A letter to the devs

• Please log in to reply

08 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
I’ll be honest... If I was a Moderator, Admin, TPCi or whoever represents authority... I’ll keep way clear of this topic, it sounds (reads? looks?) like a full-on flaming session.

This looks fun, I’m eager to see how things will develop.

Friendship is magic!

09 May 2018 - 12:01 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

The Pokémon Company International is a for-profit corporation.  It's not a philanthropic venture.  As such, if players (customers) ask for better service, accurate and timely answers, or improved features in the game, shouldn't that be expected?  And encouraged?  Maybe even sought out?

Since there's a Game Feedback section, I hope no one thinks every statement will be blowing warm wind up their skirts.  Until they've reached perfection, maybe they expect some negative feedback on occasion?  Again, and welcome it?  Let's hope they don't take constructive criticism of a game's features personally.

I think most players treat Staff and the Mods with respect (at least from what I've seen).  I'm not sure why someone jumped into the mix, and says, "Don't question them.  It's immature and ignorant."  That's just silly to suggest.  Asking for details, improvements, and questions about the game, is not a personal attack on anyone, and I'm still uncertain why that attitude was introduced.

But all of this gets far, far away from @Sadra's original thoughts.  They DID promise X, by Y.  And communication should be better.  It's only human nature to say, "Hey, what's up with that?"  He, or any player, should be able to ask unashamedly.

Edited by RobRatt, 09 May 2018 - 06:58 AM.

09 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

The Pokémon Company International is a for-profit corporation.  It's not a philanthropic venture.  As such, if players (customers) ask for better service, accurate and timely answers, or improved features in the game, shouldn't that be expected?  And encouraged?  Maybe even sought out?

Since there's a Game Feedback section, I hope no one thinks every statement will be blowing warm wind up their skirts.  Until they've reached perfection, maybe they expect some negative feedback on occasion?  Again, and welcome it?  Let's hope they don't take constructive criticism of a game's features personally.

I think most players treat Staff and the Mods with respect (at least from what I've seen).  I'm not sure why someone jumped into the mix, and says, "Don't question them.  It's immature and ignorant."  That's just silly to suggest.  Asking for details, improvements, and questions about the game, is not a personal attack on anyone, and I'm still uncertain why that attitude was introduced.

But all of this gets far, far away from @Sadra's original thoughts.  They DID promise X, by Y.  And communication should be better.  It's only human nature to say, "Hey, what's up with that?"  He, or any player, should be able to ask unashamedly.

The main problem now is that the devs are, in my opinion, actually reluctant to make the game better. Starting from 1995, the game and its franchise have only grown bigger and bigger and I certainly do not question their ability to stand out of market competition and their wisdom in new product development. What I believe now is that since this is the platform that they use to attract new players to the physical card game, they are limiting their budget they spend on this game and more importantly, making it good enough for play testing but definitely not good enough as the real card game. This, from a marketing perspective is a smart move as it is definitely cheaper than playing the real card game and even if they make this a profit-making format, they will never earn as much as they earn now. 

Things like removing the chat, trophies, and leaving the collection statistics not working are definitely aimed at removing the key features of the card game so that  one can never gain the satisfaction of playing the real card game. 

I again, write these down with a respectful heart with no offence to any moderators. 

Edited by Sadra, 09 May 2018 - 11:26 AM.

09 May 2018 - 11:27 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

I’ll be honest... If I was a Moderator, Admin, TPCi or whoever represents authority... I’ll keep way clear of this topic, it sounds (reads? looks?) like a full-on flaming session.

This looks fun, I’m eager to see how things will develop.

It is not fun, at least for me, its quite sad. 

09 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

DM_Nightshade

Junior Trainer

• DM_Nightshade
I can't agree more with this letter..... i first played pokemon TCG during the XY Era . I discover it by playing it Online only . Back then there was special bundle , with Nice gameplay feature such box and sleeves even outfit. Then I dont know why they started to re-release those instead of creating new ones... for the sun and moon era I started to buy real card and i'm now going to local store and play in a league. But I felt the game online is just there to test deck and is not fun anymore...they removed Everyhing!!! No more legacy (I dont know how i will finish those legacy deck I started now there is no way to get em! The even removed those bundle pack
.. The game.isn't evolving... it just became flat and dull!! It still a good tool for me as a league challenger but otherwise I dont know why people would play it. Pokemon TCG Online Need a V2.0 from menu to trade and how the tournament works everythjng should be rethink amd improve.

Edited by DM_Nightshade, 09 May 2018 - 12:54 PM.

09 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

Crystal719

Rookie Trainer

• Crystal719

The main problem now is that the devs are, in my opinion, actually reluctant to make the game better. Starting from 1995, the game and its franchise have only grown bigger and bigger and I certainly do not question their ability to stand out of market competition and their wisdom in new product development. What I believe now is that since this is the platform that they use to attract new players to the physical card game, they are limiting their budget they spend on this game and more importantly, making it good enough for play testing but definitely not good enough as the real card game. This, from a marketing perspective is a smart move as it is definitely cheaper than playing the real card game and even if they make this a profit-making format, they will never earn as much as they earn now. 

Things like removing the chat, trophies, and leaving the collection statistics not working are definitely aimed at removing the key features of the card game so that  one can never gain the satisfaction of playing the real card game. 

I again, write these down with a respectful heart with no offence to any moderators. 

Sounds ridiculous at first but makes a lot more sense after thinking. Did not know trophies were removed and collection stats were not working though. 

Not just the online game, the real cards are getting worse too. I think that there are just rushing out packs and shoving poorly designed cards to customers. The artwork is also, sigh, unbelievably bad. 

09 May 2018 - 05:42 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

It is not fun, at least for me, its quite sad. 

I meant that the flaming session itself looks fun. The online TCG's state is rather sad, as you said. I guess that you're right about RL TCG being more profitable to TPCi...

Friendship is magic!

11 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902

Sounds ridiculous at first but makes a lot more sense after thinking. Did not know trophies were removed and collection stats were not working though. 

Not just the online game, the real cards are getting worse too. I think that there are just rushing out packs and shoving poorly designed cards to customers. The artwork is also, sigh, unbelievably bad.

Sadly, that's also what I see. The real cards get worse and worse. I have since a half year my Gardevoir GX deck and just updated it now with Cynthia. This and Buzzwole and Zoroark GX are the only useful cards of the last 3 expansions. It's really sad. As I began to play last year it seems to be the best time to play. Now it gets boring. Maybe because Gardevoir GX is by far the strongest card ever made. And thanks to garchomp ultra prisma the meta changed into my favor (dragon is weak to fairy). Maybe someone could think it is cool to win every match, but tbh it gets boring very fast. I am only losing to very bad hands which even god can't win and to the random disconnects.

The cake is a lie!

12 May 2018 - 02:59 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

I do agree on your point stating the card designs are getting worse. I do believe that more effort has been spent in the early days on card designs and artwork, especially during the wizards of the coast period. 

12 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Well, the "one GX attack per game" rule certainly did last a long time....

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

12 May 2018 - 04:38 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Well, the "one GX attack per game" rule certainly did last a long time....

At least that card is well-balanced

13 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

The artwork is also, sigh, unbelievably bad. 

Y'think?  I dunno.  Have you seen the original era cards?  Mos of them are... Well...  Half-baked.  Now, the TCG certainly has had some changes to it's art style.  And different people will definitely like different styles better.  However, I think SuMo is the best since early B&W, and that goes back a long ways before my next favorite.

Edited by SuperStone, 13 May 2018 - 02:30 PM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

18 May 2018 - 10:59 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
Oh wonder... It's so unexpected, that they don't react and aren't interested in our opinion ;(

The cake is a lie!

18 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi Eden2902, 

We are sorry you feel that way. We can assure you that we care and the feedback in this thread has already been sent to our development team for further consideration. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

20 May 2018 - 09:40 PM

ChallengerBart

Rookie Trainer

• ChallengerBart

Hi Eden2902, 

We are sorry you feel that way. We can assure you that we care and the feedback in this thread has already been sent to our development team for further consideration. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Could you add more of those legacy cards to buy? I think there is currently one or two decks and then one booster pack with cards that I recognize from my 1999 youth :') Would be nice to see more! And when I read that there were actual legacy tournaments one day in history, I felt like; "I want that!" I'm hella new, just played a few days, but legacy pokemon, that's why I even play; the nostalgia!