Theme Deck Plus Format

• Please log in to reply

18 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

andypants040

Rookie Trainer

• andypants040

So I've really enjoyed playing in theme deck tournaments but I would love to see a new constructed format that included all of the standard legal cards found in theme decks. I think it could be a fun format for deck brewers that didn't rely on Zoroark-GX being in every deck. 

Thoughts?

18 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

So I've really enjoyed playing in theme deck tournaments but I would love to see a new constructed format that included all of the standard legal cards found in theme decks. I think it could be a fun format for deck brewers that didn't rely on Zoroark-GX being in every deck. 

Thoughts?

Thought one: Where the Theme format is now ruled by a single deck, it would be dominated by those who purchased a second copy of that same deck to remove the weaknesses it has.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

18 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

andypants040

Rookie Trainer

• andypants040

Garchomp is annoying but it might be more manageable if you could make other decks more consistent 

19 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I think this would be cool.  The biggest reason Mach Strike is OP is that it has great draw and good attackers.  But if we could give other decks with good attackers- maybe fairy ones- that same great draw support, it should be more balanced.

Garchamp/Lucario would still probably be the best deck, but by a small margin and with a much larger meta.

Edited by SuperStone, 19 May 2018 - 05:36 PM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

09 August 2018 - 10:25 PM

andypants040

Rookie Trainer

• andypants040

As more theme decks have come out I think I keep thinking this would be a fun idea. The devs could even implement a Standard and Expanded format with just the theme deck cards. It would especially be great to F2P players.