Other ways to obtain event tickets?

• Please log in to reply

29 May 2018 - 03:23 AM

ArkyBoY

Rookie Trainer

• ArkyBoY

I played for 12+ hours straight to get enough tickets to enter an event (4 tickets for theme event). I lost to the first challenger through extreme bad luck, which is frustrating to say the least. I feel burnt out from all the grinding.

Is there another way to get event tickets without paying excess prices? Has it always been this way? This is supposed to be a card game, not a grind fest. :)

P.S I'm a new player.

EDIT: It took me longer than 12+ hours to get 4 tickets. It took 12+ to get the 4th ticket I needed to enter an event.

Edited by ArkyBoY, 29 May 2018 - 03:27 AM.

29 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter
  • You'll get a ticket every fifth day if you log in daily. You don't need to play for this, just log in (it counts actual logins, not being logged in, so if you're playing when the day ticks over, log out and in again).
  • There are 17 tickets on the Versus Ladder. Winning matches gets you these faster, but you may not reach the last 10 without a daily grind as a new player, so call that 7 every 3 weeks without too much work.
  • Tickets may be awarded randomly as prizes when you win Versus matches. Usually it's just tokens, but tickets and boosters are there too.

Don't stress too much trying to get them quickly; they'll come to you.

Since the main purpose of the tournament is to win tradable booster packs, I'll add that doing the daily challenges will advance your level, and at level 16+, the KO challenges give you tradable boosters rather than the tradelocked ones you get at lower levels.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

29 May 2018 - 03:28 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

12 hours is a long time to be trying for a ticket!! Where were you playing? In the daily Versus? Getting the eleven daily wins will give a minimum of 3 tickets; sometimes more... I got 10 in a Mystery Box one time! After the eleven wins, you don't get anymore until the next day reset. But, that still means you can play at least one Event every other day.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       As a new player myself, I have also been playing in the Theme Events. It's just the way it goes there; Theme Decks are pretty much a coin flip: if you don't get a decent starting draw of cards, then you'll probably lose. Any deck can probably beat any other deck, with a lucky start, but usually there are the same 4 or 5 decks in use there. I use the Mach Strike deck, which is usually quite fast. Sometimes it loses badly though, and that's just the way it goes. No way to guarantee a win with any deck. Still, I do kinda hate playing with Theme Decks, and after losing first round again today, I will perhaps move into Expanded Events section now, even though the entry fee is twice as much. I've no idea if my Decks will survive there, but there is only way to find out xD It's gotten to the point that I'm prepared to lose all my tickets there twice a week, rather than play any more Mach Strike!! lol

Edited by ZotiMoon, 29 May 2018 - 03:29 PM.

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

29 May 2018 - 03:32 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

• You'll get a ticket every fifth day if you log in daily. You don't need to play for this, just log in (it counts actual logins, not being logged in, so if you're playing when the day ticks over, log out and in again).
  • There are 17 tickets on the Versus Ladder. Winning matches gets you these faster, but you may not reach the last 10 without a daily grind as a new player, so call that 7 every 3 weeks without too much work.
  • Tickets may be awarded randomly as prizes when you win Versus matches. Usually it's just tokens, but tickets and boosters are there too.

Since the main purpose of the tournament is to win tradable booster packs, I'll add that doing the daily challenges will advance your level, and at level 16+, the KO challenges give you tradable boosters rather than the tradelocked ones you get at lower levels.

I'm at Level 9.... looking forward to reaching Level 16 now xD 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

29 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Huh, I didn't know about boosters being tradable at lvl16... Looks like I just found a reason to do the daily quests! (I'm still at lvl1, didn't budge.)

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 29 May 2018 - 04:54 PM.

Friendship is magic!

29 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Huh, I didn't know about boosters being tradable at lvl16... Looks like I just found a reason to do the daily quests! (I'm still at lvl1, didn't budge.)

Not all boosters in the game are tradable at Level 16. ...just the Knockout Challenge, which is hardest of the 3 types of Daily Challenges. You get a random booster.

29 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Wow! I'm kinda shocked by that, Princess Aurora lol xD                                                                     Can I ask, what did you do instead? I've been doing the Daily Challenges each day, 11 wins, for about a month, and I've gotten to Level 9. Takes a long time lol... but the rewards are worthwhile, I think.  

Edited by ZotiMoon, 29 May 2018 - 07:09 PM.

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

30 May 2018 - 12:19 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Wow! I'm kinda shocked by that, Princess Aurora lol xD                                                                     Can I ask, what did you do instead? I've been doing the Daily Challenges each day, 11 wins, for about a month, and I've gotten to Level 9. Takes a long time lol... but the rewards are worthwhile, I think.

I just kept myself busy with Versus and tourneys, I never thought that Daily Challenges would be useful. Plus, I didn’t play water theme decks (I don’t play theme at all), so I didn’t bother to do the first quest.

Now that I think of it, I have an unused avatar item that I found while opening up Pika boxes. Can you send me a friend request in-game?

Friendship is magic!

30 May 2018 - 02:15 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

I just kept myself busy with Versus and tourneys, I never thought that Daily Challenges would be useful. Plus, I didn’t play water theme decks (I don’t play theme at all), so I didn’t bother to do the first quest.

There's also 60 tokens for putting 10 of a certain type of evo cards in play. This can be easily done in one or two (losing) matches.

30 May 2018 - 08:40 AM

ArkyBoY

Rookie Trainer

• ArkyBoY

Thank you all for all of the replies. I will start working on my levels and doing the daily grind to get some tokens. Came close to an event win last night. :)

@BowserLuigi Is that a daily event or something? 60 tokens is a lot!

30 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Thank you all for all of the replies. I will start working on my levels and doing the daily grind to get some tokens. Came close to an event win last night. :)

@BowserLuigi Is that a daily event or something? 60 tokens is a lot!

The prizes for Daily Challenges at level 16+:

• Knock Out 16 Pokemon using (type): 1 tradable booster
  • Play 10 (type) Evolutions: 60 tokens
  • Do 1000 damage using (type): 35 tokens

The damage has to be direct, not placing tokens or poison/burn. The same goes for knockouts. The evolutions have to be played onto existing cards on the field; Cards that allow evolved Pokemon to be placed without previous stages won't count.

You won't have all the choices every day, of course, but at the upper levels you get to choose one of three challenges each day, and you'll have three slots to carry over challenges you don't complete in one day.

I'm about to choose Lightning Evo for today's challenge. I can do it one or two losing games, or use a deck that only has three evolutions in it but might win.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

30 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

ArkyBoY

Rookie Trainer

• ArkyBoY

The prizes for Daily Challenges at level 16+:

• Knock Out 16 Pokemon using (type): 1 tradable booster
  • Play 10 (type) Evolutions: 60 tokens
  • Do 1000 damage using (type): 35 tokens

The damage has to be direct, not placing tokens or poison/burn. The same goes for knockouts. The evolutions have to be played onto existing cards on the field; Cards that allow evolved Pokemon to be placed without previous stages won't count.

You won't have all the choices every day, of course, but at the upper levels you get to choose one of three challenges each day, and you'll have three slots to carry over challenges you don't complete in one day.

I'm about to choose Lightning Evo for today's challenge. I can do it one or two losing games, or use a deck that only has three evolutions in it but might win.

That's awesome, even more reason to get some levels. Thank you for the reply.

30 May 2018 - 05:57 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi Trainers,

Thank you for the helpful replies!

ArkyBoY, hello and welcome!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

30 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
^ Iirc knockout challenges can be completed with Silent Fear, Feather Arrow, GWS etc as long as the user's typing corresponds to the challenge. But not poison or burn as they are not attributed to any type. I assume Miraculous Shine is a no.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 30 May 2018 - 05:59 PM.

30 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Now that I think of it, I have an unused avatar item that I found while opening up Pika boxes. Can you send me a friend request in-game?

Of course :D Yes, they do force you to play with other decks, which can be a bit annoying. i think after that first water deck quest, you start getting the versus rewards. 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu