Basic Decks

• Please log in to reply

05 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

sigiboy5

Rookie Trainer

• sigiboy5
This is just a suggestion, but it would be brilliant if they could make a versus category for only the basic decks. As it stands right now the basic decks are useless in themed battles, making it really difficult for new players, and for players like me, who just likes playing with those decks.

05 June 2018 - 06:00 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
I disagree.

I feel Basic Decks shouldn’t be allowed in versus at all.

I feel Basic Decks should only be played in Trainer Challenge against the AI.

The reason why I feel this way is because a lot of players who play Basic Theme Decks are beginners.

You may not see that as a problem, but it is a serious problem.

They don’t know what they are doing because they are beginners.

They are playing against a person who has played Pokémon for 20 years.

So they sit there lost in there own Pokémon World; meanwhile, the timer is ticking away!

Do they even realize it is there turn? Nope!

Do they even care they are wasting precious time? Nope!

I use the avatar to say “Hello!”

They send me a smiley face back!

They don’t even make a move!

They don’t even know it is there turn!

These people shouldn’t be allowed to play against other people at all!

Let them spend all day in a duel vs the AI!

The AI will not mind!

The worst part is that it isn’t the little kids!

It’s the grow ups wasting all the time!

Tell a 8 year old to make a Pokémon move!

They will do 20 different actions in a single turn less than 3 seconds.

Tell that 8 year old mother or father to make a Pokémon move!

They spend 20 min. trying to figure out if it is there turn, yet.

Than they throw there hands in air and say this is so hard!

They look at a card!

The card only has 3 words on it “ Draw 3 Card”

It takes them 20 more min. to figure out what that even means.

Hopeless!
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

05 June 2018 - 10:19 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
^ Exaggerations aside, in the past basic decks are among the best in the game. For example, Basic Orange was a very good deck in the BW era (reminder: at some point Pokemon Catcher does NOT require a coin flip). XY basic green was dominating theme when it first came out. And Crushing Current....yeah..... know despair.

Most of the 'basic' decks were nerfed to the depths of heall and had not been (and will probably never be) restored to their previous state. No new sun and moon 'basic' decks had been released thus far. Sad.

05 June 2018 - 10:47 PM

sigiboy5

Rookie Trainer

• sigiboy5
I feel like the latest theme decks have made every past theme deck almost unplayable unless you have one of them yourself. And while that might just be down to me not being good enough, it would be nice to be able to play the good old basic decks against other basic decks.

06 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

Pikalover5769

Trainer

• Pikalover5769

+1 sigiboy5 I also hope they bring basic decks to the shop for purchase using coins/gems so we can collect them all and use them for battle woohoo!

08 June 2018 - 01:58 PM

Icy-Lily

Rookie Trainer

• Icy-Lily

In response to "player-jay", i couldnt diagree with you more,

Im a relativly new player to online but have been playing the card game for years,

I feel you live in a very negative world, i feel you havnt taken into account what is happening in your opponants life on the other side of the screen.

They may be trying to learn the game, and the best way o that is to just keep practicing, Trainer challengers are ok but you dont gain much reward from them,

your opponant may be dislexic and require a bit longer to read through there cards,

yes some may not realize if there avatar is highlighted it is there turn but they will soon learn.

They may of popped off to go do something really quick while you play your turn,

Or like me, I play while my kids sleep, but if one of them wake up, I'm sorry but that takes priority, I don't mind if I leave my clock ticking down while I do it.

Or sometimes I let my 6year old son play, he needs a little time to read his cards and understand them. Patience is key to helping someone learn something new.

Its a bit off fun, I know there are hard core players out there, and it is meant to be competitive environment, not a hostile one. 

As for the basic decks, I do feel a little out matched against a theme deck sometimes, and other times I've won hands down, its luck of the draw and strategy. 

I would like to see them back in the store as I hadn't finished collecting all the decks yet,

Maybe they could put in better ranking choices, so you play against someone with a similar skill level,

Or an option for only playing with basic decks (excluding theme) in verses battles for beginners that want to move away from AI battles but challenge themselves a bit more.

Thankfully I have redeemable codes for decks, but also have been grinding for points for a few weeks so I can start buying theme decks in the start, its slow but im getting there, even taken down a few GX custom decks.

10 June 2018 - 03:31 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
In response to “Icy Lily”, Please don’t talk to me.

You have Confessed to being a Time Waster!

You are nothing more than a Pokémon Criminal in my eyes.

There is nothing you can say to me.

I would tell you how I really felt about people like you, but if I did.

The moderators would remove my post.

Thus, I will say nothing!

This is me saying nothing to you.

——————————————————

As far as the Basic Decks go, I have given my answer.

Basic Decks belong in the trash!

They shouldn’t be allowed in versus at all.

Play it V.S. the AI.

No one will mind if you play your garbage deck against a machine.

It’s like playing Pokémon Solitaire.

The machine will not care if you take all day to make a move.

If you play vs a human, You should have the decency to play at a sufficient rate of speed.

———————————————————————————

People may think I’m being mean, but I’m not!

I’m being nice.

If I was mean, I would agree with you all!

I would say “Yeah, play your Basic deck in verses so that I can get matched up against you.”

Than I would proceed to play my Mach Strike deck and stomp you into the ground.

So you see? I’m helping you by disagreeing!

I’m sacrificing free wins for the greater good!

You don’t have to Thank Me!

I’m happy to do it because I have a tender loving heart.
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.