OU7C4ST - Recent Card Value Guide Changes

• Please log in to reply

31 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

OU7C4ST

Senior Trainer

• OU7C4ST

Hi all!

Last night I added Forbidden Light values along with changing up the Pack values as the ratios haven't been adjusted in awhile. (Everything older than FL still needs updated, which is happening Saturday)

It's been brought to my attention that not everyone agrees with my posted values on Pack Ratios, ( which is totally cool! :) ) so I would like to hear your input on them as well if possible.

Tell me which ones you believe I got right, which ones I got totally wrong, and so on. Include detailed information on why you think your suggested ratios may be more accurate.

This only helps bring more accuracy to the Card Value Guide.

Thanks in advance & happy gaming!

OU7C4ST - /r/ptcgo Head Moderator
Twitch's #1 PTCGO Streamer
Founder of OU7C4ST's Card Value Guide

Check out my YT for Deck Reviews, & More!

31 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Hey! I think that Glaceon-EX’s value is 0.66 and it’s Full Art version is at 1.5. (Fates Collide)

According to discussion threads that I have read, Tropical Beach 2011 is about 160 value, and Tropical Beach 2012 is about 150.

Battle City (Black Star Promo) will probably be at 1 value, but offer/demand rate is rather small so I can’t say for sure.

That’s all that I think I know. Good luck with your guide!

Friendship is magic!

31 May 2018 - 11:19 PM

PlatinumDude

Veteran Trainer

• PlatinumDude

Thanks for the update. I still remember the time when people offered a regular art Ultra Necrozma for 19-20 Guardians Rising packs (an arm and a leg for one of Forbidden Light's best chase cards). I'm glad that the price went down by a lot since then.

03 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

Frankie-Ashley

Trainer

• Frankie-Ashley

Wouldnt know where to start tbh and very suprised people actually take your word as gospel...

You just reducing prices of everything for no reason  few i agree with like shining legends price reduction, everything else is just a no no.

reducing leles price (when she is used as currency)... and not reducing guardian risings price when she is the reason GRI is valued at 1 is just beyond me.... but either way im out have fun and good luck

Edited by Frankie-Ashley, 03 June 2018 - 09:10 AM.

03 June 2018 - 10:25 AM

T3muj1n7

Novice Trainer

• T3muj1n7
Can you suggest an alternative? In the interest of the community having a rough guide is beneficial, as not all players have the time or capacity to make their own judgement.

Inevitably some will lose out, but simply complaining that you dislike it is unproductive. Judging by your avatar you can afford the tax on your cards, whereas a newer player has to know that they are getting a fair deal.

I dislike that plasma freeze was lowered, because this impacts my own wealth, however it matches my personal observation, so I accept it.

I'd like to see COL energies updated soon, as people tend to hold on to cards where there is uncertainty, for fear of getting a bad deal. These seem to range between 3 for lightning to 7 for fighting, with the rest falling somewhere in between.

TL;DR keep up the good work, I'd hate to see this disappear as the vocal minority skews your perception. This is an invaluable resource.

04 June 2018 - 06:48 AM

OU7C4ST

Senior Trainer

• OU7C4ST

Can you suggest an alternative? In the interest of the community having a rough guide is beneficial, as not all players have the time or capacity to make their own judgement.

Inevitably some will lose out, but simply complaining that you dislike it is unproductive. Judging by your avatar you can afford the tax on your cards, whereas a newer player has to know that they are getting a fair deal.

I dislike that plasma freeze was lowered, because this impacts my own wealth, however it matches my personal observation, so I accept it.

I'd like to see COL energies updated soon, as people tend to hold on to cards where there is uncertainty, for fear of getting a bad deal. These seem to range between 3 for lightning to 7 for fighting, with the rest falling somewhere in between.

TL;DR keep up the good work, I'd hate to see this disappear as the vocal minority skews your perception. This is an invaluable resource.

Frankie-Ashley has spend several opportunities to bash me, or the guide for months, Year + now without much reasoning, or proof of reason for doing so except it may hurt his/her own self gain from trading. The reasonings the user has listed above are already contradicting as I stream myself researching the values, and posting them. They don't come out of thin air as they so truly believe, lol.

I don't really spend much time on people who just like to argue for the sake of it, even when you lay out in front of them why they are obviously wrong. Just not worth lowering oneself to that type of negativity level. :)

Thanks for the kind words! CoL is gonna be analyzed soon. I'm looking to get a few more myself. I just don't like the SR's over the CoL holos.

OU7C4ST - /r/ptcgo Head Moderator
Twitch's #1 PTCGO Streamer
Founder of OU7C4ST's Card Value Guide

Check out my YT for Deck Reviews, & More!

06 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

Player_Jay

Junior Trainer

• Player_Jay
I feel Forbidden Light is still even to Guardian Rising.

The majority of cards you get from Guardian Rising are valued under 1 pack.

There are only a couple cards in GR which can return you 1 pack or more in value.

Tapu Lele is a great card, but how many times will you get it in pack opening?

I have opened over 30 GR packs.

I haven’t gotten a single Tapu Lele.

The cards I am getting are valued under 1 pack.

I’m really not getting any return.

Yet, Guardian Rising is valued at 1.

When you look at Forbidden Light pack, you have it valued at 0.75.

If you look at all the GX & Cards which come from FL, you have them all valued at 1 pack or more.

I only saw like 1-2 under 1 pack in value.

The pack as a whole has multiple cards returning the pack you opened.

For these reason, I think Forbidden Light should be valued higher than 0.75.

To me, I think it should be around 0.90 or even 1 pack even.

Edited by Player_Jay, 06 June 2018 - 07:58 PM.

It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

07 June 2018 - 09:28 AM

goodgoy

Rookie Trainer

• goodgoy

Guardians Rising is more than 1.0 now. 

It is not that UB and Leles are dropping, but that GRI is increasing. Please correct this.

08 June 2018 - 02:48 AM

Frankie-Ashley

Trainer

• Frankie-Ashley
Ok... well i dont really play anymore because of people taking a guide as a bible... and im bored of it lol.
But yes... its not bashing if someone ask for an opinion ill give it... and tbh it dont affect my wealth in the game.

But what bothers me is the fact that if everyone is selling lele at 23 and people offer 22 for a lele.... you seem to change your guide to 22... so then people start to lower it again and then you will lower its value and so on...
also if gri and lele are both used as say currency then why lower lele..

And tbh please do enlighten me as to why cards are lowered in price? For what valid reason/s?

08 June 2018 - 03:44 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

<snip>

But what bothers me is the fact that if everyone is selling lele at 23 and people offer 22 for a lele.... you seem to change your guide to 22... so then people start to lower it again and then you will lower its value and so on...

<snip>

And tbh please do enlighten me as to why cards are lowered in price? For what valid reason/s?

In his defense, Frankie-Ashley has brought up a couple important points about the value of cards constantly spiraling down.  He's not the only one who's noticed this, or brought their concerns to the forum.  There does seem to be a trend, and no one should get a free pass, even if they provide a useful resource.  We're all fallible.

Maybe these things shouldn't be dismissed summarily?

Is it the chicken or the egg?  Are prices going down, and the guide following suit?  Or is the guide looking at narrow factors (e.g. only people's offers), adjusting downward, which causes players to offer lower next time?

Seem like valid questions to me.  I don't see fault in him asking for this discussion.

Edited by RobRatt, 08 June 2018 - 03:52 AM.

08 June 2018 - 04:32 AM

abinhathbour456

Elite Trainer

• abinhathbour456

well if I can put my point of view and how I see this when he wants a card after a few days he will lower the card value as what will happen with the col energies since he wants them and after that I assume the value will spike but in the end thats just my point of view nothing else because there is a pattern and public trades are prove of what am talking about.

Member Of Top Cut And Director Of Trades.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2-ultra-prism-added/

owner of guru cave trading co. come check it out

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/45628-the-guru-cave-trading-co-gctc-back-in-business/page-1

08 June 2018 - 05:35 AM

Zendoku

Rookie Trainer

• Zendoku

Thank you for creating the website. As a new player who is interested in trading, it is really helpful to get an estimate ! :)

Hi all!

Last night I added Forbidden Light values along with changing up the Pack values as the ratios haven't been adjusted in awhile. (Everything older than FL still needs updated, which is happening Saturday)

It's been brought to my attention that not everyone agrees with my posted values on Pack Ratios, ( which is totally cool! :) ) so I would like to hear your input on them as well if possible.

Tell me which ones you believe I got right, which ones I got totally wrong, and so on. Include detailed information on why you think your suggested ratios may be more accurate.

This only helps bring more accuracy to the Card Value Guide.

Thanks in advance & happy gaming!

12 June 2018 - 01:12 AM

draczod

Rookie Trainer

• draczod

I like having a reference so thank you very much for that. Combining it with what you see from Public Offers is helpful to see if you're getting totally ripped off by a swindler who pulls an online version of the old movie mewtwo trick on some unsuspecting noob like myself.

Also, before the Forbidden Light values came out it was kind of a wild west. I certainly had no way of basing the value of Naganadel-GX other than comparing to the real cards values.

Personally, I would be most comfortable if they were tied more transparently in some way or fraction to the values of the actual cards. Of course that's only if everyone can agree with the values set by whatever authority or vendor that happens to be.

Thanks again for the time you put in!

Additionally, it would be helpful if the developers made trade data available.

Edited by draczod, 12 June 2018 - 01:16 AM.

12 June 2018 - 04:27 PM

Jigglypuffan

Expert Trainer

• Jigglypuffan

Additionally, it would be helpful if the developers made trade data available.

agree