Gardevoir GX

• Please log in to reply

26 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

I've been trying to get the Fairy-type Gardevoir GX for a few days now.

I public posted the trade, but no luck yet. I mentioned I was looking for it, to trade for packs, in the lobby etc... afterwards there were about 4 available in the public posts... asking for either 7 or 8 packs. I doubt many cards are worth that much? I see GXs usually around 1 -3 packs. I don't think Gardevoir GX is super-rare or super sought after, right? Maybe I'm wrong?

If anyone has a Gardevoir GX to trade for a reasonable amount of packs, that would be nice. Thanks xD 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

26 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

I haven't been playing for a while but I do know that Gardevoir GX is one of the more expensive ones, not because it is rarer to pull than others, but because of its usefulness and thus, its higher demand. Yes. It's rather sought after compared to your run-of-the-mill GXes like Kommo or Wishiwashi.

Try asking one for 6 packs. I think that's the minimal one would be willing to offer. Also, make your own trades. The good trades all get snapped off quickly, leaving non-desirable trades up and thus making it harder to find a good deal.

27 May 2018 - 09:17 AM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Thank you for your response!

yes, what you say makes sense... But!! last night I managed to trade 4 packs for Gardevoir GX, so I'm happy with that :D 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

28 May 2018 - 05:20 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Thank you for your response!

yes, what you say makes sense... But!! last night I managed to trade 4 packs for Gardevoir GX, so I'm happy with that :D

Nice! Try offering Guardians Rising packs, most traders are looking after these. I have a few Wonder Energies that I don't use anymore (I traded packs for foil ones), so perhaps that you can make good use of them?

Friendship is magic!

28 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Nice! Try offering Guardians Rising packs, most traders are looking after these. I have a few Wonder Energies that I don't use anymore (I traded packs for foil ones), so perhaps that you can make good use of them?

Yes, most people did seem to be after the GR packs. Y'know, I just felt 8 packs was too much. I mean, it is a Stage 2 GX after all, and I think the price needs to reflect that. 4 or 5 seems fair... and still puts it in the bracket of 'expensive' cards. 

Still, it's an awesome card for Fairy decks, and I'm very glad to have it now! I only wanted one of 'em though... I don't use many evolution chains. I love the Bright Heal Gardevoir, for example, such a beautiful image, but I can't find space for it in my deck. Perhaps I might need just a Gardevoir deck for it... 

That's very sweet of you!! Thank you so much for offering. <3 

I traded a pack for 4 Wonder energies recently, so I can't use anymore. I Do want to upgrade to shiny Wonder energies though xD xD I'd be willing to trade packs for them.

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

29 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Yes, most people did seem to be after the GR packs. Y'know, I just felt 8 packs was too much. I mean, it is a Stage 2 GX after all, and I think the price needs to reflect that. 4 or 5 seems fair... and still puts it in the bracket of 'expensive' cards. 

Still, it's an awesome card for Fairy decks, and I'm very glad to have it now! I only wanted one of 'em though... I don't use many evolution chains. I love the Bright Heal Gardevoir, for example, such a beautiful image, but I can't find space for it in my deck. Perhaps I might need just a Gardevoir deck for it... 

That's very sweet of you!! Thank you so much for offering. <3 

I traded a pack for 4 Wonder energies recently, so I can't use anymore. I Do want to upgrade to shiny Wonder energies though xD xD I'd be willing to trade packs for them.

You use Bright Heal Gardie? Eeeyyy, I use her too! You might want to maximize her healing by using a Reunicleus with the Damage Swap ability, it allows you to spread damage around and heal up 20HP for each Pokemon. With a full bench, that'll be a recovery rate of 120HP per turn!

Here's a deck list that I built, some of the cards are just there for fun, so disregard anything that you don't find useful.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Eevee FFI 80
* 1 Eevee SUM 101
* 1 Comfey GRI 93
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 1 Kirlia BUS 92
* 1 Sylveon FLI 87
* 2 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 1 Gardevoir AOR 54
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 159
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 1 Solosis FCO 33
* 1 Reuniclus DRX 126

##Trainer Cards - 27

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a
* 1 Diantha FLI 130
* 2 Tropical Beach PR-BLW BW28
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 113
* 1 Skyla BCR 149
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 4 Rare Candy GRI 165
* 1 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 1 Teammates PRC 160
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 1 N NVI 101
* 2 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Fairy Garden XY 117
* 1 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104

##Energy - 14

* 3 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69
* 8 Fairy Energy 9
* 3 Wonder Energy PRC 144

Total Cards - 60

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 29 May 2018 - 05:09 PM.

Friendship is magic!

29 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

You use Bright Heal Gardie? Eeeyyy, I use her too! You might want to maximize her healing by using a Reunicleus with the Damage Swap ability, it allows you to spread damage around and heal up 20HP for each Pokemon. With a full bench, that'll be a recovery rate of 120HP per turn!

Here's a deck list that I built, some of the cards are just there for fun, so disregard anything that you don't find useful.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Eevee FFI 80
* 1 Eevee SUM 101
* 1 Comfey GRI 93
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 1 Kirlia BUS 92
* 1 Sylveon FLI 87
* 2 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 1 Gardevoir AOR 54
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 159
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 1 Solosis FCO 33
* 1 Reuniclus DRX 126

##Trainer Cards - 27

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a
* 1 Diantha FLI 130
* 2 Tropical Beach PR-BLW BW28
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 113
* 1 Skyla BCR 149
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 4 Rare Candy GRI 165
* 1 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 1 Teammates PRC 160
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 1 N NVI 101
* 2 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Fairy Garden XY 117
* 1 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Lysandre FLF 104

##Energy - 14

* 3 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69
* 8 Fairy Energy 9
* 3 Wonder Energy PRC 144

Total Cards - 60

Yes, Fairys are my fav type <3 They aren't so frequent though, so building decks with them is a bit more difficult. But, I prefer to build around my fav Pokemon, or cards, rather than the currently strongest available. Having a good Pikachu deck, for example, has never been easy.                       

Oh, Reuniclus! That's a really neat idea, thank you! Yes, I was using the Bright Heal, until I got the GX card. I'd like to use it, coz I do really love the card! On its own... it was difficult to justify a Stage 2 Evolution, just for the 20hp heal.... But! with Reuniclus.... yes, it becomes viable. Thanks :D                                                                                                                                                       

Yes, it's Interesting to see that deck. So, you actually use 3 Gardevoir GX! I read your Omni-Gardevoir post... Mr Mime was, of course, a better option than my suggestion of Mountain Ring Stadium. How is he working out? Although I think it's weird his being so tall in the anime lol I have liked a couple of his cards over the years. I'm glad he is Fairy energy now. Who knew he worked as a window cleaner though? lol       

I don't know the 'Karen' trainer... I'll check it out. I see you are relying on Rare Candy, rather than Kirlia. Not something I usually do... but perhaps a couple in a deck would allow me to use more evolutions. 

Ah, but Reuniclus is also a Stage 2 evolution... and a Psychic Pokemon. I love the ability, but I couldn't fit another evolution in my Fairy Deck... plus I don't wanna use Psychic Types. I'm sure I've seen other Pokemon with that ability though...

Edited by ZotiMoon, 29 May 2018 - 08:40 PM.

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

30 May 2018 - 12:11 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Yes, Fairys are my fav type <3 They aren't so frequent though, so building decks with them is a bit more difficult. But, I prefer to build around my fav Pokemon, or cards, rather than the currently strongest available. Having a good Pikachu deck, for example, has never been easy.

Oh, Reuniclus! That's a really neat idea, thank you! Yes, I was using the Bright Heal, until I got the GX card. I'd like to use it, coz I do really love the card! On its own... it was difficult to justify a Stage 2 Evolution, just for the 20hp heal.... But! with Reuniclus.... yes, it becomes viable. Thanks :D

Yes, it's Interesting to see that deck. So, you actually use 3 Gardevoir GX! I read your Omni-Gardevoir post... Mr Mime was, of course, a better option than my suggestion of Mountain Ring Stadium. How is he working out? Although I think it's weird his being so tall in the anime lol I have liked a couple of his cards over the years. I'm glad he is Fairy energy now. Who knew he worked as a window cleaner though? lol

I don't know the 'Karen' trainer... I'll check it out. I see you are relying on Rare Candy, rather than Kirlia. Not something I usually do... but perhaps a couple in a deck would allow me to use more evolutions.

Ah, but Reuniclus is also a Stage 2 evolution... and a Psychic Pokemon. I love the ability, but I couldn't fit another evolution in my Fairy Deck... plus I don't wanna use Psychic Types. I'm sure I've seen other Pokemon with that ability though...

I love fairies too! Best type ever. Also prettiest type, pink is fabulous! You won’t regret building your deck around Pokemons that you like, it only gets more fun for you to play with it. Although that sometimes, doing that can be rather expensive.

I tried the Mr.Mime (is there a Ms.Mime?) and the Mountain Ring, and they worked bot worked pretty well! I employ Karen for clearing up Night March decks (absolute ******), I usually just keep player her and VS Seekers to minimize their attack. It can also be moderately effective at stalling against mill decks. I have two regular art Karens, I won’t mind you having one or both of them.

There is another Pokemon with Damage Swap ability, it’s one of the older Alakazams. It can do the trick as well, the important part is that you spread the damage. Damage control is a pretty handy perk, it can allow anything from keeping your active alive to using Acerola at her maximum potential.

If you prefer something made more specifically for Fairies, you can try out Fairy Transfer ability Aromatisse, she works pretty well with Max Potion. She dosn’t allow as much heal flexibility as Bright Heal+Damage Swap, though.

Friendship is magic!

30 May 2018 - 11:42 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

I love fairies too! Best type ever. Also prettiest type, pink is fabulous! You won’t regret building your deck around Pokemons that you like, it only gets more fun for you to play with it. Although that sometimes, doing that can be rather expensive.

I tried the Mr.Mime (is there a Ms.Mime?) and the Mountain Ring, and they worked bot worked pretty well! I employ Karen for clearing up Night March decks (absolute ******), I usually just keep player her and VS Seekers to minimize their attack. It can also be moderately effective at stalling against mill decks. I have two regular art Karens, I won’t mind you having one or both of them.

There is another Pokemon with Damage Swap ability, it’s one of the older Alakazams. It can do the trick as well, the important part is that you spread the damage. Damage control is a pretty handy perk, it can allow anything from keeping your active alive to using Acerola at her maximum potential.

If you prefer something made more specifically for Fairies, you can try out Fairy Transfer ability Aromatisse, she works pretty well with Max Potion. She dosn’t allow as much heal flexibility as Bright Heal+Damage Swap, though.

Yes, the pink color is nice! I agree, it's more fun if you love your Pokemon xD Yes... there Is a Ms Mime (or Mrs? not certain)... I think she first appeared in the early Team Rocket set. No idea if she has any recent cards. The only drawback with Mr Mime is that he can't prevent Ability attacks... I think? 

I love the Acerola card! Very useful. 

Having seen that deck in action now, briefly, wow! That combo of BH Garde, Reuniclus, and Sylvean was devastating! Imaginatively constructed. Great job!! 

I think I will try a Reuniclus and BH Garde deck for when I do the expanded Events... Thanks for sharing; think I'll have fair chances with a deck similar to this one. I'll tweak it a bit, of course. In fact I might even make it a Psychic deck. I seem to have a lot of Mewtwo cards... I don't like to mix energy types, so I dunno about Psychic/Fairy, but I will include BH Gardevoir. I'll let you know how it turns out xD 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

31 May 2018 - 12:40 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Yes, the pink color is nice! I agree, it's more fun if you love your Pokemon xD Yes... there Is a Ms Mime (or Mrs? not certain)... I think she first appeared in the early Team Rocket set. No idea if she has any recent cards. The only drawback with Mr Mime is that he can't prevent Ability attacks... I think? 

I love the Acerola card! Very useful. 

Having seen that deck in action now, briefly, wow! That combo of BH Garde, Reuniclus, and Sylvean was devastating! Imaginatively constructed. Great job!! 

I think I will try a Reuniclus and BH Garde deck for when I do the expanded Events... Thanks for sharing; think I'll have fair chances with a deck similar to this one. I'll tweak it a bit, of course. In fact I might even make it a Psychic deck. I seem to have a lot of Mewtwo cards... I don't like to mix energy types, so I dunno about Psychic/Fairy, but I will include BH Gardevoir. I'll let you know how it turns out xD 

If you want to integrate psychics in your deck, then you might want to take a look at the Gardie card with an ability called ­Psychic Mirage. With that online, you won't even need Double Colorless anymore! Infinite Force and Full Burst's firepower will go right through the roof. XD

Friendship is magic!

31 May 2018 - 07:28 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

If you want to integrate psychics in your deck, then you might want to take a look at the Gardie card with an ability called ­Psychic Mirage. With that online, you won't even need Double Colorless anymore! Infinite Force and Full Burst's firepower will go right through the roof. XD

Because I've been working on the Daily Challenges, it's been necessary to have decks of all types, in order to complete each challenge. I wasn't that thrilled at first, but it is nice to use Pokemon which I never would have otherwise. 

I may try a focused Gardevoir Fairy Deck at some point, but I also want to keep using Xerneas. Oh, it's so difficult to let go sometimes! So many choices xD xD 

For when I try the Expanded Events, I will need a strong deck, and I was thinking I may go for Psychic, but include BH Gardevoir... with Reuniclus... inspired by your Omni-Gardevoir Deck. I would have preferred Alakazam, since he has a bit more hp, but that card isn't available in game atm. Reuniclus looks like a jelly-Pokemon?? D: Perhaps I'll grow to love him? lol

Gosh, yes!! That double-energy ability is Insane!!! Thanks for the tip <3 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

03 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Because I've been working on the Daily Challenges, it's been necessary to have decks of all types, in order to complete each challenge. I wasn't that thrilled at first, but it is nice to use Pokemon which I never would have otherwise. 
I may try a focused Gardevoir Fairy Deck at some point, but I also want to keep using Xerneas. Oh, it's so difficult to let go sometimes! So many choices xD xD 
For when I try the Expanded Events, I will need a strong deck, and I was thinking I may go for Psychic, but include BH Gardevoir... with Reuniclus... inspired by your Omni-Gardevoir Deck. I would have preferred Alakazam, since he has a bit more hp, but that card isn't available in game atm. Reuniclus looks like a jelly-Pokemon?? D: Perhaps I'll grow to love him? lol
Gosh, yes!! That double-energy ability is Insane!!! Thanks for the tip <3

Sometimes I wish that I get more fairy challenges, but oh well. I’ll mount up a Shining Genesect deck that uses the grass version of the double energy ability, it can hit pretty hard but only gives 1 prize. I just accepted your trade offer, shiny Gardevoir looks sooo cute! The blue variation is just so pretty... I only used one of the two I had, so you were more than welcome to make the other one active.

You probably would want to switch your DCEs for psychic base energies, Ultra Balls or Rare Candies, the important part would be deploying PM Gardie asap. You’ll probably also need a Gladion supporter card, he can be useful when your staples get prized.

Friendship is magic!

03 June 2018 - 06:18 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Sometimes I wish that I get more fairy challenges, but oh well. I’ll mount up a Shining Genesect deck that uses the grass version of the double energy ability, it can hit pretty hard but only gives 1 prize. I just accepted your trade offer, shiny Gardevoir looks sooo cute! The blue variation is just so pretty... I only used one of the two I had, so you were more than welcome to make the other one active.

You probably would want to switch your DCEs for psychic base energies, Ultra Balls or Rare Candies, the important part would be deploying PM Gardie asap. You’ll probably also need a Gladion supporter card, he can be useful when your staples get prized.

Well, you're welcome to send a challenge to me if you want to use your Fairy deck! I'd probably try a couple of different decks out against it. It's going to be quite difficult to beat!

I think how you have set it up with the Pokemon is probably optimal. With several evolution chains Sylveon seems essential, to get the cards you need. Bench space is then limited, so I'm not sure it could work with any alternatives. I mean, once you have Sylveon, Gardevoir x 2, Reuniclus... there isn't a lot of room for much else. I don't think I could come up with an equally good alternative Fairy based version, anyway. 

I tried Reuniclus with Mewtwo, and it worked pretty well. I was using a Hoopa and a Jirachi too, for fun and coz I like the cards, but if you get them early their card drawing attacks are useful; hardly on Sylveon level, of course. The deck was a bit torturous for opponents, I think lol. 

Yes, thank you! It is a gorgeous card! And, very powerful! Mewtwo seems an excellent choice to partner it... although it's early days in my testing... only tried one short battle so far xD  Mewtwo has some really nice cards too. 

Yes, not much need for DCEs in that deck. I put a couple of RC in. I've been using Computer Search rather than Ultra Ball. I'm not generally a fan of discarding cards though, although sometimes it is a great move. Hmm, yes, Gladion isn't a bad suggestion. ;D 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

04 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Well, you're welcome to send a challenge to me if you want to use your Fairy deck! I'd probably try a couple of different decks out against it. It's going to be quite difficult to beat!
I think how you have set it up with the Pokemon is probably optimal. With several evolution chains Sylveon seems essential, to get the cards you need. Bench space is then limited, so I'm not sure it could work with any alternatives. I mean, once you have Sylveon, Gardevoir x 2, Reuniclus... there isn't a lot of room for much else. I don't think I could come up with an equally good alternative Fairy based version, anyway. 
I tried Reuniclus with Mewtwo, and it worked pretty well. I was using a Hoopa and a Jirachi too, for fun and coz I like the cards, but if you get them early their card drawing attacks are useful; hardly on Sylveon level, of course. The deck was a bit torturous for opponents, I think lol. 
Yes, thank you! It is a gorgeous card! And, very powerful! Mewtwo seems an excellent choice to partner it... although it's early days in my testing... only tried one short battle so far xD  Mewtwo has some really nice cards too. 
Yes, not much need for DCEs in that deck. I put a couple of RC in. I've been using Computer Search rather than Ultra Ball. I'm not generally a fan of discarding cards though, although sometimes it is a great move. Hmm, yes, Gladion isn't a bad suggestion. ;D

A rematch sounds fun! My deck isn’t actually that strong, all it takes is a Lysandre or Guzma to take out my Reunicleus and the whole thing goes bananas. Of course, I usually try to set up before it happens. ;)
Mewtwo and Lunala-Prism are pretty great combos with PM Gardie, their firepower goes right through the roof! I already have two locked Lunala-Prisms, so I won’t mind giving you my tradable version for a Fairy energy. She’s pretty great at attacking as soon as Gardie goes into play, her firepower will be insane!
I’ll accept the trades that you sent me, the Victini has an extremely interesting ability.

Friendship is magic!

04 June 2018 - 08:53 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

A rematch sounds fun! My deck isn’t actually that strong, all it takes is a Lysandre or Guzma to take out my Reunicleus and the whole thing goes bananas. Of course, I usually try to set up before it happens. ;)
Mewtwo and Lunala-Prism are pretty great combos with PM Gardie, their firepower goes right through the roof! I already have two locked Lunala-Prisms, so I won’t mind giving you my tradable version for a Fairy energy. She’s pretty great at attacking as soon as Gardie goes into play, her firepower will be insane!
I’ll accept the trades that you sent me, the Victini has an extremely interesting ability.

Thank you! Yes, it was such a pretty version of the card too! Hadn't seen that one before. I do have it in my Fire deck, so it's a much nicer replacement. xD I'm not sure of the value, can't always be certain what card it is on Ou7c4st... it would be great if they could show the card images... but you can just adjust the trade to what you think is fair. And, I didn't have that Pikachu either :D :D 

I do like Lunala, I have considered that card, but I'm not sure if the deck really needs it. I like the yellow GX one too! 

Yes, a rematch would be fun! Well, even so, you'd still have Garde Gx, which is a very strong card anyway. Yes, I should've taken out Reuniclus first of all... I wasted a shot on Gardevoir really. But then, Sylveon drawing 3 cards is so problematic too!

Thanks for the trades :) 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

04 June 2018 - 09:30 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Thank you! Yes, it was such a pretty version of the card too! Hadn't seen that one before. I do have it in my Fire deck, so it's a much nicer replacement. xD I'm not sure of the value, can't always be certain what card it is on Ou7c4st... it would be great if they could show the card images... but you can just adjust the trade to what you think is fair. And, I didn't have that Pikachu either :D :D 
I do like Lunala, I have considered that card, but I'm not sure if the deck really needs it. I like the yellow GX one too! 
Yes, a rematch would be fun! Well, even so, you'd still have Garde Gx, which is a very strong card anyway. Yes, I should've taken out Reuniclus first of all... I wasted a shot on Gardevoir really. But then, Sylveon drawing 3 cards is so problematic too!
Thanks for the trades :)

Bo problem! I wasn’t really sure of the card’s value either (I use OU7C4ST too! XD), but I think that it was about the value.

Friendship is magic!

05 June 2018 - 12:30 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Bo problem! I wasn’t really sure of the card’s value either (I use OU7C4ST too! XD), but I think that it was about the value.

I think it seems fair <3 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu