[GAME] Trading - Trade tag not appearing

• Please log in to reply

09 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

Big5nooze

Rookie Trainer

• Big5nooze
The button to tag your cards for up to trade is just noy there for any of my cards in my collection, im new in this game so please dont laugh i just need help 😅

09 June 2018 - 09:11 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Especially when you're a new player, there are many free cards in the game that cannot be traded.  Most players call them, "trade-locked."  Any cards given as free gifts in the game (in booster packs), or boosters purchased from the in-game Shop, or that you earn in the Trainer Challenge can't be traded.  If they can't be traded, the "double arrows" trade button will not appear on that card.

To get tradable cards, they have to come from tradable packs.  That can be done by entering store-bought code cards, winning booster packs in Events (tournaments in-game), or from the Knockout Challenge once you reach Level 16.

Edited by RobRatt, 09 June 2018 - 09:18 PM.

09 June 2018 - 09:30 PM

Mod_Elderberry

• Mod_Elderberry

Thanks again Rob for helping out, great answer. 

Moderator Elderberry
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

09 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Big5nooze,

I have edited the title of this thread to match the format used by this subforum.

If you still experience an issue trading cards, please ensure that you have enabled this option in the settings for your profile on www.pokemon.com. 

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu

10 June 2018 - 12:43 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

If you still experience an issue trading cards, please ensure that you have enabled this option in the settings for your profile on www.pokemon.com. 

I never thought about that being a possibility.

I'm curious though.  What happens if a player has Public Trade turned off?  Do they even see the Public Offers tab in the game?  If they have Public Trade and Friend Trade both turned off, does that mean they'll never be able to tag/mark cards, in case they change their mind later?

Sorry about asking.  Maybe no one knows.  I'd test it myself, but I'm afraid a great big bug might jump out and bite me if I do.

Edited by RobRatt, 10 June 2018 - 12:48 AM.

10 June 2018 - 03:13 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

I never thought about that being a possibility.

I'm curious though.  What happens if a player has Public Trade turned off?  Do they even see the Public Offers tab in the game?  If they have Public Trade and Friend Trade both turned off, does that mean they'll never be able to tag/mark cards, in case they change their mind later?

Sorry about asking.  Maybe no one knows.  I'd test it myself, but I'm afraid a great big bug might jump out and bite me if I do.

Hi RobRatt,

If Public trade is set to closed, the Public Offers tab is accessible but it will display a message that Public trade is disabled.

If Friend and Public trade options are disabled (closed), the Trade button will be grayed out and mousing over will give the text "Disabled due to Pokémon Trainer Club account settings". Trade can always be turned back on in the settings.

I'm not sure what would happen if you had active trades and disabled the setting. 

Moderator Jynthu

10 June 2018 - 03:34 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Moderator Jynthu, thank you for taking the time to answer.  Your kindness is appreciated.

11 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

You are very welcome, RobRatt! I'm glad I could help!

Moderator Jynthu