[CARD] Alolan Ninetales GX (GRI #22) - Blizzard Edge and DCE

Cards

• Please log in to reply

11 June 2018 - 05:45 PM

shadoxfoxspirit

Rookie Trainer

• shadoxfoxspirit
I have been playing Alolan Ninetales GX since GUR dropped and it’s attack has always allowed for the discard of DCE as the cost for Blizzard Edge which does not specify two separate energy cards. Since the new update you have to discard two different energy cards even though it has a DCE. Is this an intentional change since it wasn’t listed in known bugs? It changes the entire attack and makes it worse if this isn’t a bug..

11 June 2018 - 05:48 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

DCE is supposed to count as 2 energy for the discard in this case

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

11 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

shadoxfoxspirit

Rookie Trainer

• shadoxfoxspirit

DCE is supposed to count as 2 energy for the discard in this case

I didn’t think it was right. I’ve nearly lost games because I’ve had to discard 2 Water Energy instead of the DCE. Thank you.

11 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

i just played a game with alolan ninetales gx, dce discarding is fine.  Just remember to hit the done button after selecting the double colorless energy.  It will show that you need to select 2 energy cards but you can just hit done with a dce and it should work

11 June 2018 - 09:56 PM

shadoxfoxspirit

Rookie Trainer

• shadoxfoxspirit

i just played a game with alolan ninetales gx, dce discarding is fine. Just remember to hit the done button after selecting the double colorless energy. It will show that you need to select 2 energy cards but you can just hit done with a dce and it should work

I’m gonna try to pay attention to the done button and try to repeat it. I could have sworn the done button was not lighting up until I clicked 2 energy cards. If nothing else the screen still showing that you need to select another energy after clicking the DCE (it did not do this pre-patch this week) is confusing because I as you can see from this thread being started :c

Edited by shadoxfoxspirit, 11 June 2018 - 09:57 PM.

11 June 2018 - 10:56 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

X920X is right.

After a DCE is selected you can press done and works, but it's true, it seems the game asks you to discard another energy. And you know what? Should not allow you to do it! Same as if you choose 2 basic energy, you can't choose a third and discard it too.

And this is probably more a bug than the looking aspect of the game encouraging players to choose another energy because, could look that way but as told, shouldn't allow it.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

12 June 2018 - 01:01 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Hmm, yeah. It shouldn't ALLOW you to select another energy after a DCE, as you might be giving yourself an advantage by putting them in your discard.

If you do WANT to discard both, it's legal to select the DCE as the second energy.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

12 June 2018 - 01:13 AM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

And you know what? Should not allow you to do it! Same as if you choose 2 basic energy, you can't choose a third and discard it too.

This is incorrect.  You're allowed to discard a water for the first energy and a DCE for the second.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

14 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

Unless I'm mistaken, in all situations where we are asked to select energies to discard (not energy cards), we can select one half of a double energy, this counts as 1 energy, and even if we never select the other half it will be discarded along with the selected half (because we can't just rip cards...). So you could discard 3 DCE to pay a retreat cost of 3.

The interface shouldn't try to be clever and guess whether we want to discard more energies or not.

The "done" button means “auto-select unused double energy halves (and super boost quarters etc.) to pay the remaining energy cost".

There's nothing to improve there. (Except for the general lack of a cancel feature: don't retreat/attack now after all.)

Edited by SingingFlyEx, 14 June 2018 - 05:31 PM.

14 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Unless I'm mistaken, in all situations where we are asked to select energies to discard (not energy cards), we can select one half of a double energy, this counts as 1 energy, and even if we never select the other half it will be discarded along with the selected half (because we can't just rip cards...). So you could discard 3 DCE to pay a retreat cost of 3.

The interface shouldn't try to be clever and guess whether we want to discard more energies or not.

The "done" button means “auto-select unused double energy halves (and super boost quarters etc.) to pay the remaining energy cost".

There's nothing to improve there. (Except for the general lack of a cancel feature: don't retreat/attack now after all.)

You can't select half a card. Discarding 3 DCE to satisfy the condition "discard 3 energy" would violate the rules of the physical card game. Consider targeting an opponent's pokemon with 3 DCEs with such a thing.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

14 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

Q. Can I use Umbreon-GX's "Dark Call GX" attack to discard 2 Double Colorless Energy?
A. Yes, you can select 1 Energy of each Double Colorless Energy to discard both of them. This applies for discarding your own Energy for an attack and for retreating as well. So if you used Hoopa-EX's "Hyperspace Fury" attack or paid its Retreat Cost of 2, discarding 2 Double Colorless Energy would be legal options. (Jan 26, 2017 TPCi Rules Team; Jun 27, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Discipline is Private

18 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello shadoxfoxspirit,

I have modified the title of your thread to be more descriptive. 

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

18 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

You can't select half a card.

We're selecting energies however, not cards.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cards