Tapu Lele gx

• Please log in to reply

28 May 2018 - 11:02 PM

gizmoverga

Rookie Trainer

• gizmoverga
What's with all the love for this card? I don't own one, but seem to see it quite often and it also seems it is one of the most desired. What are the exact uses for this card, I seem to always see it sitting on a bench useless or when it is active it's not hard to knock out.

28 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Wonder Tag:  When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may search your deck for a Supporter card.

Isn't it obvious how useful this Ability can be?  Yes, it can be a liability, but if you're set up by turn 2 or 3 because of it, it's totally worth the Bench space.

Edited by RobRatt, 28 May 2018 - 11:16 PM.

28 May 2018 - 11:34 PM

SharKing319

Expert Trainer

• SharKing319

Let me illustrate the usefulness of Wonder Tag with a common example in the Standard format right now: Brigette.

A lot of decks run Brigette to get a lot of Basic Pokémon in play on turn 1 so that it's easier to set up their strategy in the following few turns. Most decks I see (that aren't Buzzwole) run two Brigette, but it's pretty unlikely that you'll find one of two Brigette in your opening hand. Add in two Tapu Lele-GX (which is also common in Standard decks), and that's basically four ways to find T1 Brigette. And then you consider the fact that Lele is searchable through Ultra Ball (which decks often run four of), and that's eight ways to find a T1 Brigette.

Now do you see how powerful Wonder Tag is? And that's just one example among many.

29 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Let me illustrate the usefulness of Wonder Tag with a common example in the Standard format right now: Brigette.

A lot of decks run Brigette to get a lot of Basic Pokémon in play on turn 1 so that it's easier to set up their strategy in the following few turns. Most decks I see (that aren't Buzzwole) run two Brigette, but it's pretty unlikely that you'll find one of two Brigette in your opening hand. Add in two Tapu Lele-GX (which is also common in Standard decks), and that's basically four ways to find T1 Brigette. And then you consider the fact that Lele is searchable through Ultra Ball (which decks often run four of), and that's eight ways to find a T1 Brigette.

Now do you see how powerful Wonder Tag is? And that's just one example among many.

With the latest set, there's a new, less expensive method than Ultra Ball for some decks. Mysterious Treasure will search for a Psychic or Dragon type, and only cost 1 discard rather than UB's 2. If you're running those types, you can replace all your UBs with MTs. If not, you might consider swapping in 1 or 2.

Having a way to get rid of Lele is useful, too. Acerola can do that, and even let you reuse it, or there are certain Pokemon that can help clear them away. Even a Parallel City could do it, though you might want to have a way to remove THAT afterward, too.

Edited by SandaledOtter, 29 May 2018 - 10:19 AM.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!