Post game logs here! Electrode (EVO#40) "Buzzap Thunder" Ability occasionally soft locks the game.

• Please log in to reply

10 May 2018 - 11:10 PM

Mod_Turtle

• Mod_Turtle
Hello Everyone!

It has been discovered that occasionally the game will soft lock if Electrode (EVO#40) uses its Ability "Buzzap Thunder". This usually happens after selecting the Pokémon you wish to attach Electrode to. We understand this issue is frustrating and would like to reach out to the community to help track down the cause. If you experience this issue and have a game log to provide, please feel free to post your game log in this thread or you can submit your game log to the support team by clicking the support portal link in my signature. This issue seems to be a bit random on when it decides to soft lock the game so hopefully if we can get a few more game logs rounded up we can solve this!

XY12_EN_40.png

Thank you for your help!

Moderator Turtle
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
“Shello, how may I help you today?”

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

12 May 2018 - 12:57 AM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

No it doesn`t

This soft lock issue been here for awhile was hoping to be fixed long time ago.

But there are random soft lock issues at random point of the game...which cause 1 side or both sides to soft lock, in attempt to place a card down.

This major issue must be fixed, because many times people are winning ended up getting soft lock.

Impossible record logs as it happen too random.

Edited by sterlingW, 12 May 2018 - 12:57 AM.

Pokemon Trading Card Online Early Closed Beta Tester

Pokemon Trading Card  Favorite Game Style : Unlimited Format

From Pokemon TCGO (Flash Player) Beta Test to Pokemon TCGO (Unity 3D) Beta Test

12 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

No it *******

**** doesn't do what?

I've been using this card in all my lightning KO and damage challenges without any problems for months. I'm even using it more, trying to get this to happen.

Though I have to agree that posting a log might be "a bit difficult" if the game crashes.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

15 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

Mod_Turtle

• Mod_Turtle

Hello sterlingW,

Thank you for your input on this! This issue has been happening for a while now and it does seem fairly random on what all might make it happen. This thread was not intended to sound as though this was just discovered but more to round up information about a trending topic. We have been keeping our eye on the forums and noticed a few Buzzap instances that have popped up recently. The overall goal was to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue but I do understand that asking for game logs was a bit of a stretch considering the game freezes. We do value your input and any help you can provide about this or any other issues you have in game is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Moderator Turtle
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
“Shello, how may I help you today?”

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

15 May 2018 - 11:39 PM

SingingFlyEx

Junior Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

Have you considered letting the client save the game log after every move?

If it crashes we could get some ptcgo-current-game.log file in a known place.

This could help with those oops-forgot-to-save-log moments too.

16 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Vvardim

Rookie Trainer

• Vvardim

Personally, I've managed to get the game log because that was not something like the screen which actually freezed, but the game progress, it wasn't possible to make an action, play a card, or even forfeit.

The game was like stuck in an in-between turn but none of both me or the opponent were asked to do something, and our timers were freezed.