[CARD] general -Ampharos EX Vs. XY Pressure Lugia

Versus Mode PC Cards

• Please log in to reply

19 May 2018 - 06:56 PM

Rallen176728

Rookie Trainer

• Rallen176728

I was playing a match in versus mode with an electric deck. I had my Ampharos EX use Sparkling Tail onto my opponent's Pressure Lugia (which is weak to electric). As stated, Sparkling Tail ignored the weakness, but what it didn't ignore was pressure, which allowed my opponent to win the game. There was no stadium in play, and no tool cards or special energy (excluding double colorless) either.

I'll list the text of Pressure and Sparkling Tail here.

Ability Pressure

As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, any damage done by attacks from your opponent's Active Pokémon is reduced by 20 (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Attack Sparkling Tail

This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on your opponent's active Pokémon.

19 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

LordKieta

Elite Trainer

• LordKieta
Lugias ability affects the attacks of Ampharos. It doesn't affect the damage done to Lugia.

Ampharos's attack prevents effects on Lugia, not itself.. Lugias ability isn't affecting Lugia, it's affecting Ampharos.

It's kind of confusing, but look at Dragons Exalted Bouffalant for a comparison.

Bouffalants ability says

"
Any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance)."

Ampharos would do 100 to Bouffalant since this similar effect is on Bouffalant

I do NOT check my messages in-game. If you need to talk to me, message me on the forums. 

Visit Violet City Trading Company, Located in In-Game Item Exchange!!! Trade your packs in for our cards! 

19 May 2018 - 10:56 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Thanks for helping out LordKieta :)

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

20 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

Rallen176728

Rookie Trainer

• Rallen176728

Oh, ok. As a Yu-gi-oh player, I noticed that difference, but I thought that the way that Ampharos was worded covered both.

20 May 2018 - 10:06 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

I was playing a match in versus mode with an electric deck. I had my Ampharos EX use Sparkling Tail onto my opponent's Pressure Lugia (which is weak to electric). As stated, Sparkling Tail ignored the weakness, but what it didn't ignore was pressure, which allowed my opponent to win the game. There was no stadium in play, and no tool cards or special energy (excluding double colorless) either.

I'll list the text of Pressure and Sparkling Tail here.

Ability Pressure

As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, any damage done by attacks from your opponent's Active Pokémon is reduced by 20 (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Attack Sparkling Tail

This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on your opponent's active Pokémon.

Does the effect correctly show on the attacker, rather than on Lugia? Just wondering, I don't know if I even have this card.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

21 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

I am editing the title of this thread to make it more descriptive.

Moderator Vengr
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Versus Mode, PC, Cards