Discussion on the value of HGSS and BW cards now that their packs are purchasable using Tokens

• Please log in to reply

05 June 2018 - 08:35 PM

Pikalover5769

Junior Trainer

• Pikalover5769

Hey everyone!

I wanted to have a friendly discussion on what will happen to the value of HGSS and BW cards now that their packs are purchasable using tokens. As an aside, I still hope legacy tournaments are brought back and that tradeable versions of these packs come into the game in another way asides from purchasing them using gems (Canadian players can buy tradeable versions of these packs).

Anyways what do you all think will happen? I'm trying to collect at least 4x everything in game so I think this is going to cause the value of the HGSS and BW cards to drop significantly which to be honest is great for me but I would love to hear everyone else's opinions.

I know many traders value their collection a lot higher than people actually are willing to trade for it (sunk cost fallacy) so I would like to hear counterpoints that can convince me otherwise.

All the best and let's continue loving Pokemon and having fun woohoo!

Pika!

05 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

Player_Jay

Junior Trainer

• Player_Jay
I’ll tell you want upsets me!

The injustice the game has on newer players.

They are savages!

Did you see the Game Play items they added to the Shop? No?

That’s right!

They didn’t add any!

They same stupid Squirtle Box!

No Gengar Box!

No Gengar Sleeves!

What kind of Pokémon Game is this?

They might as well just end me now because they are killing me slow.

I might as well just sing a song in my sadness.

I was going to make a Legacy Gengar Deck.

Until, they found out, I was new player!

Now I’m sitting here with no Legacy Gengar Deck and I know why!

Cause I’m New player. Cause I’m New player.

I was going to reach 1st place in Legacy Tournament!

Until, they found out, I was new player!

Now I can’t even enter a Tournament and I know why!

Cause I’m New Player. Cause I’m New player.
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

07 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

goodgoy

Rookie Trainer

• goodgoy

Tradable BW HGSS cards remain extremely low in supply. Demand for these cards have never been high.

Prices should remain more or less the same. 

07 June 2018 - 07:13 PM

Pikalover5769

Junior Trainer

• Pikalover5769

Tradable BW HGSS cards remain extremely low in supply. Demand for these cards have never been high.

Prices should remain more or less the same. 

Exactly...their demand is low so I'm not sure why traders think they will get excessive value on them. Most traders are pretty reasonable but some are not. That being said I have already noticed their value has dropped through some completed trades so I am very happy :)

11 June 2018 - 02:00 AM

Jigglypuffan

Expert Trainer

• Jigglypuffan

junk arm might go down.. but except that , everything will stay same..

and people think they can get a lot for a good reason.. foil card in hgss are rare, so people know it , and they sell for a lot..

with your reasonning, few people look for gems stuff. but gems stuff is super high..

i still wait to see a trade 1 pack for 10 foil hgss card ;)

11 June 2018 - 02:01 AM

TinaPromo

Rookie Trainer

• TinaPromo

I think HGSS/BW foils are worth as much as the seller values them at, whether it's 0.1 or 10 each

11 June 2018 - 04:19 AM

Pikalover5769

Junior Trainer

• Pikalover5769

junk arm might go down.. but except that , everything will stay same..

and people think they can get a lot for a good reason.. foil card in hgss are rare, so people know it , and they sell for a lot..

with your reasonning, few people look for gems stuff. but gems stuff is super high..

i still wait to see a trade 1 pack for 10 foil hgss card ;)

Thank you for your comment :)

I actually received a lot of HGSS era reverse holo card trades this week for 1 GRI pack per 12 HGSS era reverse holos, so I respectfully believe you are wrong. The demand for these cards is not high, and I don't believe it ever has been.

Furthermore, staples like Celebi and junk arm are getting pulled from trade locked packs left and right. I have been seeing many comments on this, so I am incredibly pleased that players are getting more cards for their collection! It makes me so happy and I do see it having an effect on the tradable card market decreasing their value. Which is great for everyone and will allow more players to play formats such as legacy. That may lead to the return of legacy tournaments which will make tradable legacy packs even easier to attain leading to an increase in supply of HGSS era cards dropping the price even more :)

Additionally, gem items that have been added to the token shop have significantly dropped in value with the new update. For example, the HGSS era theme decks used to be worth a lot, but now that they've been added to the shop they can be traded for cheaply and bought using tokens and gems. This trend will follow when more gem items get re-added to the shop as our game's wonderful staff have been making the game much more accessible. They are preaching attainability not exclusivity which is wonderful!

Again thank you so much for your comment friend :)

I think HGSS/BW foils are worth as much as the seller values them at, whether it's 0.1 or 10 each

Thanks for your comment :) Yes, sellers and buyers both have the right to value their items as they see fit. That is the beautiful nature of our AMAZING game.

All the best,

Pika!

16 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

Jigglypuffan

Expert Trainer

• Jigglypuffan

I actually received a lot of HGSS era reverse holo card trades this week for 1 GRI pack per 12 HGSS era reverse holos, so I respectfully believe you are wrong. The demand for these cards is not high, and I don't believe it ever has been.

lol your such a good lyer.. its easy to said thing like you do without prove it..

we all see last time you don't show any pic and finding excuse about it .

16 June 2018 - 10:46 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi Trainers,

Please remember to keep all posts respectful to other players. I recommend reviewing the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Yesterday, 02:23 AM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Thank you for your comment :)

Furthermore, staples like Celebi and junk arm are getting pulled from trade locked packs left and right. I have been seeing many comments on this, so I am incredibly pleased that players are getting more cards for their collection! It makes me so happy and I do see it having an effect on the tradable card market decreasing their value. Which is great for everyone and will allow more players to play formats such as legacy. That may lead to the return of legacy tournaments which will make tradable legacy packs even easier to attain leading to an increase in supply of HGSS era cards dropping the price even more :)

Additionally, gem items that have been added to the token shop have significantly dropped in value with the new update. For example, the HGSS era theme decks used to be worth a lot, but now that they've been added to the shop they can be traded for cheaply and bought using tokens and gems. This trend will follow when more gem items get re-added to the shop as our game's wonderful staff have been making the game much more accessible. They are preaching attainability not exclusivity which is wonderful!

Again thank you so much for your comment friend :)

Thanks for your comment :) Yes, sellers and buyers both have the right to value their items as they see fit. That is the beautiful nature of our AMAZING game.

All the best,
Pika!

Unless that the reverse holos were just random cards, allow me to respectfully doubt your claims. Tradable HGSS era equipment is pretty rare.

Friendship is magic!