[GENERAL] Other - Account got broken into, what do i do

• Please log in to reply

09 June 2018 - 11:36 PM

Mrwingens

Rookie Trainer

• Mrwingens

After not playing for a while i recently came back to PTCGO because of the packs added in shop. When i logged onto my account i saw that all my coins i saved up where gone and that a lot of valuable cards i had where traded for packs and those packs where all traded to a account named [Edited by Mod_Jynthu - Calling other players out is not permitted]. I wanted to get back into the game so this is really disappointing for me. 

So please help me with this problem.

Edited by Mod_Jynthu, 10 June 2018 - 12:20 AM.
Calling out another player

10 June 2018 - 12:08 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

After not playing for a while i recently came back to PTCGO because of the packs added in shop. When i logged onto my account i saw that all my coins i saved up where gone and that a lot of valuable cards i had where traded for packs and those packs where all traded to a account named [Edited by Mod_Jynthu - Calling other players out is not permitted]. I wanted to get back into the game so this is really disappointing for me. 

So please help me with this problem.

1.  If there's anything to be done, it won't happen here in the forum.  That's a given.  You'll need to file a Support Ticket if there's going to be any resolution at all.  Look for the Customer Service link at the bottom of every page.  Click PTCGO, and then Contact Us with as much info as possible.  From hearing about past cases that have been brought up, they're usually not too sympathetic, but it's worth the pursuit.

2.  You might want to look carefully at your little brother, or someone else close by.  The "coins you saved up" can't be traded, so someone was directly using your game in order to spend them.  Why would they be spending Tokens to buy items that can't be traded away?  Seems like they must have had direct use of your password in that case.  Any ideas?  If they "traded your cards for packs" and then "those packs were traded away," that again suggests someone was directly using your game account (for quite some time).  This doesn't sound like the work of a Black Hat hacker, but someone you may know or bumped into.

Edited by RobRatt, 10 June 2018 - 12:26 AM.
Modified quoted content

10 June 2018 - 12:26 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Mrwingens,

I'm sorry to hear that! If you haven't already, please be sure to change your password. 

Like RobRatt suggested, I recommend submitting a report through the Support Portal by clicking the link in my signature, then signing in. Select the Pokémon TCG Online category, then click Contact Us. 

In the future, please note that calling other players out by name is not permitted on the forums. I modified your post to remove this content. 

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

11 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

Hello Mrwingens,

In addition to what has been written above, I'd like to note that users are responsible for their account's security. We recommend that you delete your saved log in in your browser and that you disconnect from your account each time you log in from a different location.

You are also encouraged to change your password and make sure that it contains at least one capital letter, one special character, and a combination of numbers and letters.

Moderator Vengr
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!