- - - - -

Pokemon Let's Go

• Please log in to reply

30 May 2018 - 02:37 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, confirmed that Pokémon Let's Go is coming to the Switch, which is connected to Pokémon Go, and like the mainline games, comes with two versions, Pikachu and Eevee, which are the starter pokemon you have to start off with.  Also stated, that there is still a mainline, core RPG coming out in 2019.  These two games aren't the ones GameFreak has been teasing the public with, more like an extension, using these two as a way to bring in new audiences, young and old, into the series.

The graphics look like something from Pokémon Go, and while not much else has been given, except the game, like Pokémon Go, has it's own little external device like the Pokémon Go Plus, a Pokeball Plus.  The release date is for November 16 of this year, and there is already a website for it, check it out.

30 May 2018 - 03:29 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

https://pokemonletsgo.pokemon.com

Edited by RobRatt, 30 May 2018 - 03:30 AM.

30 May 2018 - 11:28 AM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Thank you very much for the great news, GrewupGeek! Will be impatiently waiting for the 16th of November now!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

30 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

There were some really exciting things about this that were announced

I'm really excited for the two player aspect! Plus, the Poké Ball Plus is one of the coolest things - you use it to capture in-game, can use it in Pokémon GO, and apparently if you carry it around with you, "you’ll be rewarded in various ways when you return them to your game."

Which version will everyone choose? Pikachu or Eevee?

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

31 May 2018 - 03:17 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Tough choice, although if it's like Pokémon Yellow any, then chances are, the Pikachu you get doesn't evolve.  With Eevee, would be a really tough choice of what you would like it to evolve into, since there are about 8 choices.  One thing curious on, is how they would approach the Alolan Pokémon, and how you get them, along with the ones that evolves into one.

31 May 2018 - 09:04 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Hey everyone, confirmed that Pokémon Let's Go is coming to the Switch, which is connected to Pokémon Go, and like the mainline games, comes with two versions, Pikachu and Eevee, which are the starter pokemon you have to start off with.  Also stated, that there is still a mainline, core RPG coming out in 2019.  These two games aren't the ones GameFreak has been teasing the public with, more like an extension, using these two as a way to bring in new audiences, young and old, into the series.

The graphics look like something from Pokémon Go, and while not much else has been given, except the game, like Pokémon Go, has it's own little external device like the Pokémon Go Plus, a Pokeball Plus.  The release date is for November 16 of this year, and there is already a website for it, check it out.

Hey there, GrewupGeek!

Thanks for the announcement. I think the Pokeball is pretty cool. I am looking forward to November!

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

02 June 2018 - 03:04 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I find the official description of the Pokeball hilarious.   "Hey, hey!  Want to hear something totally radical?  The device 'lights up in a variety of colors!'  And guess what?  It 'plays sounds,' too!  I can't believe they're being this specific- the info drops are usually sooo vague.

:P 

Edited by SuperStone, 02 June 2018 - 03:05 AM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

02 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Tough choice, although if it's like Pokémon Yellow any, then chances are, the Pikachu you get doesn't evolve.  With Eevee, would be a really tough choice of what you would like it to evolve into, since there are about 8 choices.  One thing curious on, is how they would approach the Alolan Pokémon, and how you get them, along with the ones that evolves into one.

Maybe once additional details are released, it'll be an easier decision. I think I will probably be waiting at least a few weeks before picking up the game. I'm certain there will be those who pick up both versions!

I know that right now you can get Alolan Exeggutor in Pokémon GO, and you will be able to transfer Pokémon from GO to Let's Go. Maybe that's how it will be done?

Moderator Jynthu

12 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

godson00869

Rookie Trainer

• godson00869
This is not one of the main games, but a new game for a new target. The main games will be released in 2019.
But the concept is no less interesting and revives interest in Pokémon Go.

Edited by godson00869, 12 June 2018 - 05:09 PM.

13 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello godson00869,

That is a good point. We can also expect a main game next year! So many reasons to be excited!

In the future, please note that sharing links to websites other than official Pokémon sites is not permitted. 

Moderator Jynthu

04 July 2018 - 12:00 AM

fireball6107

Rookie Trainer

• fireball6107

There were some really exciting things about this that were announced! 

I'm really excited for the two player aspect! Plus, the Poké Ball Plus is one of the coolest things - you use it to capture in-game, can use it in Pokémon GO, and apparently if you carry it around with you, "you’ll be rewarded in various ways when you return them to your game."

I'm gonna choose Eevee. It's probably not going to be capable of evolving, like the Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow, which, if anything, is a good thing for me.

fireball6107  :ph34r: 

07 July 2018 - 02:31 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

I'm gonna choose Eevee. It's probably not going to be capable of evolving, like the Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow, which, if anything, is a good thing for me.

I'm holding off on my decision, but I think I am leaning toward Eevee.

I know that it's very tempting to get the Poké Ball Plus to get Mew! (News story https://www.pokemon....oke-ball-plus/)

Moderator Jynthu