Garchomp/Lucario/Zoroark

• Please log in to reply

25 April 2018 - 11:46 PM

LordCharizardX

Trainer

• LordCharizardX
I've been playing since Ultra Prism, but with the release of the Fighting type Garchomp, this is what my list will look like once everything rolls into legal play, any critiques?

Cynthia Deck 2.0:

Pokemon:20

4 Gible (ULP) (Rock Hiding)
2 Gible (ULP)
3 Garchomp (FBL)
1 Garchomp (BKP)
2 Riolu (ULP)
2 Lucario (ULP)
2 Zorua (SHL)
2 Zoroark-GX (SHL)
1 Tapu Lele-GX (GUR)
1 Diancie Prism Star (FBL)

Items:18

4 Ultra Ball (SUM)
3 Rare Candy (SUM)
2 Choice Band (GUR)
2 Field Blower (GUR)
2 Pal Pad (ULP)
2 Rescue Stretcher (GUR)
1 Evosoda (GEN)
1 Float Stone (BKT)
1 Special Charge (STS)

Supporters:12

4 Cynthia (ULP)
3 N (FAC)
2 Brigette (BKT)
2 Guzma (BUS)
1 Professor Sycamore (BKP)

Stadiums:2

2 Parallel City (BKT)

Energy:8

4 Double Colorless Energy (EVO)
4 Strong Energy (FAC)

26 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

It seems good, theoretically.

Maybe you go with too much pokémon and too low energies. Actually you could almost know how will work but for the Diancie and the Garchomp being dragon. Then imagine a bit.

One of the strong points of Garch-Lucario is the prize exchange, 3 to 6 most of the times. A lot of lists don't even play Lele and add an Octillery for example. So this would be a different way to make the deck.

The Zoroark draw engine is great, but this same deck represents the reinforcement of fighting types still more, in the next set, Buzzwole GX, Lycanroc GX, Lucario GX, the new Garchomp line, Buzzwole UBeast, Diancie PS, Zygarde GX (that can  use more than one GX per game)... I mean, Zoroark is being strongly replaced in tournaments and will suffer still a bit more next week onwards. And 2-2 it's the right consistent line but, it's a lot of space. The Lucario engine for any card should be the motor of the deck. And all this is mainly because worried about the energies, although Zoroark+ Lucario should get you a lot of drawing power.

If you tested a previous dragon list and works, then no worries.

A second Lele, to this deck needing Cynthia so much, would come really handy. Random receiver would be another option. Next weird idea would be Mr Mime BKT to protect bench.

Focussing into the deck, I would replace one R stretcher for a Super rod. Escape board have always been a choice for Garchomp-Lucario for obvious reasons but, including Zoroark, the float is the right movement.

A third Guzma would be a nice addition.

Anyway, without testing, the deck looks great itself as long as you can get the energies, and with so much draw power per turn, I hope this won't be a problem.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

28 April 2018 - 02:20 AM

LordCharizardX

Trainer

• LordCharizardX
I initially went with the 3-6 prize exchange idea, but I was getting so severely outsped that something needs to change, I can’t even run Brooklet Hill because it hurts me much more than helps me.

To add Super Rod I would also need to add some basic energy otherwise no real reason to swap ‘em, any ideas how you would go about it? You make a good point about Zoroark-GX, for the same reason as Brooklet Hill being so risky.

28 April 2018 - 03:16 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

It seems good, theoretically.

Maybe you go with too much pokémon and too low energies. Actually you could almost know how will work but for the Diancie and the Garchomp being dragon. Then imagine a bit.

One of the strong points of Garch-Lucario is the prize exchange, 3 to 6 most of the times. A lot of lists don't even play Lele and add an Octillery for example. So this would be a different way to make the deck.

The Zoroark draw engine is great, but this same deck represents the reinforcement of fighting types still more, in the next set, Buzzwole GX, Lycanroc GX, Lucario GX, the new Garchomp line, Buzzwole UBeast, Diancie PS, Zygarde GX (that can  use more than one GX per game)... I mean, Zoroark is being strongly replaced in tournaments and will suffer still a bit more next week onwards. And 2-2 it's the right consistent line but, it's a lot of space. The Lucario engine for any card should be the motor of the deck. And all this is mainly because worried about the energies, although Zoroark+ Lucario should get you a lot of drawing power.

If you tested a previous dragon list and works, then no worries.

A second Lele, to this deck needing Cynthia so much, would come really handy. Random receiver would be another option. Next weird idea would be Mr Mime BKT to protect bench.

Focussing into the deck, I would replace one R stretcher for a Super rod. Escape board have always been a choice for Garchomp-Lucario for obvious reasons but, including Zoroark, the float is the right movement.

A third Guzma would be a nice addition.

Anyway, without testing, the deck looks great itself as long as you can get the energies, and with so much draw power per turn, I hope this won't be a problem.

Thank you, Chasista! You are always around to give players some valuable feedback. 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

29 April 2018 - 10:00 PM

gunmetal

Trainer

• gunmetal
Replace one prism garchomp with another breakpoink garchomp its one energy 60 damage put any and I mean ANY ! Energy attack from your discard pile to a pokemon on your bench is too good to only have one of you put pressure on your opponent with the breakpoint garchomp while powering up your prism garchomp on your bench

Edited by gunmetal, 29 April 2018 - 10:03 PM.