Version 2.53

• Please log in to reply

08 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

Nickles12345678

Novice Trainer

• Nickles12345678

Since the last update i baught 3 theme decks and im getting 1 pack per trainer challenge match i win. So i got 36 packs + the 3 for finishing 12 matches with each deck.

This is not in the patch notes. Its a bug?

But i have noticed that in all of the 36 packs there was no ex,gx,full art, secret rare, breaks, nothing.

Thats a bug as well or is it here to counterbalance the fact that you get so many packs?

Can you guys test it and tell me your drop rates with those untradable packs?

08 June 2018 - 10:39 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Since the last update i baught 3 theme decks and im getting 1 pack per trainer challenge match i win. So i got 36 packs + the 3 for finishing 12 matches with each deck.

But i have noticed that in all of the 36 packs there was no ex,gx,full art, secret rare, breaks, nothing.

Thats a bug as well or is it here to counterbalance the fact that you get so many packs?

If these booster packs are going into the same stacks as all the other booster packs, then the contents are just luck, be it good or bad.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

08 June 2018 - 06:10 PM

autogatos

Rookie Trainer

• autogatos

Unfortunately I think you just had a streak of bad luck. As far as I can tell, pull rates from these packs are the same as any other. I've definitely pulled some EX cards and at least one rainbow rare, saw someone pull a Lele, and seen just the general usual range of pulls from awesome to terrible.

When you're dealing with randomization, even though the odds are insanely low, there's always a small chance you can open 100 packs and not get a single good card, or open 100 packs and get a GX in every pack. Those are the extremes though and most people will fall somewhere in the middle with the occasional bad or good streak.

Some people claim that if you're consistently getting bad pulls, logging out of the game and logging back in will fix it, but I have no idea why that would be the case and I suspect that's just confirmation bias (i.e. someone gets frustrated after opening a ton of packs with no good pulls, logs out in frustration, and then comes back later to try again and finally gets a GX...and falsely attributes it to the logging out/in rather than just pure random luck).

08 June 2018 - 11:24 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I don't know if this is a glitch with the new update, or not.  I'd like to think, that since they are random boosters, and trade-locked, that they've done this to help new players get a jumpstart on card collecting.

It definitely makes the Trainer Challenge worth playing for newer players.  Buy a Theme Deck for 500 Tokens, and then go beat the cartoon players in Trainer Challenge (3 levels x 12).  That's a lot of random boosters in return.

It may be intentional.  I've noticed that the built-in decks (Crushing Current, etc.) are also giving a booster for every victory.

09 June 2018 - 05:38 AM

Nickles12345678

Novice Trainer

• Nickles12345678

Lol, it works with decks owned before the update too Oo.
So i have to do another 24 matches times ~ 45 decks = 1080 matches and 1080 boosters.
I am missing 20 decks, from BW and HGSS, so thats another 36 matches * 20 decks in the future, 36*20 = 720 matches /boosters

So you can get over 1800 boosters just through those trainer challenges.

And all decks are avilable in the shop

I did not even count the trainer challenge decks. Thats over 2200 packs total. 

Then add the basic decks you get at the start and future decks.

Over 2500 boosters.

Whats the plan here? To have most players playing against the AI for the next months basically killing versus and torunaments? Makes no sense.

At this point, i cannot believe this is intentional. Its a bug.

More arguments for that:

- Its not mentioned in the patch notes.

- If you click on the info button in the trainer challenge menu it still only mentions that you get 1 pack after winning 12 matches with the same deck or 4 matches against a specific trainer.

Now the Question is, are they gonna delete all cards gotten through packs through bug usage once they fix this, thus ereasing hours of work, or do they not? 

If they dont, everyone should farm the heck out of this situation as long as they can.

Personally i dont think it would be fair to punish players for them messing up.

Especially since:

- All players have the same chance, even Free 2 Play Players have Dozens of theme decks

- Players did not get a 100 packs for just a click, they invested the time and effort by winning the matches

- Players did not cause this trouble.

Edited by Nickles12345678, 09 June 2018 - 05:53 AM.

09 June 2018 - 09:00 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Note:  It only gives this free booster prize once you have all 4 Stars on the Trainers.  At least that appears to be the criteria.  I know a newer player, who doesn't have the Trainers or Levels complete, and they are just getting the standard Token rewards.

Edited by RobRatt, 09 June 2018 - 10:00 PM.