The best standard decks at the moment

• Please log in to reply

30 May 2018 - 09:24 PM

movSi

Novice Trainer

• movSi

Hey guys, I haven't played in a few years and I am looking to play again. So, as the title says I am interested in the best standard decks at the moment. I can't find any decklists that are up to date and that's why I am looking for your help :)

Edited by movSi, 30 May 2018 - 09:24 PM.

30 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Hey guys, I haven't played in a few years and I am looking to play again. So, as the title says I am interested in the best standard decks at the moment. I can't find any decklists that are up to date and that's why I am looking for your help :)

Overall, in the last 3 months...

Buzzwole / Lycanroc
Zoroark / Golisopod
Zoroark / Lycanroc
Tapu Bulu / Vikavolt
Zoroark / Lucario

In the past 6 months, you'd probably add these to the list...

Buzzwole / Garbodor
Zoroark / Gardevoir
Greninja Break
Espeon / Garbodor

Net-decking is alive and well.  You can find deck lists from recent tournaments here...

Pokémon Main Site > Play Pokémon Events > Event Results

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/

In case you're curious, the current metagame in Expanded looks more like this...

Zoroark GX
Drampa / Garbodor
Trevenant
Buzzwole / Lycanroc
Greninja Break
Gardevoir GX
Wailord EX
Night March
Sableye / Garbodor

Edited by RobRatt, 30 May 2018 - 10:30 PM.

31 May 2018 - 09:11 AM

movSi

Novice Trainer

• movSi

Thank you so much, man. This is really helpful :)

One more thing. Do you know the best way to get cards, because I am struggling a lot  :lol:

Edited by movSi, 31 May 2018 - 09:30 AM.

31 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Thank you so much, man. This is really helpful :)

One more thing. Do you know the best way to get cards, because I am struggling a lot  :lol:

Trading! (Obviously)

I'll recommend you to start off by buying two Mach Strike decks in the shop, tweak it up a bit and it'll become a pretty Deadly Expanded deck. Win tournaments with it, then trade the boosters that you get for cards that you want. Google up OU7C4ST's guide for price reference, it's usually pretty accurate.

What kind of deck are you trying to set up? I'll see if I have spare equipment that I don't use.

Friendship is magic!

31 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

It have to say that Garbodor should still probably be in  the top five.  It had three top 8s in Tononto, two with zoro and one with Golisopod.  And with the powerful supereffectivity over most fighting decks, it's in a pretty good position to capitalize on the meta.

Aside from that, just don't forget the Volcs.  ;) They haven't had as many high finishes lately, but there have been some, and the Steam Engine never disappears completely.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

31 May 2018 - 07:46 PM

movSi

Novice Trainer

• movSi

What kind of deck are you trying to set up? I'll see if I have spare equipment that I don't use.

I am not sure which deck, at the moment I like Buzzwole/Lycanroc and Zoroark/Lycanroc. I am missing 3 Buzzwole GX, baby Buzzwole, a Lycanroc GX, Diancie prism star and some trainers if I want that one, which is a lot of cards.

On the other side if I want to make a Zoroark/Lycanroc deck, I am missing 3 Zoroark GX, a Lycanroc GX, Tapu Lele GX and some of trainers, too.

I have some packs, but they are older, like Roaring Skies, Fates Collide, Plasma Blast and some new ones like Crimson Invasion and some Forrbidden Light, so no one wants to trade with old packs which is a real pain in the ****.

So, it would be really helpful if you could help :)

It have to say that Garbodor should still probably be in the top five. It had three top 8s in Tononto, two with zoro and one with Golisopod. And with the powerful supereffectivity over most fighting decks, it's in a pretty good position to capitalize on the meta.

Aside from that, just don't forget the Volcs. ;) They haven't had as many high finishes lately, but there have been some, and the Steam Engine never disappears completely.

I would like to make all the meta decks like I had before and just have fun with it, but I am not even close to that at the moment :lol:

What do you mean by Volcs and Steam engine? I did not completly understood what you tried to say haha

Edited by movSi, 31 May 2018 - 07:47 PM.

31 May 2018 - 11:50 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

I am not sure which deck, at the moment I like Buzzwole/Lycanroc and Zoroark/Lycanroc. I am missing 3 Buzzwole GX, baby Buzzwole, a Lycanroc GX, Diancie prism star and some trainers if I want that one, which is a lot of cards.

On the other side if I want to make a Zoroark/Lycanroc deck, I am missing 3 Zoroark GX, a Lycanroc GX, Tapu Lele GX and some of trainers, too.

I have some packs, but they are older, like Roaring Skies, Fates Collide, Plasma Blast and some new ones like Crimson Invasion and some Forrbidden Light, so no one wants to trade with old packs which is a real pain in the ****.

So, it would be really helpful if you could help :)

I would like to make all the meta decks like I had before and just have fun with it, but I am not even close to that at the moment :lol:

What do you mean by Volcs and Steam engine? I did not completly understood what you tried to say haha

Volcanion / Volcanion-EX deck, both from Steam Siege. The Volcanion puts energy on the Volcanion-EXs while the EXs boost the damage by tossing energy into the discard for that purpose.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

01 June 2018 - 07:01 PM

Toklopo

Senior Trainer

• Toklopo

Right now: Malamar, Buzzwole, ZoroRoc. All three are mostly linear stage 1/basic decks and all three can use Parallel City without handicapping themselves. They also all basically counter each other.

Edited by Toklopo, 01 June 2018 - 07:02 PM.