[GAME] Versus Mode - PvP Timer Not Working, Player Exploiting

• Please log in to reply

15 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

Crono51

Novice Trainer

• Crono51

There are numerous ways to avoid the timer going down I guess, but in one game, the timer was stuck in the beginning, when placing pokemon. [Edited by Mod_Jynthu - calling out other players is not permitted] seems to be a player that exploits this, as he simply does nothing, I guess waiting for the opponent to leave so he gets the win.

Edited by Mod_Jynthu, 15 May 2018 - 09:10 PM.
Calling other players out is not permitted on the forums.

15 May 2018 - 09:15 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Crono51,

I have modified your post to remove your opponent's name and to update the title. Please note that calling other players out on the forums is not permitted. If you would like to report someone, please do so with the in-game report function or by submitting a ticket.

Have you experienced the issue where the timer does not start in other matches? It may be that this was an isolated incident related to a connection issue. 

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

15 May 2018 - 11:32 PM

SingingFlyEx

Junior Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

Nothing was happening, waiting for the opponent while nobody's timer was going down?

Sounds like a bug. Never got that one.

"Usually" (happens rarely) it's MY timer going down while I'm waiting for my opponent to choose his prize card or whatever, which he did but a bug caused my client to miss out on whatever happened after this point.

15 May 2018 - 11:51 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Maybe they were stalling, but maybe not.  It could very well be that your opponent was having Internet issues on their end.  Lack of signal to the server could have this effect.

In the first thread I noticed of yours, you mentioned that you've only been playing the game a few days.  But there's been 3 more threads since, all claiming exploits by your opponent, where you've claimed they must have used some type of scripting code to cheat.

Give it a few more days, and things like Fighting Fury Belt, or other cards that affect the status of the game, will be more obvious to you.  You seem sharp, but also seem to be missing some of the game mechanics.  Until then, you should be aware, it's nearly impossible for someone to exploit a match maliciously, because all of the games are run at the Server level (not on the local device).  It's very doubtful that someone playing a Pokémon Theme Deck would be technical enough, or motivated enough to hack Amazon Web Services (the server provider) to beat you for the measly prizes on the VS Ladder.

Edited by RobRatt, 16 May 2018 - 12:00 AM.

16 May 2018 - 02:27 AM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Experience on the field will be way more useful than running around the forums. Take your time to learn all the little tricks on the format that you’re playing (difference between 3 damage counter and 30 damage, KO due to Burn/Poison effect, HP buffing/damage mitigation items, stadiums and abilities, damage enhancing energy/items, etc...)

Don’t be in a rush, there are many things to discover in the Pokemon TCG. For example, did you know that there are shiny Pokemon cards?

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 16 May 2018 - 02:28 AM.

Friendship is magic!

16 May 2018 - 02:53 AM

Crono51

Novice Trainer

• Crono51

Yes, found some shiny ones, and they are really cool. Thanks for the comments.

16 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi Crono51,

You are welcome! We are happy to see that you received help from our experienced players here! Please let us know if you need further assistance in the future.

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!