Tapu-Lele GX

• Please log in to reply

11 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

lucasdan88

Rookie Trainer

• lucasdan88

I would like to trade for a Tapu Lele GX.
How many packs do I need to have for this trade?

11 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
For a regular art copy, I’d say about 23 Guardians Rising packs.

Friendship is magic!

11 May 2018 - 06:09 PM

lucasdan88

Rookie Trainer

• lucasdan88

And if I don't have 23 Guardians Rising for trade? I have 32 of random boosters. What can I do?

11 May 2018 - 07:44 PM

RedGhost_

Novice Trainer

• RedGhost_

And if I don't have 23 Guardians Rising for trade? I have 32 of random boosters. What can I do?

You should attempt to trade them towards cards that you can convert into future GR packs.

Ex astris, Scientia.

11 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

1.  You probably know, but with the current meta-game, Tapu Lele GX is one of the most popular cards that players trade for.  Because of that, its price stays relatively stable.  And for most people, it's expensive too.

2.  Guardians Rising (currently) is the de facto "currency standard" among the different packs.  That's because, (1) Tapu Lele comes from that set, and (2) a lot of players spend their day "flipping cards" for one or two packs "profit" here and there, and they get accustomed to other players commonly "pricing" things with GRI.  It was Roaring Skies prior to that, because of Shaymin EX.  The most recent set usually holds the same value as Guardians Rising, until about 1/2 way through the 3-month cycle for new sets.  That is currently Forbidden Light.

3.  I've experimented with getting Tapu Lele from Public Offers with other packs.  It does in fact work many times, but you have to come close to the current value before someone will accept it, or maybe even 24 value (depending on the pack's demand).  Here are the common "currency values" from a popular price guide (google OU7C4ST).  If you calculate your packs, using this as a rough guide, you'll have an idea where you currently stand.

Forbidden Light 1.0 (my value guess)

UltraPrism 0.75

Crimson Invasion 0.5

​Shining Legends 1.0

Burning Shadows 0.66

​Guardians Rising 1.0
Sun & Moon 0.5
Evolutions 0.25
Steam Siege 0.33
Fates Collide​ 0.33
Generations 0.75
BreakPoint 0.5
BreakThrough 0.5
Ancient Origins 0.5
Roaring Skies 0.66
Primal Clash 0.5
Phantom Forces 0.5
Furious Fists 0.33
FlashFire 0.5
XY Base 0.5

P.S.  Nothing is for certain when trading.  Don't believe otherwise.  It's a game, and you should play around with it until all the pieces fall together for you.  Have fun.

Edited by RobRatt, 12 May 2018 - 04:18 AM.

14 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Langer_skate

Rookie Trainer

• Langer_skate

theres' a few community pages out there that outline the values of cards.

ou7c4st has a good values page somewhere

Edited by Langer_skate, 14 May 2018 - 03:51 PM.