Something to do With Excess Duplicates Please

• Please log in to reply

16 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

Crono51

Novice Trainer

• Crono51

So first, a new member to the community, and I have gotten helpful feedback so far, but I just wanted to mention something that I think is a flaw with the overall design, albeit nothing that ruins much of the fun. When we open an untradeable pack, and for me as a new player, pretty much all my packs and cards are untradeable, we get an excess of cards with which we can do nothing. Could the devs please implement some sort of crafting system or something so that we could make use of excess cards? Even with buying decks, I think I had over 6 Haus now, and other similar cards with nothing to do with the excess. I understand trading is a big aspect, and I don't think a crafting system exactly like that of hearthstone would be good(in fact it would more than likely hurt the game), however, maybe make it so we can turn excess cards into more untradeable packs, tickets, or coins?

tl/dr: Excess untradeable cards -> waste -> implement crafting/exchange system -> more fun

16 May 2018 - 10:10 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Just “grind” the untradable cards for coins should be enough. For example, 1 red star=100 coins, 1 white star=50 coins, etc...

Friendship is magic!

16 May 2018 - 10:22 PM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

This is a topic that comes up once a month or every other month, 2 issues with crafting system, even though i personally think it would be cool it would also cause confusion to a lot of players (how to craft and proper usage of it).  2nd thing is, players with excess unlocked cards would also want it applied to those cards, with that said, players would just buy bulk cards and get tons or coins/tickets.

16 May 2018 - 10:33 PM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

Well, I'd rather see the possiblity to implement a card for ticket exchange.

Tickets are worth nothing, I play tournaments and still have around 400 tickets.

Still waiting for 20-ticket theme deck tournaments, that would be a super awesome thing.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

16 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

@Crono51 Users like to play with all sorts of improvement ideas, which is fine if you're having fun, but not if you don't want to waste your time since anything not bug-related is mostly ignored, presumably since all the dev power available after dealing with management priorities is poured into trying to fix the major bugs.

16 May 2018 - 11:28 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Hi Trainers,

Thank you all for sharing your ideas, suggestions and points of view regarding the duplicate cards.

Your messages will be sent to our development team for further review. Rest assured that all your ideas are read and taken into consideration, yet it is not possible to implement all of them.

Thank you for supporting the game!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

17 May 2018 - 03:11 AM

Nitron2097

Rookie Trainer

• Nitron2097

x

Edited by Nitron2097, 18 May 2018 - 12:19 AM.

17 May 2018 - 03:32 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Not sure if this is the place to mention this but it seems as good a place as any. I was watching a video by Trainer Chip and he specifically said 15 locked packs of Forbidden Light "are for trade later". What did he mean by this, and can he do something that the rest of us can't with locked packs? And if so, how is that fair? I just would like this clarified.

I have no idea who Trainer Chip is, and maybe he's one of those streamers with a marketing account.  Yet, I doubt if even those promotional accounts have a way to trade packs that are "locked."

When you put a trade up in Public Offers, that also places those packs in "trade-locked" status, right?

What I'm guessing (and that's all it is), is that he had Public trades in progress.  When talking, do you think he could have meant, "Those are for trades.  Later." ...meaning that he would discuss it later?

17 May 2018 - 04:07 AM

Crono51

Novice Trainer

• Crono51

This is a topic that comes up once a month or every other month, 2 issues with crafting system, even though i personally think it would be cool it would also cause confusion to a lot of players (how to craft and proper usage of it).  2nd thing is, players with excess unlocked cards would also want it applied to those cards, with that said, players would just buy bulk cards and get tons or coins/tickets.

Do you really think it would confuse players? I don't think it would have to be complicated, just an option on a card when you click it, to turn into coins or something, and then a warning message could appear when clicked to make sure that's what they want. Also, for your second point, wouldn't this make TPC more money, and in effect be good for the game? Thanks for your response btw.

17 May 2018 - 05:00 AM

Nitron2097

Rookie Trainer

• Nitron2097

x

Edited by Nitron2097, 18 May 2018 - 12:20 AM.

17 May 2018 - 05:16 AM

Crono51

Novice Trainer

• Crono51

That is a really cool feature.

There was a 15 next to his Trade Locked icon of Forbidden Light boosters and he said the number 15 and "for trade". I could have misunderstood but I highly doubt I did. Whatever.

The Magic: the Gathering Arena beta is pretty lame but it does have one cool feature; when you "buy" a pack with the game's currency, if you get a duplicate card beyond a play-set of the card, you get a token of that rarity and you can then trade those in for extra booster packs when you gather up enough of them.

That would be a really cool feature.

18 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

andypants040

Rookie Trainer

• andypants040

I think I would be ok even if the exchange rate were extremely low. I just hate having 30+ copies of Hau on my account!