Increasing Forum participation with rewards + Casual mode

• Please log in to reply

15 May 2018 - 08:15 PM

goodgoy

Rookie Trainer

• goodgoy

Has anyone thought about tying forum participation with in game rewards? I don't mean packs or anything that would horribly ruin the economy, but more like coins or some avatar clothing that would get available to higher ranking forum users or something like that. With the trading companies gone, I feel like the game admins should step up and really make this community special. 

Also, this might be me more than anything, but ive been playing casual games lately with toxapex GX and M Blastoise, and I get flat out stomped in a ton of my games :(

I read somewhere about rankings and stuff separating casual players with competitive ones. Please create some kind of mode where I can play with my fun decks in a bit more forgiving setting :0 

15 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

Has anyone thought about tying forum participation with in game rewards? I don't mean packs or anything that would horribly ruin the economy, but more like coins or some avatar clothing that would get available to higher ranking forum users or something like that. With the trading companies gone, I feel like the game admins should step up and really make this community special. 

Also, this might be me more than anything, but ive been playing casual games lately with toxapex GX and M Blastoise, and I get flat out stomped in a ton of my games :(

I read somewhere about rankings and stuff separating casual players with competitive ones. Please create some kind of mode where I can play with my fun decks in a bit more forgiving setting :0 

Good Feedback, 

Having forum activity should get some sort of Cosmetic rewards.

The more veteran the users is the better cosmetic rewards given (me 2011)  :D 
It should not depend on post counts (cause people post padding) but can depend on the day they signed up on the forums.

Edited by sterlingW, 15 May 2018 - 09:29 PM.

Pokemon Trading Card Online Early Closed Beta Tester

Pokemon Trading Card  Favorite Game Style : Unlimited Format

From Pokemon TCGO (Flash Player) Beta Test to Pokemon TCGO (Unity 3D) Beta Test

16 May 2018 - 02:10 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Maybe not exclusive cosmetics for avatar, but definitively some tying up between the forums and the game.

Perhaps that we can host an energy artwork contest, and have forum users use them in the game? The appearance will change every so often (monthly, I guess), so it’ll allow some interesting visual effects. As a plus, it’ll make the forums more alive, the only community events that I’ve seen so far are player-organized.

I mean, it could be fun to have a “choose a side” event in the game, or some community events of some sort. Community events are pretty fun, games such as Vainglory host them regularly, and they aren’t going bankrupt. Far from it.

Friendship is magic!

16 May 2018 - 11:12 AM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot
Hey there!

Thank you for posting your suggestions in the forum!  :cool:

I am passing them along for further review, although we can't guarantee their implementation.

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

16 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on how to improve activity on the forums! 

Good Feedback, 
Having forum activity should get some sort of Cosmetic rewards.

The more veteran the users is the better cosmetic rewards given (me 2011)  :D 
It should not depend on post counts (cause people post padding) but can depend on the day they signed up on the forums.

The problem with this would be that rewarding an earlier sign up date would not necessarily give players a reason to remain active on the forums. If it would simply be increasing rewards for veteran players who are active on the forums, I feel this would be unfair to newer players.

Moderator Jynthu
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

16 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Quote from this thread: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/52472-the-solution-to-almost-everything-felidae-s-magnum-opus/?hl=%2Bmagnum+%2Bopus

[...]

Rewards for active users

I can't believe you haven't used this before. What's the biggest advantage the official forum has over any kind of fan made project ? You can freaking create resources for the game. Coins, Tickets, trade-locked packs, everyone of those are mere virtual items, that can be created at your will.

We want players to create content for the forums. We want good writes to create primers for the different archetypes ( sort an an overview of the entire archetype with card choices, game plan, match-ups, etc.) and we want fun and interactive discussions. This forum should be the prime source for any information about the Pokemon TCG ( more on that later, again), but therefore we need more users, more content and, above all, a higher quality in said content.

Just imagine the following:

- rewards for reaching a reputation of X “Hey there, you just reached a reputation of 200. Thank you for your ongoing work on the Pokemon TCG forums. Take these 5 packs ( trade-locked) as a token of our gratitude".

- rewards for the number of posts “ Wow, you just reached 500 posts on the official Pokemon Tcg forum. Take these 500 coins and celebrate!

Each month will also feature a special give away for stuff like “funniest post”, “new user of the month”, “best post – deck construction”, “best post- feedback” and so forth. You don't even have to moderate that much, just scan through the forums on a regular basis, look out for posts with a lot of reputation and find your favourite.

It's all about creating an environment where people are encourage to post meaningful content, ********* with others and overall have a good time doing so.

Have monthly writing / creative contests on the forum

Tying in with the idea of given away rewards to the users, why don't we have a monthly contest, where the contestants can win all sorts of in-game goodies.

One function that is severely underused is the ability to share decks ( mainly because everyone can use that tool, no matter if they actually have the required cards or not).

So we create a deck building challenge. Build a deck around a certain theme, write a short introduction to the deck / the strategy and then let the jury decide the winners. The main criteria here shouldn't be focused on competitive viability, but rather on the narrative of the deck.

Example:

Create a narrative deck that centres around Ash's first experience in the Pokemon league.

Create a deck that can deal the most damage on turn one, without having to attack ( none of your cards is prized for this challenge and you'll always draw perfectly)

Create a deck without a single supporter card.

Create a narrative deck centred around the evolution of a Pokemon.

Create a water based deck, using only cards from the S&M sets.

You get the idea. It's fun, it's creative, it's for everyone and you get a chance to win cool prizes on top ? Sign me in.

Other contests could include: write an exciting battle report ( they are more common in the VGC, but I'm sure you can tell an epic tale of your card adventures as well), create your own Pokemon card ( given a certain Theme), Puzzle challenge ( you are given a screenshot of a board state and you need to find a way to win the game in your turn) and many more.

[...]

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

17 May 2018 - 01:01 AM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

Quote from this thread: http://forums.pokemo...l=+magnum +opus

Hi Felidae_,

Thank you for sharing your ideas on how to increase the use of the forum. This forum is for the community and it's always exciting to know that many users like you have thought about interesting ideas to make it more interactive!

Moderator Lyam

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

18 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

Hello Trainers!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on how to improve activity on the forums! 

The problem with this would be that rewarding an earlier sign up date would not necessarily give players a reason to remain active on the forums. If it would simply be increasing rewards for veteran players who are active on the forums, I feel this would be unfair to newer players.

It does not make game unfair.

Cosmetic Avatar/DeckBoxes/Items for in game have no boost to improve pokemon card stats or win rates
Its only for show.

Some sort Forum Achievement Rewards 

Edited by sterlingW, 18 May 2018 - 10:22 PM.

Pokemon Trading Card Online Early Closed Beta Tester

Pokemon Trading Card  Favorite Game Style : Unlimited Format

From Pokemon TCGO (Flash Player) Beta Test to Pokemon TCGO (Unity 3D) Beta Test