Alolan Ninetales (standard)

• Please log in to reply

17 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

shadoxfoxspirit

Rookie Trainer

• shadoxfoxspirit
I’ve been playing around with my favorite Pokémon for a year and have come up with a list I think will be pretty good. I’m not sure if Crashee Wake is worth it yet or not since I haven’t gotten to test due to lack of Zoroark online. Before I can assemble a deck in real life I need to be sure of the cards I am ordering because of limited funds. Input especially from those who have tested Wake would be appreciated! I do think I need 1 weakness policy for steel/buzzwole but it’s tight the way I have it for speed. Thank you in advance.

Pokémon - 16

* 3 Zorua
* 3 Zoroark-GX
* 1 Oricorio GRI 56
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX
* 4 Alolan Vulpix
* 1 Volcanion {Prism*}
* 3 Alolan Ninetales-GX

Trainer Cards - 30

* 2 N
* 2 Crasher Wake
* 3 Choice Band
* 1 Lana
* 1 Super Rod
* 4 Aqua Patch
* 1 Special Charge
* 4 Cynthia
* 1 Professor's Letter
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 1 Field Blower
* 2 Float Stone
* 2 Professor Sycamore
* 2 Guzma

Energy - 14

* 4 Double Colorless Energy
* 10 Water Energy

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

18 May 2018 - 02:22 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
Lists seemed solid enough apart from Lana (replace her with 1 more Guzma) and maybe prof letter (but there's wake...). Unfortunately I don't have deep experience with Crasher Wake (seems too unreliable for my tastes) so maybe someone else can help you there.

Including 1 baby Icetales is fine as well

18 May 2018 - 03:58 PM

shadoxfoxspirit

Rookie Trainer

• shadoxfoxspirit

Lists seemed solid enough apart from Lana (replace her with 1 more Guzma) and maybe prof letter (but there's wake...). Unfortunately I don't have deep experience with Crasher Wake (seems too unreliable for my tastes) so maybe someone else can help you there.
Including 1 baby Icetales is fine as well

Lana turns Zoroark and similar 120s into a 3 hit KO without choice. That’s before the GX. I’m going for a little bulk to slow enough to build a 2nd ninetales. If anything I would probably cut a Wake for Guzma. The amount of Guzma in the format scares me away from baby ninetales. Thank you for the input!

18 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
Lana turns Zoroark and similar 120s into a 3 hit KO without choice. That’s before the GX. I’m going for a little bulk to slow enough to build a 2nd ninetales. If anything I would probably cut a Wake for Guzma. The amount of Guzma in the format scares me away from baby ninetales. Thank you for the input!

It's more of a consistency boost. I would rather use the spot occupied by Lana for say Guzma, cuz Guzma is decidedly more useful, and honestly there are many more cards that are more useful than Lana such as 1 extra sycamore, rescue stretcher, field blower etc, that I rather play than Lana. She's helpful against low ELO I presume, but in meta standards she's pretty terrible.

Baby Icetales is just to annoy GX. Yes they will play Guzma but at least it forces your opponent to do something about it. Of course you should still try to OHKO with Icetales GX's most powerful attack, instead of hiding behind baby Icetales and spamming Aurora Beam. Not all Alolan Ninetales GX decklists play the baby, so it's really just a matter of personal preference.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 18 May 2018 - 05:05 PM.

28 May 2018 - 10:11 PM

animus303

Rookie Trainer

• animus303

What if you replaced Crasher Wake with 2 Brooklet Hill's?

06 June 2018 - 02:30 AM

Player_Jay

Junior Trainer

• Player_Jay
The cards in your deck that I don’t like include:

1x Oricorio
2x Crasher Wake
1x Lana
1x Professor Letter

I would replace Oricorio with Ninetails (Luminous Barrier)

I personally like using 3 Stadium or 2 Field Blowers + extra support card to counter my opponents stadiums

You currently have 1 Field Blower.

I would add in 1 more or take both out and add in 3x Brooklet Hill

The extra support card you can add would be Guzma since you only have 2.

I would replace Lana with Brigette to combo with your Tapu Lele.
It will help speed up your turn 1/2 plays.

Those are changes I would make.
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.