New rewards in Trainer Challenge?

• Please log in to reply

06 June 2018 - 03:14 AM

KenjiShiratsuki

Rookie Trainer

• KenjiShiratsuki

Were the rewards updated at some point recently? I just did a few matches in Trainer Challenge, battling trainers I've already 4-starred with a deck I never used against them before. I got a pack each time I won, including matches after finishing a deck's "progress bar". For example, I used Wave Slasher against 5 trainers with the green bar on the pack at 9/12. The 3rd match got me 2 packs, whereas the first two gave me a pack each. The 4th and 5th also got me packs. All of these were new matchups for that deck, IE: they didn't have the green checkmark. Is this a normal thing going forward? I'll be able to get 36 packs every time I buy a new theme deck?

EDIT1: To be clear, I want to ask this because while this FEELS like a feature, rather than a bug, I want to make sure it ISNT a bug before I open any of these packs. I don't want to get banned for getting a bunch of things via an unknown bug. I play Go and other things on this PTC account and I do NOT want to get banned from everything for something silly like this.

EDIT2: Dueled the same trainer with the same deck a second time, no prize. It seems like this is a new feature. Still waiting for confirmation. I'd rather not have to bug Pokemon TCG support, if someone could just direct me to where they made this change official. I'd love to drag other card-playing friends back into Pokemon by telling them how many free packs they can get. They'd be perfectly happy to play if this is a permanent change, as they'd likely be able to make the decks they want to. (and its balanced since the packs are all locked)

Edited by KenjiShiratsuki, 06 June 2018 - 12:47 PM.

07 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

Skaarzzz

Rookie Trainer

• Skaarzzz

I was also wondering about this. I have completed all 3 tiers with 4 stars as well. I hope this isn't a glitch because this seems like a great feature. Hope we can get some word from an official about this soon because I'd like to tell my friends to start grinding and playing again.

07 June 2018 - 04:43 PM

KenjiShiratsuki

Rookie Trainer

• KenjiShiratsuki

I emailed support, and they said it is a known issue, but the entire response seemed automatically generated, so I wonder whether or not they actually checked at all. It isn't posted on the Known Issues list, and since all the packs are locked to account, it seems intentional to me. I feel like this should be left alone, as all it can do is let people collect a decent amount of cards to make a deck with using hard work instead of money. And you can't tell me that working through 36+ matches isn't time consuming. Moreover, you're limited by the amount of decks you have, and have to grind coins for more, then challenge more AI matches to unlock the packs. I honestly think this should stay, it won't unbalance the game. Not to mention that fixing it won't remove the packs from our collections, or the cards they gave, and banning people who took advantage of this, knowingly or not, is going to cause major issues for the Pokemon Company since people use the same PTC account for this, Go, and other things like Global Link saves. Thoughts?

Yesterday, 05:00 PM

Nickles12345678

Novice Trainer

• Nickles12345678

They fixed it now.

I was able to get 136 packs before the fix came out.

Edited by Nickles12345678, Yesterday, 05:00 PM.