Charizard Avatar Set

• Please log in to reply

05 June 2018 - 06:52 PM

Pikalover5769

Trainer

• Pikalover5769

Hey everyone!

Just wondering how much the full set is valued at. 

Thank you!

06 June 2018 - 12:53 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Hey everyone!

Just wondering how much the full set is valued at. 

Thank you!

Like many of the rarer collectibles, those who have them are always going to say it's way, way more than it should be.  That's been a problem in this game for as long as I've been playing.  There's this perception that THEY get to set the price, and all else must follow.

Typically I see players asking for 175+ on this one, but it's not uncommon to see them wanting 200+.  I test these things to see.  To give you an idea, I traded (my own offer in Public) for a Charizard Suit for 3 RA Tapu Lele GX and a few minor items (about 75-80 value at the time).  It took over 10 days, but the savings were substantial.

Edited by RobRatt, 06 June 2018 - 01:08 AM.

06 June 2018 - 02:20 AM

pokemonbrandon

Senior Trainer

• pokemonbrandon

Like many of the rarer collectibles, those who have them are always going to say it's way, way more than it should be.  That's been a problem in this game for as long as I've been playing.  There's this perception that THEY get to set the price, and all else must follow.

Typically I see players asking for 175+ on this one, but it's not uncommon to see them wanting 200+.  I test these things to see.  To give you an idea, I traded (my own offer in Public) for a Charizard Suit for 3 RA Tapu Lele GX and a few minor items (about 75-80 value at the time).  It took over 10 days, but the savings were substantial.

I would have to say "they" you refer to are the companies? As I do make up my own price and if it sells it sells, if not oh well. I'm not a shepherd nor sheep(alot of the latter here).... 

And like  many other rare items and cards they do go for more which is evident . I wquld have to say that 3 ra lele is a low ball offer so would you maybe say you ripped that person off? Did they know the value of the lele's over the cost of the costume? I will go with probably not....I personally know how much it costs to buy the charizard avi packs and to get a full costume costs money, and unless you have people to trade parts with you have to spend a fair bit. If you would like a free lesson on gem items I would gladly help you any day. :)

PB

06 June 2018 - 05:42 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I would have to say "they" you refer to are the companies? As I do make up my own price and if it sells it sells, if not oh well. I'm not a shepherd nor sheep (alot of the latter here)....

Good analogy.  It's more fun than playing the game according to the wolves among us, eh?

And like many other rare items and cards they do go for more which is evident . I wquld have to say that 3 ra lele is a low ball offer so would you maybe say you ripped that person off? Did they know the value of the lele's over the cost of the costume? I will go with probably not....

So, the guys "insisting" they're valued at 200+ get to make the rules?  ...and you're suggesting I'm a player misleading and ripping others off?  They're not gouging people, but I am?

That's hysterical.  Can't you just picture the poor little 8-year-old searching Public Offers to trade away his hard-earned Charizard Costume, and running into me?  ...without a clue what it's worth, or the value of my Tapu Lele GX's?  Somehow, I don't think so.

Everything costs money.  With Guardians Rising code cards going for $0.75 each (USD), that's more than $55.00 I traded for a mock outfit that I'll never wear, and will end up just giving to a friend or family.  Actually, it was an experiment, and I feel that I paid more than it's worth in the first place.  Do you think many players might need a reality check about real costs before paying any higher?  At 175 value in-game, that's over $130 real dollars for virtual vanity (way out of my price range).

If you would like a free lesson on gem items I would gladly help you any day. :)

Sure, if you think I need one, you're in my friends list, and I'm only a PM away.

Edited by RobRatt, 06 June 2018 - 10:22 AM.

06 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

Pikalover5769

Trainer

• Pikalover5769

Welp so uh how much does it cost lol

I don't want to overpay XD

07 June 2018 - 07:00 AM

pokemonbrandon

Senior Trainer

• pokemonbrandon

Good analogy. It's more fun than playing the game according to the wolves among us, eh?

So, the guys "insisting" they're valued at 200+ get to make the rules? ...and you're suggesting I'm a player misleading and ripping others off? They're not gouging people, but I am?

That's hysterical. Can't you just picture the poor little 8-year-old searching Public Offers to trade away his hard-earned Charizard Costume, and running into me? ...without a clue what it's worth, or the value of my Tapu Lele GX's? Somehow, I don't think so.

Everything costs money. With Guardians Rising code cards going for $0.75 each (USD), that's more than $55.00 I traded for a mock outfit that I'll never wear, and will end up just giving to a friend or family. Actually, it was an experiment, and I feel that I paid more than it's worth in the first place. Do you think many players might need a reality check about real costs before paying any higher? At 175 value in-game, that's over $130 real dollars for virtual vanity (way out of my price range).

Sure, if you think I need one, you're in my friends list, and I'm only a PM away.

It costing 35 bucks for 650 gems and you are lucky if you get 2 pieces out of that amount....I know once I got squat....buy 3 gem packs so that is 105 dollars in gems and you might get a set.

And you getting GR codes at 75 cents each O.o I would look around more, I get mine from 35-50 cents a piece.

I would have to say that the charizard outfit is a lot more rare then most, it could probably be run up like the gem vivid items that are ***************** to1500 packs minimum? that to me is ******** and nothing should be that high. i have been offered alot for my sets , as I keep 4 of each item anyways, I just tell them that hey...I wont rip you off for something that will hopefully be out again one day.

And to the topic starter, I would say thew value ranges around 160-170 packs . you may find it more affordable though to just offer for it piece by piece with cards and such to hopefully get it cheaper.

07 June 2018 - 08:14 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

And you getting GR codes at 75 cents each O.o I would look around more, I get mine from 35-50 cents a piece.

As you might imagine, I have better connections than that, substantially.  I wouldn't play the game otherwise.

We can't ignore possible replacement costs though, or what the average player is paying out.  That's the reference I was using.  75 cents a pack is from the most popular code site I'm aware of, and they're 89 cents or more on Amazon (in lots of 36).  They're even more in other places.

No matter where they get code cards from, even from opening booster packs, I just wish that more players realized their real value (in $$$).  Listening to jokers talking about 200 for this, or 600 for that, takes on a whole new light.  Sadly, it's usually those who are masterful at getting other peoples' booster packs that set this atmosphere.

Edited by RobRatt, 07 June 2018 - 08:22 AM.