Thoughts about this deck

• Please log in to reply

13 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

Simaax

Rookie Trainer

• Simaax

So i started to play about a week ago and there are still a lot of things i don't know or see.

I know my deck needs improvement,that's why i'm posting it here.

Any feedback is wanted :lol:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Marshadow-GX BUS 80
* 1 Regirock CIN 53
* 2 Timburr BLW 59
* 2 Gurdurr NVI 63
* 2 Conkeldurr NVI 64
* 1 Alolan Vulpix UPR 30
* 2 Articuno ROS 16
* 1 Lapras BKP 28
* 2 Palkia-EX BKP 31
* 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28

##Trainer Cards - 26

* 1 Wally ROS 94
* 1 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Energy Retrieval PRC 126
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 3 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 2 Cheren DEX 91
* 2 Tierno PHF 107
* 2 Switch BCR 135
* 2 Hau SUM 120
* 2 Great Ball XY 118
* 2 Cilan NXD 86
* 1 Exp. Share NXD 87
* 1 Wishful Baton BUS 128

##Energy - 19

* 1 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 1 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 6 Fighting Energy Energy 6
* 2 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 7 Water Energy  3
* 2 Splash Energy BKP 113

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

13 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone
Ah, craftsmanship. :) Such a cool ability. And as you're new, it might actually work for you. Now, the format this deck is best in would be, well, the early 2012 format, but obviously that's not an option :P so I agree Expanded is a good place.

So, my comments:
  • Palkia-EX has a great first attack, but who to give the energy to? Articuno doesn't really get much bang for the buck, if you know what I mean. Some better options might be AoR Regice, who shuts down EXs; Suicune BkP; or the other articuno from BkP, if you can get your hands on it. I would suggest running three from there, and removing lapras and articuno.
  • Those evolution lines are a bit small. Usually, it's a lot easier to find evolutions if you run more of them, plus then you have more strong attackers! I thing it would be good to add another timburr, conkeldurr, and alolan vulpix.
  • Do you have rare candy? If not I can trade you some. They make stage 2s way faster. I'd say minus one gurdurr, plus two or three candy.
  • Do you use regirock much? I feel like most of the fighting energy are probably being put on conkeldurr, and that's a better pokemon anyway, even if it does a bit less damage. It could be a good one to drop.
  • Supporters: do you have any Sycamore, N, or Cynthia? If you do, ****** many as you can in here, probably at the cost of Cilan, Center Lady, and whichever draw 3 dude you like least. ;) Two cynthia can be found in the Mach Strike theme deck in the store.
  • Got any ultra ball or pokemon communications? With as many pokemon as you have in this deck, PokeCom could be great. So could Evosoda, if you have any.
  • And then energy. It always seems like more energy is better. You can power up more pokemon, use bigger attacks, and you don't have to worry about missing an important attachment because of bad draws. But really, when you have too many, it just makes it harder to find other important cards- like the pokemon you were going attach those energies to. What usually works better is having good trainer cards- Cynthia, ultra ball, maybe a professor's letter or two- so that whatever hand you get, you can find what you need. So what that means for energy, is that you probably want 14 in this deck. Maybe 15. That would mean cutting one water, one splash, and two fighting. Besides, you have so many energy retreival, if you run out you can get them right back. :)

Good luck, and welcome to the Putsgof!

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

13 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello and welcome, Simaax!

I hope you are enjoying the game so far. Thank you for sharing your deck with us!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

13 June 2018 - 04:02 PM

Simaax

Rookie Trainer

• Simaax

Ah, craftsmanship. :) Such a cool ability. And as you're new, it might actually work for you. Now, the format this deck is best in would be, well, the early 2012 format, but obviously that's not an option :P so I agree Expanded is a good place.

So, my comments:

• Palkia-EX has a great first attack, but who to give the energy to? Articuno doesn't really get much bang for the buck, if you know what I mean. Some better options might be AoR Regice, who shuts down EXs; Suicune BkP; or the other articuno from BkP, if you can get your hands on it. I would suggest running three from there, and removing lapras and articuno.
  • Those evolution lines are a bit small. Usually, it's a lot easier to find evolutions if you run more of them, plus then you have more strong attackers! I thing it would be good to add another timburr, conkeldurr, and alolan vulpix.
  • Do you have rare candy? If not I can trade you some. They make stage 2s way faster. I'd say minus one gurdurr, plus two or three candy.
  • Do you use regirock much? I feel like most of the fighting energy are probably being put on conkeldurr, and that's a better pokemon anyway, even if it does a bit less damage. It could be a good one to drop.
  • Supporters: do you have any Sycamore, N, or Cynthia? If you do, ****** many as you can in here, probably at the cost of Cilan, Center Lady, and whichever draw 3 dude you like least. ;) Two cynthia can be found in the Mach Strike theme deck in the store.
  • Got any ultra ball or pokemon communications? With as many pokemon as you have in this deck, PokeCom could be great. So could Evosoda, if you have any.
  • And then energy. It always seems like more energy is better. You can power up more pokemon, use bigger attacks, and you don't have to worry about missing an important attachment because of bad draws. But really, when you have too many, it just makes it harder to find other important cards- like the pokemon you were going attach those energies to. What usually works better is having good trainer cards- Cynthia, ultra ball, maybe a professor's letter or two- so that whatever hand you get, you can find what you need. So what that means for energy, is that you probably want 14 in this deck. Maybe 15. That would mean cutting one water, one splash, and two fighting. Besides, you have so many energy retreival, if you run out you can get them right back. :)

Thanks for that .

I want to change articuno and lapras anyway but i don't think i have anything to replace it with. I just got Greninja GX and i'm thing about puting it in. But i only have one.

I don't have any more conkelldurs and alolan vulpix,so here is that lol

I don't have any rare candy,it would be nice to trade.

I don't really use Regirock much but he can come in handy.

I have Sycamore,two of them,one in deck. Don't have N or Cynthia.

I actualy kind of tried to avoid ultraball because of discarding,i thought nest ball would be better. Plus i'm kind of trying to have mostly basic pokemon deck,and that may change since i got Greninja GX. And i don't have Pokecom. 

I agree with energy,but in some games i just can't get energys or it's too late. So that's why i did what i did. But i get your point.

So,i'll change it and show improved version later

13 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
Well...for a start...may I suggest that you first stick with one type? It's easier to build a deck that uses only one type of basic energy.

Also ultra ball is one of the most useful cards in the game so try to familiarize with it. That can be tough if you don't have enough copies of your key cards though (which seemed to be your case here)

Edited by BowserLuigi, 13 June 2018 - 05:01 PM.

13 June 2018 - 06:49 PM

Simaax

Rookie Trainer

• Simaax

Well...for a start...may I suggest that you first stick with one type? It's easier to build a deck that uses only one type of basic energy.

Also ultra ball is one of the most useful cards in the game so try to familiarize with it. That can be tough if you don't have enough copies of your key cards though (which seemed to be your case here)

Thought about that. I know it's easier to build deck with one type,but i'll stick with two types for now. I mean,i don't have enough good water types or any other for one type deck lol

I put Greninja GX in but i only have one copy of him like i replyed before. But i put two of ultra ball in now and made just few changes.

I'll see where it leads me,i like to experiment 

14 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

Simaax

Rookie Trainer

• Simaax
That's what i came up with for now. Gonna add some cards like Cynthia when i get them.
And this deck is performing great for now 

##Pokémon - 11

* 2 Alolan Sandshrew GRI 19
* 2 Alolan Vulpix BUS 27
* 2 Palkia-EX BKP 31
* 1 Pyukumuku SUM 47
* 2 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28
* 2 Alolan Sandslash GRI 20

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Level Ball NXD 89
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Switch BCR 135
* 1 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 1 Energy Reset FCO 98
* 2 Cilan NXD 86
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 1 Wally ROS 94
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 3 N NVI 92
* 2 Tierno KSS 39
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 2 Energy Retrieval PLB 80
* 1 Exp. Share NXD 87

##Energy - 18

* 2 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 14 Water Energy  3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

14 June 2018 - 07:36 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

So, my comments:

Thank you both for helping out/providing feedback! You two have some great tips!  :cool:

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

15 June 2018 - 05:59 AM

Player_Jay

Junior Trainer

• Player_Jay
Who says you can’t make a Greninja GX Deck with only 1 copy of Greninja GX?

In my neck of the woods, We only use 1 Greninja GX.

We make 1 Greninja GX seem like 4 Greninja GX!

Haven’t you ever heard of the Ninja Shuffle?
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

15 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

Simaax

Rookie Trainer

• Simaax

Who says you can’t make a Greninja GX Deck with only 1 copy of Greninja GX?

In my neck of the woods, We only use 1 Greninja GX.

We make 1 Greninja GX seem like 4 Greninja GX!

Haven’t you ever heard of the Ninja Shuffle?

No, i haven't. Can you give me some advice on making Greninja GX deck? 

15 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

Player_Jay

Junior Trainer

• Player_Jay
The first thing to know is that there are 2 very strong Greninja decks in the game.

- Greninja GX
- Greninja BREAK

Both of these decks are very strong.

Both of these decks have different play styles.

Both of these decks are very expensive.

You are new so you will probably not be able to make the above decks.

However, You could make a new/budget friendly Greninja deck.

I have seen people make budget friendly version’s.

Here is a deck list which I believe can be decent.

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 3 Froakie BKP 38
* 2 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28
* 4 Frogadier BKP 39
* 2 Greninja BKP 40
* 1 Greninja-GX FLI 24

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 4 Evosoda XY 116
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Escape Rope BUS 114
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 3 N FCO 105
* 3 Brooklet Hill GRI 120

##Energy - 10

* 4 Water Energy Energy 3
* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

The thing to know about the above deck list is that the majority of the cards come from Theme Decks!

For Example:

- Oranguru = Destruction Fang
- Alolah Vulpix + Alolah Ninetails = Luminous Frost
- Froakie + Frogadier + Greninja = Wave Slasher

Those are all theme decks!

You may already have some of these cards which means you will save Pokémon Coins!

There is only a few cards which don’t come from a Theme Deck.

The best part is the deck has improvement options + it is allowed in Standard Format.

Edited by Player_Jay, 15 June 2018 - 08:39 PM.

It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.