[CARD] Wobbuffet Bide Barricade (XY-Phantom Forces 36/119) breaking Malmar (Sun/Moon - Forbidden Light 51/131) Psychic Recharge

Cards General Versus Mode Tournaments Other

• Please log in to reply

30 May 2018 - 04:37 AM

judoking89

Rookie Trainer

• judoking89

To Whom it may concern,

I came across a game breaking bug in the game during one of my streams on May 29th, 2018 at approx. 9:15pm Pacific Time zone. This is in regards to having Wobbuffett (XY-Phantom Forces 36/119) in play as your active pokemon and Malamar (Sun/Moon - Forbidden Light 51/131) on your bench.

Wobbuffet's Ability reads as follows: "As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, each Pokémon in play, in each player's hand, and in each player's discard pile has no Abilities (except for Psychic Pokemon)". 

As it reads, every pokemon in play, hand, or discard pile have no abilities except for psychic pokemon.

Malamar is a psychic pokemon. which by the card rules, means you should be able to use malamar's abiilty: "Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a Psychic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokémon."

I activated Malamar's Ability, was able to select a Psychic energy and then went to apply it to a Mimikyu on the bench. But when i clicked on Mimikyu to apply the energy, the game blocked the energy attachment and wasted my Malamar's ability. i tried one more time with another Malamar on my bench and the ability fizzled out when trying to attach the energy.

Please look into this as many player's are using Malamar right now. By my judgement and by the rules of both cards, the energy should have been attached. If Wobbuffet did not allow Malamar's ability, I shouldn't have been able to activate it. 

Thank you for your time,

D. Lyne

01 June 2018 - 10:09 AM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan
Hello judoking89,

Thanks for raising it! This was reported.

Moderator Rowan
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cards, General, Versus Mode, Tournaments, Other