New Player Budget Deck (Galisopod-GX)

• Please log in to reply

18 April 2018 - 07:04 AM

DaigoLukas

Rookie Trainer

• DaigoLukas

Hello Everybody,

I recently started playing this Game and made my first Deck out of my Cards.

I was lucky to get Golisopod GX and Venusaur EX so a Leaf deck it is, my first Build.

I can do pretty good for a Newbie and tried to cover the holes in my Deck.

Atm I play versus Standart to get the 2nd Solgaleo GX around 600 points

Pro:

- it's cheap

- it wins

- selfcraft

- fun and fast (I win alot in turn 1-2 with Phase1 Pokemon if my Opponent is slow)

Con:

- only 1 Base 1 Gx,... weak point! (Get stuck in Prize Cards or defeated on Bench before Evolution)

- no Switch cards or mechanic, I use 1cost retreat Pokemons

- real Decks wreck me hard (3GX turn 3 +3 supps)

Decklist in German (will post English)

Spoiler

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 21

* 2 Stufful GRI 112
* 2 Taillow GRI 103
* 1 Type: Null UPR 115
* 2 Yungoos UPR 112
* 2 Bewear GRI 113
* 2 Gumshoos UPR 113
* 1 Swellow GRI 104
* 2 Chikorita BKP 1
* 1 Heracross BUS 11
* 1 Venusaur-EX EVO 1
* 1 Wimpod BUS 16
* 1 Bayleef BKP 2
* 1 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 1 Meganium BKP 3
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 23

* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
* 2 Looker UPR 126
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 2 Tierno BKP 112
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 16

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 12 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

So I wanted to ask if a kind sould could have a look and help me Improve my Deck.

Thank you very much

Edited by DaigoLukas, 18 April 2018 - 07:09 AM.

18 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

Knowing it's a starter deck, still can be improved here and there.

Try to get thicker lines of pokémon. It's hard to get the card or the evolution you need when you only have one through a whole +40 cards.

The not very useful pokémon you should think to remove first could be Meganium and Swellow lines. With that space, add more trainers (around 30-34). You won't need so much pokémon most of the times and will be easier to pull what you need if you don't have so much Evolution lines. Seven extra trainers will help you get the important ones earlier. Get accustomed as your collection increases to 12-15 pokémon, 28-34 trainers, 8-14 energies ratios.

Fast changes for present deck

Remove

2 Tierno

2 Looker

2 Timer ball (flip coin lucky based, bad business haha )

2 P Center lady

Add (I'm quite sure when you start the game you have all those in collection or even more copies of some)

3 N

2 Sycamore

2 Ultra ball

1 spot for anything else, like another N, UB or a Nest ball and if you have 4 UB, add the 4, removing 1 basic energy.

Just with that, the deck should flow better. It's hard to understand the habit of discarding what you have in hand with Sycamore, when starting the game. With the time, you realize that, if you add enough copies of your pokémon and evo lines, a fresh new 7 cards hand is so powerful that worth to discard some valuable resources now and then, that a lot of times you can recover anyway, later.

Harder to manage tho with thin 1 copy lines so up to you to use Sycamore or not.

Useful cards in Standard format for any deck are:

Guzma (tier 1 decks run 3-4 lately)

Acerola, sometimes

Brigette if the Lele+Supporter combo (for the future)

Float stone
Choice band
Puzzle of time (need to include 4!)
Field blower
Max elixir
Enhanced hammer

Special charge

Rescue stretcher

Super rod

Evosoda

Fighting fury belt (for basic pokémon ONLY)

Rare candy

Switch

Energy loto, Energy switch, Multi switch

Depens on every deck.

Check Competitive decks to see how they are built. You can see some here:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/

Being a starter deck, looks quite good anyway. Good job.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

19 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

DaigoLukas

Rookie Trainer

• DaigoLukas
Thank you very much for your guidance!

Yesterday I was opening 12boosters (from the trainer challenge) and got myself a 2nd Wimpod.
I will take your advice and switch the weak lines Trainers.
Chicorita was a leftover from the creation, being a Leaf deck and all.

I will check my Cards later and see which one I have and which are still missing.

And I got one more question: what is the best way to get the cards I am missing?
I got 2k coins saved up atm.
Should I spend them on Boosterpacks and try to trade?
I got no tradeable packs. Only Dialga-GX seems to be worth something.

I will complete the Last Trainer challenge (got all packs from Gold and Plat) and hope to get some good cards.
Versus is going good I get 4-5 winstreaks and got the 2nd Solgaleo-GX.

Thank you very much.

Update: here is the new List
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Kangaskhan SUM 99
* 1 Miltank CIN 78
* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Stufful GRI 112
* 1 Type: Null UPR 115
* 2 Bewear GRI 113
* 1 Heracross BUS 11
* 1 Venusaur-EX EVO 1
* 2 Wimpod BUS 16
* 1 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Wally ROS 94
* 2 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 N DEX 96
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 1 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Professor Kukui SUM 128
* 2 Switch BLW 104

##Energy - 16

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 12 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I tried to get a tanky Frontline in and maybe some healing for my Golisopod.
I feel like I need to keep it alive for as long as possible.
the Oranguru should help and the Kangashan may help vs Phase1/2 Pokemon
I found the Heavy Ball to be my favorite, didn't know I had 2 ;)
Gladio is my Backup to retrieve my GX if it's a Prize card and gives me an all around better usage then the Map.
And I use Wally as an extra Evo-Soda

Update2:
-1 leaf Energy
+Town Map

Didn't know how Gladio actually works,... ;) I had one Horror game with Golisopod being a prize card and not getting
any take downs. Hopefully Map+Gladio helps me with this.

Edited by DaigoLukas, 19 April 2018 - 10:57 AM.

19 April 2018 - 11:29 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

Best way to get cards, imo is getting Theme decks.

I know, not all good cards are there. But you can check every theme deck looking for interesting things. There's a lot you can pick. Is better to expanded but there are also a lot of interesting things in the Standard ones. Some examples:

1 Lillie on each of the Basic S&M + 1 Oranguru in the green +  Nest balls.

Acerola in the Lycanroc's deck

1 Rescue stretcher in each or GUR decks and in the Alolan Ninetales and Hydreigon.

Energy loto in Lunala's

And different stadiums as Altar of Sunne and Moone, Brooklet hill, Devoured field, Escape board in each of UPR decks (maybe this would be cool for your Golisopod!).

Then you have a lot more in the XY Theme decks. UBs, Sycamore,  Evosoda, Energy retrieval, Fisherman, Skyla, Wally, P Fan club, Teammates Fighting fury belt, Max elixir, Switch (another cool one for Goli), Prof letter, Energy switch, Escape rope (3rd cool one for Goli)... And stadiums like Fairy garden,

Also only expanded trainers like Level ball, Trainers mail, Muscle band, Startling megaphone, Blacksmith, Korrina, Stadiums like Rough seas, Scorched earth... You never know when can become Standard again!

I know, not the more staples of the format but, still a huge amount of "free" cards to get a nice base collection, and then you don't need to trade for them. Personally, I'm trying to keep 1000 coins for the 2 new Theme next month as will sure come with something new and it's the easier and fastest way to get it.

For cards not in Theme, like Guzma or the GX, more Wimpod... you need to trade.

To trade you need unlocked packs (NEVER OPEN unlocked packs). You'll get a ton of cards from locked packs that you can't change. Keep the unlocked packs to trade as its value is higher this way. Of course if you pull a Buzzwole GX form a pack, you don't need to trade it for 8 packs in public. But how many times this happens...? Most of the time you'll get 1-2 value GXs as much, or pure useless 'mons.

The packs you can get with coins in shop, are BLOCKED. To me, doesn't worth to buy it (unless you are like 20.000 tokens or so, then you could do whatever you want LOL). So buy packs in shop is not the solution.

The unlocked packs come from IRL codes, from 16 KO challenges I think and from tournaments which is the best way to get it, although right now they give random set packs which is a... :angry: and no coin events to get tickets. But now and then worth to try, of course with a good deck, better. And paradoxically, to get a good deck you need to win packs and to win packs you need a good deck :rolleyes:

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

27 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

DaigoLukas

Rookie Trainer

• DaigoLukas

Mistakes were made,...

Edited by DaigoLukas, 27 April 2018 - 08:13 AM.

27 April 2018 - 08:13 AM

DaigoLukas

Rookie Trainer

• DaigoLukas
Here I am back again with new Decks. Could a Mod maybe change the Topic to Something Like "First Baby-Decks" or something similiar?
I will post my other decks in here and hope to get some discussion going about starting in this Game and building the first Decks.

Deck N#1 FlowerPower2 (GolisopodGX now with TaurosGX)
Spoiler

My First Deck in its current state. Fun and fast with the same problems like before. But it made me get 1100 versus Points and works consistent.
Biggest Weakness: GX-Pokemon you can't Kill and retreat/switch
Biggest Strength: Mindrage Deck, works from Early Game to Lategame, Turn1 OHKO's!

Improvements: Float Stone, Field Blower, Guzma

Deck N#2 Modified Mach Strike
Spoiler

The Best entry Deck from my Experience so far. I just bought 2 Mach Strike theme Decks and fused them together with some cards from last Weeks Versus Rewards and BAM! and OP Rush Deck which can be build very Cheap.
I would Highly recooment all beginners to start Playing this Deck.
The Core is easily Obtainable.
It has a lot of Synergy going with Lucario/Garchomp/Cynthia and once you understand how Broken 2 Lucarios on your Bench are you should win alot with this deck.

Biggest Weakness: A Bad start! If your Opponent has a better start and setup you will have a hard time coming back.
Biggest Strength: RushDeck, Garchomp can be fast and Deadly with 1Fighting Energy, Double Energy, Choice band +Cynthia,... 230DMG vs every GX in the Game (only a few can survive this)

Improvements: Brigitte, possible a good Stadion, Field Blower, Guzma and lots of other cards that I unfortunatly don' have.

Deck N#3 Water Way (GlaceonGX, PalkiaEX+GX, Empoleon)
Spoiler

This is my a fun Idea I had when I got a GlaceonGX and thought maybe I can fuse this with the Imperial Command Deck?
The PalkiaEX and PalkiaGX are Optional but serve well in the right order. EX will give you Energy and GX can take it to dominate. But they are kinda just Tanking for Empoleon to Power Up and finish it.
Glaceon GX is your fast starten and can controll the early game.

Biggest Weakness: Bad starts vs fast Decks
Biggest Strength: can finish all Games that last longer. Has serveral Winconditions

Improvements: alot,.. dunno lets see what changes or what you can suggest.
I had Aloha Sandshrew in it but took it out again. Empoleon need to many Phases,.. I feel like every other Evolution is a real burden for your deck and setup.

Deck N#4 RealSteal (Work in Progress,.. SolgaleoGX+Magnezone)
Spoiler

the Last deck is still not really playable,... it works ********** but not really. I will keep improving and changing it.

The core Idea is SolgaleoGX can one Shot everything,.. but How do I keep powering him up? Needs maybe something like Rayquaza,... Suggestions?

Feel Free to try the Decks, Discuss about the cards/Structure/Setup and give me Feedback.

Thanks in advance.