Garchomp/Lucario/Zoroark

• Please log in to reply

25 April 2018 - 11:46 PM

LordCharizardX

Trainer

• LordCharizardX
I've been playing since Ultra Prism, but with the release of the Fighting type Garchomp, this is what my list will look like once everything rolls into legal play, any critiques?

Cynthia Deck 2.0:

Pokemon:20

4 Gible (ULP) (Rock Hiding)
2 Gible (ULP)
3 Garchomp (FBL)
1 Garchomp (BKP)
2 Riolu (ULP)
2 Lucario (ULP)
2 Zorua (SHL)
2 Zoroark-GX (SHL)
1 Tapu Lele-GX (GUR)
1 Diancie Prism Star (FBL)

Items:18

4 Ultra Ball (SUM)
3 Rare Candy (SUM)
2 Choice Band (GUR)
2 Field Blower (GUR)
2 Pal Pad (ULP)
2 Rescue Stretcher (GUR)
1 Evosoda (GEN)
1 Float Stone (BKT)
1 Special Charge (STS)

Supporters:12

4 Cynthia (ULP)
3 N (FAC)
2 Brigette (BKT)
2 Guzma (BUS)
1 Professor Sycamore (BKP)

Stadiums:2

2 Parallel City (BKT)

Energy:8

4 Double Colorless Energy (EVO)
4 Strong Energy (FAC)

26 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

It seems good, theoretically.

Maybe you go with too much pokémon and too low energies. Actually you could almost know how will work but for the Diancie and the Garchomp being dragon. Then imagine a bit.

One of the strong points of Garch-Lucario is the prize exchange, 3 to 6 most of the times. A lot of lists don't even play Lele and add an Octillery for example. So this would be a different way to make the deck.

The Zoroark draw engine is great, but this same deck represents the reinforcement of fighting types still more, in the next set, Buzzwole GX, Lycanroc GX, Lucario GX, the new Garchomp line, Buzzwole UBeast, Diancie PS, Zygarde GX (that can  use more than one GX per game)... I mean, Zoroark is being strongly replaced in tournaments and will suffer still a bit more next week onwards. And 2-2 it's the right consistent line but, it's a lot of space. The Lucario engine for any card should be the motor of the deck. And all this is mainly because worried about the energies, although Zoroark+ Lucario should get you a lot of drawing power.

If you tested a previous dragon list and works, then no worries.

A second Lele, to this deck needing Cynthia so much, would come really handy. Random receiver would be another option. Next weird idea would be Mr Mime BKT to protect bench.

Focussing into the deck, I would replace one R stretcher for a Super rod. Escape board have always been a choice for Garchomp-Lucario for obvious reasons but, including Zoroark, the float is the right movement.

A third Guzma would be a nice addition.

Anyway, without testing, the deck looks great itself as long as you can get the energies, and with so much draw power per turn, I hope this won't be a problem.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

28 April 2018 - 02:20 AM

LordCharizardX

Trainer

• LordCharizardX
I initially went with the 3-6 prize exchange idea, but I was getting so severely outsped that something needs to change, I can’t even run Brooklet Hill because it hurts me much more than helps me.

To add Super Rod I would also need to add some basic energy otherwise no real reason to swap ‘em, any ideas how you would go about it? You make a good point about Zoroark-GX, for the same reason as Brooklet Hill being so risky.

28 April 2018 - 03:16 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

It seems good, theoretically.

Maybe you go with too much pokémon and too low energies. Actually you could almost know how will work but for the Diancie and the Garchomp being dragon. Then imagine a bit.

One of the strong points of Garch-Lucario is the prize exchange, 3 to 6 most of the times. A lot of lists don't even play Lele and add an Octillery for example. So this would be a different way to make the deck.

The Zoroark draw engine is great, but this same deck represents the reinforcement of fighting types still more, in the next set, Buzzwole GX, Lycanroc GX, Lucario GX, the new Garchomp line, Buzzwole UBeast, Diancie PS, Zygarde GX (that can  use more than one GX per game)... I mean, Zoroark is being strongly replaced in tournaments and will suffer still a bit more next week onwards. And 2-2 it's the right consistent line but, it's a lot of space. The Lucario engine for any card should be the motor of the deck. And all this is mainly because worried about the energies, although Zoroark+ Lucario should get you a lot of drawing power.

If you tested a previous dragon list and works, then no worries.

A second Lele, to this deck needing Cynthia so much, would come really handy. Random receiver would be another option. Next weird idea would be Mr Mime BKT to protect bench.

Focussing into the deck, I would replace one R stretcher for a Super rod. Escape board have always been a choice for Garchomp-Lucario for obvious reasons but, including Zoroark, the float is the right movement.

A third Guzma would be a nice addition.

Anyway, without testing, the deck looks great itself as long as you can get the energies, and with so much draw power per turn, I hope this won't be a problem.

Thank you, Chasista! You are always around to give players some valuable feedback. 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

29 April 2018 - 10:00 PM

gunmetal

Trainer

• gunmetal
Replace one prism garchomp with another breakpoink garchomp its one energy 60 damage put any and I mean ANY ! Energy attack from your discard pile to a pokemon on your bench is too good to only have one of you put pressure on your opponent with the breakpoint garchomp while powering up your prism garchomp on your bench

Edited by gunmetal, 29 April 2018 - 10:03 PM.

16 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

LordCharizardX

Trainer

• LordCharizardX
I really am gonna miss that Garchomp come September, but I plan on forging ahead with it, my only problem is deciding what to replace Puzzle of Time and Evosoda with, :/

17 June 2018 - 03:01 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
Garchomp doesn’t care about September 1.
Garchomp will still be strong!

The problem is your Garchomp deck is built poorly.
The strong Garchomp decks don’t use your deck list for the Current Standard Format.
Your Deck list has a lot of errors.
The Forbidden Light Garchomp line is better than the Ultra Prisma Garchomp line.
You should consider using the Forbidden Light Pokémon!
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

17 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

LordCharizardX

Trainer

• LordCharizardX
Oh I absndoned the Zoroark line days after posting, and the dragon types were never anything but placeholders just so I could play it until the fighting type came out, my Pokemon lineup is currently:

4 Gible (FBL)
2 Gabite (FBL)
4 Garchomp (FBL)
2 Riolu
2 Lucario
1 Tapu Lele-GX
1 Diancie Prism Star
1 Alolan Vulpix

My biggest problem is deciding what to swap out the 4 Puzzles and 2 Evosodas I’m running.

18 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
Your previous Garchomp Deck was bad.
People told you it was good to make you feel good, but they was lying to you.
They wasn’t being truthful!
Look at all the mistakes in your deck list!

They lie to you and say it is good.
You go to versus and people stomp you into the ground like a cockroach.
They didn’t help you by being nice & lying to you.
They only hurt you!

I’m going to tell you the truth.
Your deck list from April is bad!
Your Pokémon line up you posted yesterday is bad!

The Garchomp decks are not running the #’s your running.
I will post to you 1 strong Garchomp Pokémon line up:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 4 Gible FLI 60
* 2 Riolu UPR 66
* 2 Gabite FLI 61
* 2 Lucario UPR 67
* 3 Garchomp FLI 62
* 1 Garchomp BKP 70
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Remoraid BKT 31
* 1 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

Do you see the difference?
You can instantly tell how much better it is from your previous Pokémon line up’s!

Zoroark & Oranguru are poor people draw supporting Pokémon!
Octillery is the King!
Zoroark & Oranguru can’t do what Octillery can do!
Look at the pure draw power coming off that Pokémon!
Smokin Hot!

In addition, you are not using the Stadiums Brooklyn Hill!
Terrible!
Look at all the mistakes.

Brooklyn Hill can bring out any basic water or fighting Pokémon!
Remoraid, Gible, Riolu, & Diancie
All 4 Pokémon with a single Stadium!
Look at the pure deck thinning power coming off that Stadium!

Next, your ratio’s are bad!
Your previous deck had 3 Rare Candy + 1 Evosoda??
Your statement yesterday said you need to replace 2 Evosoda???
Bad! Bad! BAD!

Your deck should have 4 Evosoda & 1-2 Rare Candy.
Why?
Rare Candy needs 2 specific cards to work.
Evosoda needs nothing! It always works.

Gible > Rare Candy > Garchomp
Can you use Rare Candy on Riolu?
Can you use Rare Candy on Remoraid?
Can you use Rare Candy on Zorou?
None of them are stage 2 which means your 3-4 Rare Candies are dead draws the majority of the time.

Now make a change!
Use 4 Evosoda’s instead, what Pokémon doesn’t benefit from that card?
All the Pokémon I listed above benefit!
It is never a dead card.
This is why they play 4 Evosoda and only 1-2 Rare Candy!

Now here is a tricky question:
Why use Rare Candies in your deck at all?
Why do they use 1-2 Rare Candies?
They are using 4 Evosoda so what is the logic behind the 1-2 Rare Candies?

The goal of your deck is to get 1 Garchomp + 1 Lucario on your field as soon as possible!
The 4 Evosoda job is to make that happen!

Once, you have Garchomp + Lucario set up.
Your Lucario begins to bring any specific card you want to your hand!
Oh, Snap! Any Specific card to hand!!

What is better than 1 Garchomp on your field? 2 Garchomps!
How do you think we going to make 2nd Garchomp?
Are we going to use the long way Gible > Gabite > Garchomp?
Or are we going to skip a step?

Remember, Lucario is now bringing any specific card to my hand!
Oh, Snap! Did he say Any Specific card to Hand?
Yep!

You see this is how I know your deck list is bad!
If it was good, you would be upset about replacing 4 evosoda, not 2!
If it was good, you would be upset about replacing Octillery, not puzzles!

Oh, the loss of the Octillery hurts!
I rotate out my Tapu Lele if they would let us keep Octillery.
Roster Anything, but the Octillery!
The pain!
It is said that if Gengar is hiding, it cools the area by nearly 10 degrees Fahrenheit.

18 June 2018 - 01:17 AM

LordCharizardX

Trainer

• LordCharizardX
That’s because, as my post stated, I was asking about Pokemon lineups and what to swap Puzzle of Time and Evosoda for, as in asking about how to move forward post-rotation, or “planning ahead” so to speak, and no one told me that idea from April was good, lol.

Hope this helps, :) :)

18 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
I already answered your questions, Silly

The good Garchomp decks don’t need to use Puzzle of Time.
- Puzzles of Time performs better in decks that do a lot of stacking or self-milling.
Garchomp isn’t made to be played that way.

The reason you was using Puzzles of Time in April was because you ran Zoroark.
Puzzles of Time Combos well with Zoroark Ability Trade!
You don’t have Zoroark in your Pokémon line up any more which means you don’t need the Puzzles.

However, if you feel like using them, The closest card to replace Puzzles of Time is Mallow.

As for Evosoda, You can’t replace it.
Your just going to have to compensate for the loss by running 4x Rare Candy.

19 June 2018 - 04:17 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
^ Actually the reason Puzzles are played in Garchomp/Lucario is because the Garchomps tend to get easily knocked out. And it can recycle Cynthias in a pinch (though pal pad can do the latter just fine). However, puzzles are not compulsory, and you should be just fine without them.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 19 June 2018 - 04:17 AM.

19 June 2018 - 09:42 AM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan

There are lots of good replies here! It’s always nice to see the community helping each other!

Moderator Rowan
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

19 June 2018 - 08:19 PM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay
LordCharizard, you should listen to BowserLuigi!
Bowserluigi is 100% right on this!
Puzzle of time is no good!
The reason they use it has never been that good.

4 Puzzles in your deck VS 1 Pal Pad + 3 Extra Deck Slots.

Take the 1 Pal Pad & 3 Extra Deck Slots and run girl!
The rotation is helping you out.

23 June 2018 - 06:14 PM

LordCharizardX

Trainer

• LordCharizardX

I already answered your questions, Silly
The good Garchomp decks don’t need to use Puzzle of Time.
- Puzzles of Time performs better in decks that do a lot of stacking or self-milling.
Garchomp isn’t made to be played that way.
The reason you was using Puzzles of Time in April was because you ran Zoroark.
Puzzles of Time Combos well with Zoroark Ability Trade!
You don’t have Zoroark in your Pokémon line up any more which means you don’t need the Puzzles.
However, if you feel like using them, The closest card to replace Puzzles of Time is Mallow.
As for Evosoda, You can’t replace it.
Your just going to have to compensate for the loss by running 4x Rare Candy.

Except that you haven’t, lol, one question and opinion still goes unanswered, :P

And the gist of my primary question is:

What, out the currently released/anticipated card pool, would be optimal to run post rotation?

And Pal Pad is great, but as has been pointed out, Garchomp konks pretty easily, and so it is easy to turn off Lucario’s effect, and Garbodor is still a favorite locally, too, both of these reduce Pal Pad’s grabbing Cynthia down to random draws, so while Puzzle may not be mandatory or “staple”, it is an excellent emergency reset button.

24 June 2018 - 04:53 AM

Player_Jay

Veteran Trainer

• Player_Jay

Except that you haven’t, lol, one question and opinion still goes unanswered, :P
And the gist of my primary question is:
What, out the currently released/anticipated card pool, would be optimal to run post rotation?
And Pal Pad is great, but as has been pointed out, Garchomp konks pretty easily, and so it is easy to turn off Lucario’s effect, and Garbodor is still a favorite locally, too, both of these reduce Pal Pad’s grabbing Cynthia down to random draws, so while Puzzle may not be mandatory or “staple”, it is an excellent emergency reset button.

Ability locking Garbodor is rotating out of Standard!
I think you will be fine!
Pal Pad for the win!
You got this!
You go girl!

Edited by Player_Jay, 24 June 2018 - 04:54 AM.