2 ideas for the game

• Please log in to reply

16 May 2018 - 02:15 AM

FishermanMatt

Rookie Trainer

• FishermanMatt
I think it would be useful and a nice option if trade locked cards could be unlocked for a price. Something like paying 200 coins and you’ll be able to trade the card if you choose.

Another feature I was thinking would be super cool is achievements. There are so many options for this idea. It would give new players a few extra ways to get rewards and also give vets some extra incentive to continue playing. Simple and easy achievements such as winning 5 vs matches and receiving some type of reward. Then 10 and 20 up to hundreds with increasing rewards. Collecting so many fire type cards or all of a set. They could do matching deck box and sleeves for rewards or special coins.

I would love to see both or either of these implemented into the game along the line! Any comments or thoughts are welcomed! Wouldn’t mind hearing others opinions on these ideas.

16 May 2018 - 02:23 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
I’m against the idea of unlocking cards (market will blow up, literally), but I support the idea of doing something about locked cards. Let’s say that I have, for example, two locked Lunala Prism, one of them will be completely useless to me, so I would be able to sell it for coins. Let’s say, 100 coins for Red Star, 50 coins for white star, 25 coins for uncommon and 10 coins for common. Or something like that.

Like, honestly, having two identical locked Prism cards is beyond annoying.

Friendship is magic!

16 May 2018 - 03:15 AM

FishermanMatt

Rookie Trainer

• FishermanMatt
Yea that’s probably a better idea. Unless they limited it to allowing you to only unlock one card per week or something.

16 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

Hello FishermanMatt and Princess_Aurora, 

You are doing a great job by sharing your thoughts in regard to locking and unlocking cards.

Many thanks to the both of you!  :)

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

16 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi Trainers,

The idea of a way to remove the tradelock on cards has definitely been suggested before, but I'm not sure if an achievement system has been suggested. 

Thank you for sharing your ideas!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

18 May 2018 - 08:33 AM

danadara0405

Rookie Trainer

• danadara0405

I'm reached level 40. What next? I don't understand why I've received lucky eggs for level 40. A lot of lucky eggs!

18 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

andypants040

Rookie Trainer

• andypants040

The daily challenges are almost the beginning of an achievement system. I think that these could be expanded into an achievement system that would be pretty cool :)

18 May 2018 - 08:50 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

I'm reached level 40. What next? I don't understand why I've received lucky eggs for level 40. A lot of lucky eggs!

That is not this game. :)

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

18 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

What is a lucky egg?

Friendship is magic!

18 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

The TCG Game already unbalanced after released Super High HP GX and overpowerd acceleration  cards....very disruptive making alot people stop playing cause of this non-sense disruptive unbalance changes.

Edited by sterlingW, 18 May 2018 - 09:18 PM.

Pokemon Trading Card Online Early Closed Beta Tester

Pokemon Trading Card  Favorite Game Style : Unlimited Format

From Pokemon TCGO (Flash Player) Beta Test to Pokemon TCGO (Unity 3D) Beta Test

18 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

The TCG Game already unbalanced after released Super High HP GX and overpowerd acceleration  cards....very disruptive making alot people stop playing cause of this non-sense disruptive unbalance changes.

Did you even read the original post?

What does this have to do with exchanging extra trade-locked cards for Tokens, or improving the "achievements" in the game.  Both are good ideas.

Any thoughts on this topic?

18 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

its fully related to OP...

Making a feature to "unlock" locked card with a price can be disruptive, because of current unbalanced gameplay with Super High HP GX and overpowers acceleration cards. (Players unlocks a op > trade player a op > make their deck op) This "unlock LOCKED cards" feature also favors winners...

There should be more better option to savage those locked cards (w/ more than 4) for some token or something. 

Edited by sterlingW, 18 May 2018 - 10:10 PM.

Pokemon Trading Card Online Early Closed Beta Tester

Pokemon Trading Card  Favorite Game Style : Unlimited Format

From Pokemon TCGO (Flash Player) Beta Test to Pokemon TCGO (Unity 3D) Beta Test

20 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

ChallengerBart

Rookie Trainer

• ChallengerBart

All of my cards are locked for trading. I know this might not be the right thread to put this in, but how do I get them unlocked? And if it has to do with leveling up, how do I level up? I've beaten enough people to get a deck and a pack from the shop worth of coins, but still lvl 0 :P 

So regarding making them able to sell if you have more than 4 of them, that would be very neat. You can only add 4 of the same pokemon to a deck, making all excess able for trade or sale for coins would be very beneficial I'd say? 

21 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

Tradeable cards: from codes, tournament rewards, and KO challenges after level 16.

Advice: don't open tradeable packs, trade them for the cards you want.

Upgrade level: see the daily challenge screen.

21 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

The daily challenges are almost the beginning of an achievement system. I think that these could be expanded into an achievement system that would be pretty cool :)

There used to be a set of achievements.  Stuff like KO 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Pokemon in a single turn or deal X damage all-time.  There were even some for winning a match with a certain theme deck.  This was scrapped years ago, before the daily challenges came along.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules