First Thoughts

• Please log in to reply

26 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Hey xD

I always loved the rl TCG, and was an avid collector too. I've only been here, online, for about a month. 

My first thoughts are that I wish I found the site earlier; I did actually search for such a thing a few times over the years, somewhere where you could build a card deck and battle, but obviously never found this site until now. 

So, yes, I love it! 

In Versus mode etc, I don't mind that it is only canned chat, and perhaps that's even a good thing... but surely there could be a few more options? Like, 'Thanks!' at least? If someone says 'Well Played!' or 'You have a good deck!' the only available response is <3 or repeating what they said. Yes, it works, sort of. A few more options would be welcome; responses to the current canned chat... or even just 'Thanks!'

I don't have any binders yet, and it will be interesting to see how the collection display part of the game works.

First few days I did find things a little bit confusing, navigating around, but it all seems easy now.

Glad to be here xD 

Oh PS

I was disappointed that every set, and every card, isn't available. There are some favorite cards that I collected, and/or used in rl decks that I guess I can't get here. Why is that? lack of space or some other reason?  

Edited by ZotiMoon, 26 May 2018 - 03:05 PM.

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

26 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Hey xD

I always loved the rl TCG, and was an avid collector too. I've only been here, online, for about a month. 

My first thoughts are that I wish I found the site earlier; I did actually search for such a thing a few times over the years, somewhere where you could build a card deck and battle, but obviously never found this site until now. 

So, yes, I love it! 

In Versus mode etc, I don't mind that it is only canned chat, and perhaps that's even a good thing... but surely there could be a few more options? Like, 'Thanks!' at least? If someone says 'Well Played!' or 'You have a good deck!' the only available response is <3 or repeating what they said. Yes, it works, sort of. A few more options would be welcome; responses to the current canned chat... or even just 'Thanks!'

I don't have any binders yet, and it will be interesting to see how the collection display part of the game works.

First few days I did find things a little bit confusing, navigating around, but it all seems easy now.

Glad to be here xD 

Oh PS

I was disappointed that every set, and every card, isn't available. There are some favorite cards that I collected, and/or used in rl decks that I guess I can't get here. Why is that? lack of space or some other reason?  

The oldest sets predate the online game, and most were produced by another company (WotC), making those off-limits.

MOST cards from HGSS on are easy enough to get if you really want them, though for undisclosed reasons they're currently not able to offer the oldest of those in the shop, and certain limited sets also can't be purchased there as a matter of policy.

Any rl pack that has a code card will allow you to get a pack in the online game from that set. Other code cards offer boxes/sleeves, specific cards, decks, etc. If you've saved those, you can have a big collection online already.

Codes for randomized boosters and pre-release boxes won't have the same cards as were in the pack they came from. The contents are generated when you open them.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

26 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

The oldest sets predate the online game, and most were produced by another company (WotC), making those off-limits.

MOST cards from HGSS on are easy enough to get if you really want them, though for undisclosed reasons they're currently not able to offer the oldest of those in the shop, and certain limited sets also can't be purchased there as a matter of policy.

Any rl pack that has a code card will allow you to get a pack in the online game from that set. Other code cards offer boxes/sleeves, specific cards, decks, etc. If you've saved those, you can have a big collection online already.

Codes for randomized boosters and pre-release boxes won't have the same cards as were in the pack they came from. The contents are generated when you open them.

Oh, that's interesting! I didn't even realise WOTC weren't involved now. I guess it makes sense then, although it is a shame that those older sets aren't available. Thanks very much for your response :D  

Edited by ZotiMoon, 26 May 2018 - 04:00 PM.

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

26 May 2018 - 09:36 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Welcome to the forums :)

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

26 May 2018 - 09:43 PM

Otakutron

Senior Trainer

• Otakutron

Welcome to the forums, ZotiMoon. :)

Oh, that's interesting! I didn't even realise WOTC weren't involved now. I guess it makes sense then, although it is a shame that those older sets aren't available. Thanks very much for your response :D  

Wizards of the Coast failed to retain the license back in 2003.  During that year, there was a brief time when both WotC and the entity that would go on to become The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) were both releasing product, there was some messy court stuff... and I haven't really missed them.  WotC did some very things for the game, and the actual employees directly involved were often great, but they also yanked the 15+ Age Bracket from Organized Play and blamed it on "Japan".

(The 15+ Age Bracket or "Masters Division" was immediately restored under what would become TPCi)

Anyway, I bring it up because I thought it worth mentioning.  It has been over 15 years since they were involved with the Pokémon TCG, and while their influence is still felt, that means the younger Masters Division players never had the chance to even touch a card while WotC was in charge. ;)

If you do not have Private Messages enabled, it really limits you in discussing the Pokémon TCG.
Have you checked out the Play! Pokémon Rules & Resources page?  It is how I learned there are rules for 2-On-2, 30-Card, and Team Battle play!  Now if we can just get it on the PTCGO... http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/54673-adding-30-card-to-the-ptcgo/

27 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Thank you, Mod-Alder :) 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

27 May 2018 - 09:24 AM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Welcome to the forums, ZotiMoon. :)

Wizards of the Coast failed to retain the license back in 2003.  During that year, there was a brief time when both WotC and the entity that would go on to become The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) were both releasing product, there was some messy court stuff... and I haven't really missed them.  WotC did some very things for the game, and the actual employees directly involved were often great, but they also yanked the 15+ Age Bracket from Organized Play and blamed it on "Japan".

(The 15+ Age Bracket or "Masters Division" was immediately restored under what would become TPCi)

Anyway, I bring it up because I thought it worth mentioning.  It has been over 15 years since they were involved with the Pokémon TCG, and while their influence is still felt, that means the younger Masters Division players never had the chance to even touch a card while WotC was in charge. ;)

Thanks for bringing me up to speed, Otakutron :D 

I wonder if we might see some more sets like Evolutions? That seems a nice way of re-introducing the classic cards. 

Edited by ZotiMoon, 27 May 2018 - 09:34 AM.

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

27 May 2018 - 01:08 PM

Otakutron

Senior Trainer

• Otakutron

Thanks for bringing me up to speed, Otakutron :D

I wonder if we might see some more sets like Evolutions? That seems a nice way of re-introducing the classic cards. 

I believe Japan already has a set that features "updates" of several iconic Pokémon, such as the Feraligatr with "Downpour" and "Riptide".  Even a few reprints, like TV Reporter.

If you do not have Private Messages enabled, it really limits you in discussing the Pokémon TCG.
Have you checked out the Play! Pokémon Rules & Resources page?  It is how I learned there are rules for 2-On-2, 30-Card, and Team Battle play!  Now if we can just get it on the PTCGO... http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/54673-adding-30-card-to-the-ptcgo/

27 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

I believe Japan already has a set that features "updates" of several iconic Pokémon, such as the Feraligatr with "Downpour" and "Riptide".  Even a few reprints, like TV Reporter.

Ah, that's good! There were so many great cards that they can't just be forgotten and lost... gotta be a way to bring 'em all back xD 

And, just from a Collector's pov, it's irksome not to be able to have all of them. 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

27 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

LightFlarion

Rookie Trainer

• LightFlarion

Yeah I so wish that they would bring the Diamond & Pearl packs into the game. I know compared to Black & White, X&Y and Sun & Moon TCG series the Diamond & Pearl TCG series are quite outdated, but it would be awesome to have a chance to collect cards from back in the day.  :D

27 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Yeah I so wish that they would bring the Diamond & Pearl packs into the game. I know compared to Black & White, X&Y and Sun & Moon TCG series the Diamond & Pearl TCG series are quite outdated, but it would be awesome to have a chance to collect cards from back in the day.  :D

100% <3 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

28 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi Trainers,

I'll pass this along as a suggestion. Who knows, maybe it's something that we'll eventually see!

Moderator Jynthu

28 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Hi Trainers,

I'll pass this along as a suggestion. Who knows, maybe it's something that we'll eventually see!

Ooh! Thank you! Let's hope!!! <3 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

29 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

You are welcome ZotiMoon! Thank you all for helping out our new member also! Let us know if you need further assistance!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

29 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

You are welcome ZotiMoon! Thank you all for helping out our new member also! Let us know if you need further assistance!

thank you :D

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

30 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Anytime, we are glad to help!

Moderator Lyam

30 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

Anytime, we are glad to help!

thanks so much :D <3

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu