Heya, I have played this game for a few days now and I got some feedback that might improve gameplay! It's a good game, it's fun, brings back those old Pokemon feels, but there is room for improvement:
In my point of view, these are things that need to be addressed:
- There is a second delay when choosing a prizecard. It would be nicer for the speed of the game if you'd click one and it directly shows the animation to move into your hand. Right now there is something going on that almost looks like lag (but it isn't)
- At the start of the game when you choose your benched pokemon, between each new pokemon you want to put on the bench, you see the message pop up again saying you can choose pokemon to bench. It's a bit annoying and not really necessary, so getting rid of that would save some time too at the start-up of the game.
- Generally putting the pokemon from hand to bench or bench to active is a bit slow, could do without a second of a delay between clicks.
- Make an option to fight versus battles with decks that don't have GX or EX pokemon. I like the old school stuff and the normal battles. These GX and EX pokemon sort of make it seem like a game totally different from that pokemon feel I get when playing normal battles, I"m sure I'm not the only one with this point of view? People seem to build decks surrounding their one or few GX pokemon and when they die they give up and I instantly win, or I can't win cause I don't have a GX to beat it with. Let the GX people fight their GX battles against each other and let the pokemon players just play the regular game in a different 'versus' mode, is my suggestion. Both can gain equal amount of thunderbolt points and such, just a matter of preference of play-style.
- Once you've done all you can in a turn, make the turn end automatically instead of having to click on the ready icon. This counts for the beginning when choosing active / bench pokemon, but also in turns when you're unable to attack because of lack of energies and you can't attach any more trainers / energies / pokemon, when you truly have no options left, just let the game end your turn for you; that increases gamespeed a lot too.
- Make the pokemon board bigger in the screen. Right now, both left and right of the screen are occupied by a jpg of some wood table, would be nicer to re-do the pokemon board and make it fill up the entire space, so that the cards in play become bigger too (and thus easier to read and nicer to look at the art on the cards). A lot of screen-space is currently not being used for the actual game and I think that's a shame.
- Add a list of the last 5 cards that have been played in game and put it somewhere on the screen below each other. So when I play a trainer and then an energy, a small icon of a trainer will appear in the right corner, and then a small icon of an energy above it. When I right click the icon, it shows the card that has been played. That way you can keep track of the game a lot easier.
- Shorten the length of trainers being showed when played. It's good to have a quick look of what trainer is played, but if I don't recognize the trainer, the amount of time it is showed is too short anyway. So I have to right click it in the discard pile anyway to see what its effects were. Might as well make the time it shows shorter to increase the gameplay speed and then when I want to know the effects if I don't recognize it, I just click on one of the icons I suggested in the bulletpoint before this one.
I think this is about all I've run into while playing this game a few days. Most of these points boil down to improving the speed of the game. Also, sometimes with these GX cards it's really hard to read what they can do, so it could do with a change in lay-out allowing these cards to be showed even bigger when right clicking, or at least bigger in game too.
Edited by ChallengerBart, 20 May 2018 - 09:22 PM.