If you have a Pokemon room

• Please log in to reply

20 May 2018 - 06:09 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, here is a little something to think about, unless you actually have one, but what if you had a room dedicated to Pokémon?  Like how Star Wars fans are portrayed, where they have some room, mainly a basement, dedicated to the series, like collect every little merchandise they can get their hands on, no matter what it is, and in some cases, especially the serious die-hard collectors, keep them in their original packaging in order to add to the value.

So in this case, if you decided to dedicate an entire room, big or small, attic or basement, to Pokémon, how far would you go?  Like would you have a small room dedicated a slight few things, like plushies, or say, as a substitute for wallpaper, you have a bunch of trading cards in card sleeves as decorations.  Or would you convert a basement or an attic to where you try to get every little thing you can get your hands on, even the ones you can only find in Japan, like the arcade games?  And finally, would you keep things in their original packaging, just to preserve them, turning the room into a museum, or would you be the sort who just has to keep using them, like play the video games, watch the videos, or such?

Mainly, if you had such a room, what kind of collector would you be, and how far would you go?

As for me, well, I would collect them for sentimental value, and no way I can stop myself from using them over and over again, like say, I would keep playing the original Red, Blue and Yellow games on the Game Boy, but unfortunately, the games themselves no longer works.  And I would just collect a little bit of everything, don't get me wrong, I love the franchise, but as a collector, I wouldn't take things like Pokémon too over-the-top seriously.

20 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

I dont think I ever would go that far, but if I did I think I would really go for displaying my cards. So whats the most extreme way to display your cards? Pokemon cards wallpaper. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

20 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Well, if you ever got one of those binders designed to hold Pokémon cards, the ones where they come with pages of card sleeves, well, can you picture having one of those big enough to cover a wall?  Where you put your cards in, on display, and if you're building a deck, all you have to do is look at the wall and pick which cards you want to put in, and replace them with different ones on the wall.

20 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Thats what I was thinking ;)

Moderator Alder

21 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

I could not take it as far as an entire room dedicated to just Pokémon. I have too many other interests! 

However, some nice framed artwork, some plushies and figures - for sure! I'm also not really the type to keep things in the packaging. I want to be able to pick it up and enjoy seeing the details!

Moderator Jynthu

22 May 2018 - 07:10 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

If you have to have a Pokémon room, you have to take it all the way! Go big or go to sleep!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

25 May 2018 - 04:48 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

As soon as the Pokemon VR game (Ahem I hope someday) that comes with the peripheral poke ball that you can throw to summon your Pokemon, I could see converting a whole room to a Pokemon VR suite. 

Moderator Alder

27 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

If I was a millionaire, and had a mansion with countless rooms... maybe a pokemon theme room would be fun! I have to live in my apartment for now, so I wouldn't have the space. Not something I'd particularly wanna do though... it is a bit OTT. I'm sure you'd find several rooms like that in Japan though xD 

Some nice ideas on this thread... love the VR Pokemon, where you get to throw the Pokeball :D 

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

01 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Well, a Pokémon VR game would take the Pokémon room to the next level for sure! Not sure if we are going to see something like that soon but it would be really interesting (even without the Pokémon room)!

02 June 2018 - 08:35 PM

tinyhero77

Rookie Trainer

• tinyhero77

Hmm..I collect plushies, that's honestly the farthest I'd go lol

04 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hmm..I collect plushies, that's honestly the farthest I'd go lol

Plushies are great, too! Right now, I actually only have one Pikachu plushie and no other Pokémon items displayed. 

Moderator Jynthu

03 July 2018 - 11:21 PM

CharizardM

Trainer

• CharizardM

I probably would not have a room just for Pokemon things... Instead, I would probably make it a room that would be good for playing Pokemon games with others or something...

[SIZE=4]The Mysterious Fairy Eeveelution ~ Sylveon.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]"Now, I can be a Dragon too!" ~ Random Charizard that I own...[/SIZE]

11 July 2018 - 02:26 PM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi CharizardM,

That is a great idea! A Pokemon Game Room! You are taking it to the next level!