Ran out of cards. Unfair and I want my points

• Please log in to reply

14 May 2018 - 10:08 PM

Igmivrial

Trainer

• Igmivrial
I just faced a deck that just used 4 metal durants and psychic Mew and all it did was discard my deck. It didn't do any damage.

I got down to one prize and I was about to win when he played team rocket and attacked with Durant discarding my last 6 cards in my deck. And when it was my turn, I lost.

This deck requires no skill at all. It didn't even play the game. I think you should remove this win condition. I built a real deck. It was Buzzwole Lycanroc. This isn't fair at all.

I think yOu should take away all the points he got for playing this dumb deck. Maybe make it so he can't play it anymore too heh heh.

And then give those points to me. I rightly deserve them. I play a real deck. With real skill. That does damage. I DESERVE THOSE POINTS.

This isn't fair.

14 May 2018 - 10:20 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Forum. Please. Once. Just once.Don't respond.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

15 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan

I just faced a deck that just used 4 metal durants and psychic Mew and all it did was discard my deck. It didn't do any damage.

I got down to one prize and I was about to win when he played team rocket and attacked with Durant discarding my last 6 cards in my deck. And when it was my turn, I lost.

This deck requires no skill at all. It didn't even play the game. I think you should remove this win condition. I built a real deck. It was Buzzwole Lycanroc. This isn't fair at all.

I think yOu should take away all the points he got for playing this dumb deck. Maybe make it so he can't play it anymore too heh heh.

And then give those points to me. I rightly deserve them. I play a real deck. With real skill. That does damage. I DESERVE THOSE POINTS.

This isn't fair.

Hello Igmivrial,

I know how disappointedly you could feel when you are trying to do your best but fail the battle. We're sure that with getting some experience you'll find the way to build the best deck that will bring you well deserved wins!

Moderator Rowan
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

15 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

Guido_19

Novice Trainer

• Guido_19

I don't think this is unfair. Annoying, yes. By far. What I think is unbalanced is that they banned the only card that could counter this strategy. Anyway, is really unusual to face a deck like this, and I don't think you'll ever face it in a tournament.

15 May 2018 - 07:22 PM

Straightarrow

Rookie Trainer

• Straightarrow

In any TCG, there is a balance: action - counteraction.  Because of the way Pokemon TCG functions we can't activate trap cards or throw an instant on the stack to react to an opponent's effect, but we can set up defenses.  For every effect that does something, there are effects that counter it.  For example:

there are effects that increase damage - there are effects that reduce damage or heal it afterwards

there are effects that apply status conditions - there are effects that remove or prevent them

there are effects that deal damage to benched Pokemon - there are effects that prevent damage to the bench

However, there is a definite imbalance in this game, such as...

N or Red Card - there are no effects to stop an opponent from shuffling your hand

Mars or Delinquent - there are no effects to stop an opponent from discarding from your hand

Field Blower or Crushing Hammer - there are only a few effects to stop an opponent from detaching cards from your field and none are practical for general use

Escape Rope or Lysandre - there are no effects to stop an opponent from swapping your active pokemon

Durant or Houndoom EX -  there are no effects to stop an opponent from milling your deck

When imbalances such as this exist and have not yet been fixed, people take advantage of the situation it is known as an exploit.  That is what the OP faced: an exploit deck.

15 May 2018 - 11:18 PM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

I don't think you'll ever face it in a tournament.

Wait, what? IIRC durant mill got good results in the latest expanded regional.

It's played. You want to know how to play (against) it.

16 May 2018 - 01:29 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Wait, what? IIRC durant mill got good results in the latest expanded regional.

It's played. You want to know how to play (against) it.

Wait.  It did!?!?!?! :o 

WHOOOOOO!!!!  WE are STILL a LIVE!!!!!

Sry.

Which tournament was that, anyway?  I can't seem to find any mentions.

Edited by SuperStone, 16 May 2018 - 10:32 PM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

16 May 2018 - 01:37 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Which tournament was that, anyway?  I can't seem to find any mentions.

Durant got something like 10th in a smaller German Regionals about a month ago.  Maybe we should all tech in a Bunnelby or UPR Oranguru just in case?

16 May 2018 - 01:57 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

However, there is a definite imbalance in this game, such as...

N or Red Card - there are no effects to stop an opponent from shuffling your hand

Mars or Delinquent - there are no effects to stop an opponent from discarding from your hand

Field Blower or Crushing Hammer - there are only a few effects to stop an opponent from detaching cards from your field and none are practical for general use

Escape Rope or Lysandre - there are no effects to stop an opponent from swapping your active pokemon

Durant or Houndoom EX - there are no effects to stop an opponent from milling your deck

When imbalances such as this exist and have not yet been fixed, people take advantage of the situation it is known as an exploit. That is what the OP faced: an exploit deck.

Just because something doesn't have a 'counteraction' doesn't mean it is an exploit. And sometimes the 'counteraction' is not as obvious as 'blocking the effect entirely'.

- Octillery (and Oranguru to a lesser extent) make you semi-immune to a late-game N (including your own).

- No one uses Mars in a competitive sense. She's bad in every sense of the word. Deli is annoying, true. Again, Octillery/Oranguru

- Primal Groudon WAS practical. Was...cuz he's not that great anymore.

- Lysandre (and Guzma) is a balancing mechanic. Without a way to forcefully bring out enemy pokes from the bench, they would just send out ****** mons to take the initial hits while they charge up on the bench without any risk of the enemy suddenly blowing them up. This is the reason why Primal Groudon was playable at all. He takes a day and a half to charge up, but is immune to Lysandre. Therefore, there is nothing stopping him from taking his time and once he has 4 energy on, he can OHKO anything.

- There was a card to counter mill in the past. It's called Lysandre's Trump Card. It's intended purpose was probably to counter Night March but it did more than that. Basically, for a short while mill decks have ZERO chance of winning cuz every non-mill/Night March deck WILL play LTC. And with everyone also playing 4 VS Seeker at that time, it was pretty much impossible to destroy every single LTC and vs seeker in their deck. LTC was banned and some time later Karen replaced it as a Night March counter.

Considering that a mill deck doesn't have a 100% chance of victory (or even has a higher win rate than other meta decks), it's safe to say that mill is not an exploit.

Btw I would also like to point out that pretty much the only skillful thing that BuzzRoc does (apart from general things like deciding on the supporter to use, which cards to discard with ultra ball etc) is to decide where to place 3 damage counters :)

Edited by BowserLuigi, 16 May 2018 - 02:06 AM.

16 May 2018 - 02:04 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Heh, mill decks, Night March decks and a lot of others are pretty annoying to deal with. I made a flaming thread myself, but if you think about it they eventually lose to other decks. For example, Durant mill gets trampled by a single Gardevoir-GX. Cheap attack, and can also “revive” 10 cards. Just make sure that you have nothing on your bench so that you don’t get Counter Catched.

Friendship is magic!

16 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

Toklopo

Senior Trainer

• Toklopo

Heh, mill decks, Night March decks and a lot of others are pretty annoying to deal with. I made a flaming thread myself, but if you think about it they eventually lose to other decks. For example, Durant mill gets trampled by a single Gardevoir-GX. Cheap attack, and can also “revive” 10 cards. Just make sure that you have nothing on your bench so that you don’t get Counter Catched.

That would be 'Counter Caught' or 'Counter Catchered'. 'Catched' is not a word. (Neither is 'catchered' but it makes somewhat sense grammatically in this context.)

Also, Durant will mill out all your rare candies and remove your energies (you need 2 to KO a Durant) and they can recycle their Durants/Mews faster than you can take 6 KOs. 3-4 cards milled per turn will get rid of your deck quite quickly, especially if you have to dig into it yourself to get a Garde out.

Edited by Toklopo, 16 May 2018 - 01:58 PM.

16 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

Buzzwole/lycanroc does have difficulties in beating this mill deck as it has problems OHKOing a durant. You need to have one strong energy (or beast energy) and a diancie on the bench to do this. However, durant decks carry 4 enhanced hammers and you are unlikely to achieve this every turn. Moroever, with the opponent not taking prize cards, you won't be able to activate your beast rings and would have to manually attach 3 energies and this would give enough time for your opponent to discard all your important elements. 

However, certain decks do have advantages against certain decks and this happens in every card game. It is not unfair. A zoroark player may cry: OHKOing me with a single energy? This game is broken, when he encounters your deck. Then probably every deck should be banned then.

I believe that mill decks require far more skill to play than aggressive attacking decks. You need to think ahead and conserve your resources wisely. Moreover, these decks heavily rely on coin flips and draws so despite being annoying, they are fragile at the same time.

16 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

Toklopo

Senior Trainer

• Toklopo

Durant doesn't rely on coinflips though, therefore it's probably one of the most effective mill decks. Bad/god draws affect basically every type of deck.

16 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

That would be 'Counter Caught' or 'Counter Catchered'. 'Catched' is not a word. (Neither is 'catchered' but it makes somewhat sense grammatically in this context.)

Also, Durant will mill out all your rare candies and remove your energies (you need 2 to KO a Durant) and they can recycle their Durants/Mews faster than you can take 6 KOs. 3-4 cards milled per turn will get rid of your deck quite quickly, especially if you have to dig into it yourself to get a Garde out.

That's what Ultra Ball and Skyla is for! As soon as you have a powered Gardie and an empty bench, taking out the Durants is a walk in the park. Dropping down a Silent Lab pretty much EMPs the Mews, too.

Friendship is magic!

16 May 2018 - 11:26 PM

Toklopo

Senior Trainer

• Toklopo

Not sure why you'd play Silent Lab in Garde over Parallel but whatevs.

Sooo, Durant...Just park a Trashalanche Garbodor in front of them, problem solved. Garb Toolbox is still sort of good in Expanded.

Edited by Toklopo, 16 May 2018 - 11:27 PM.

20 May 2018 - 06:15 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

This isn't fair.

BAHAHAHA  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Spoiler

Edited by The_Real_Bug, 20 May 2018 - 06:16 AM.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads