Giga Hammer

• Please log in to reply

12 June 2018 - 06:34 AM

Palpadude

Rookie Trainer

• Palpadude

Metagross GX doesn't let me play Giga Hammer the turn after using it.  Is that a "special condition" that Pokemon Center Lady removes (for one turn anyways)?

12 June 2018 - 06:58 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
No. That is not a status condition that PCL can remove. To remove it, either retreat it or use the Pokemon Ranger supporter card (not recommended in a metagross deck)

The deal with metagross gx is to attack, then pay the 3 energy retreat into another metagross, THEN reloading with Geotech system so you can attack again.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 12 June 2018 - 06:59 AM.

12 June 2018 - 07:32 AM

Palpadude

Rookie Trainer

• Palpadude

No. That is not a status condition that PCL can remove. To remove it, either retreat it or use the Pokemon Ranger supporter card (not recommended in a metagross deck)

The deal with metagross gx is to attack, then pay the 3 energy retreat into another metagross, THEN reloading with Geotech system so you can attack again.

Okay that makes sense.  I was able to use Giga Hammer on consecutive turns and was wondering why.  I used Dawn Wings Necrozma to "invade" and become active, then used Malamar's ability to put a psychic energy on Metagross from the discard pile while on the bench, then used a Super Potion to heal it using that new psychic energy, then used Switch to make it active again, and used Pokemon Center Lady to heal it some more.  And I was able to attack again.  So I wasn't sure if it was PCL or from going to the bench and back.

12 June 2018 - 07:40 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Okay that makes sense. I was able to use Giga Hammer on consecutive turns and was wondering why. I used Dawn Wings Necrozma to "invade" and become active, then used Malamar's ability to put a psychic energy on Metagross from the discard pile while on the bench, then used a Super Potion to heal it using that new psychic energy, then used Switch to make it active again, and used Pokemon Center Lady to heal it some more. And I was able to attack again. So I wasn't sure if it was PCL or from going to the bench and back.

Effects (and special conditions) are removed whenever a pokemon goes to the bench. It's a useful trick, and is the key to making metagross gx work.

Also, use max potions instead of super potion, because you lose all your energies when you retreat manually anyway.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 12 June 2018 - 07:40 AM.

12 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan

There are lots of good replies here! It’s always nice to see the community helping each other!

Moderator Rowan
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!