Letter to any mill deck/Night March users

• Please log in to reply

17 April 2018 - 11:55 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Dear trainers,

I can agree entirely that using Battle Compressor is a genuine tactic, and that using Pokemons who can take advantage of that item is pure genius. Especially in the case of Night March. Using Durants to Devour your opponent’s deck is also pretty neat, as it could be seen as a pacific way of winning the game. No Pokemons (except yours) get hurt in the process, so it’ll also be fighting against Pokemon 4buse.

However, you guys are taking turns that last 2-5 minutes, and let’s be honest, that is extremely annoying. Sure, I understand that you need several Shaymins to Set-Up your strategy, and getting a whole bunch of them on the same turn and shuffling them back into the deck is pretty tactic-wise. But then, you start using item cards, such as an endless array of hammers, or a couple of Battle Compressors. And then you use Puzzles of Time to play them again. I can understand the fact of setting up a bench, but I do not see the point of playing the game if all you do is « Solitaire ».

Therefore, I have now decided to return the favour, and « think » for a long time before playing each of my cards. Please be patient with me, as I’ll probably need a couple of minutes each turn to think what I’m going to do about that Durant or Joltik of yours.

Sincerely, and without any hard feelings.

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 17 April 2018 - 11:55 PM.

Friendship is magic!

18 April 2018 - 01:06 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
Uh...mill decks don't usually spend 2-5 mins per turn. Night March pretty much has to. Seriously, shays and compressors aside NM is much harder to play than it looks.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 18 April 2018 - 01:07 AM.

18 April 2018 - 01:38 AM

abinhathbour456

Elite Trainer

• abinhathbour456

Dear trainers,

I can agree entirely that using Battle Compressor is a genuine tactic, and that using Pokemons who can take advantage of that item is pure genius. Especially in the case of Night March. Using Durants to Devour your opponent’s deck is also pretty neat, as it could be seen as a pacific way of winning the game. No Pokemons (except yours) get hurt in the process, so it’ll also be fighting against Pokemon 4buse.

However, you guys are taking turns that last 2-5 minutes, and let’s be honest, that is extremely annoying. Sure, I understand that you need several Shaymins to Set-Up your strategy, and getting a whole bunch of them on the same turn and shuffling them back into the deck is pretty tactic-wise. But then, you start using item cards, such as an endless array of hammers, or a couple of Battle Compressors. And then you use Puzzles of Time to play them again. I can understand the fact of setting up a bench, but I do not see the point of playing the game if all you do is « Solitaire ».

Therefore, I have now decided to return the favour, and « think » for a long time before playing each of my cards. Please be patient with me, as I’ll probably need a couple of minutes each turn to think what I’m going to do about that Durant or Joltik of yours.

well in this case this is how night march works its suppose to do that battle compressor, shaymin, play puzzle of time etc... and you just have to wait or just quit they made that option for a reason you know.

Edited by abinhathbour456, 18 April 2018 - 01:40 AM.

Member Of Top Cut And Director Of Trades.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2-ultra-prism-added/

owner of guru cave trading co. come check it out

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/45628-the-guru-cave-trading-co-gctc-back-in-business/page-1

18 April 2018 - 03:24 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

snip

Just for the record, almost all non-durant mill decks actually have to take really short turns online or they time out.  Durant, of course, is Blitzkrieg-level fast, and could take a walk in the park every turn and still win- if it's a good match up, of course.  Everything else, though- raichu, houndoom, ability/devo spray- is kinda slow, and has to rush decisions.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

18 April 2018 - 05:53 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

Night march is getting so countered in the expanded format now that it is not even a thing anymore. And just to be honest, the current optimal decklist definitely does not need to spend 2-5 minutes playing a turn. That really just sounds like new players over-exhausting their resources without aware of being countered on the next turn. 

Mill decks should be played really fast in my opinion. There shouldn't be more than 1 or 2 shaymins in any top tier mill deck unless they want to deck out and run out of resources as fast as you do. Probably your opponent just started to use this deck and is unfamiliar with it.

18 April 2018 - 05:59 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

A toast to the players who won the “I wonder how long it takes for THAT thread to be created again” lottery.

Looking forward to the next round.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

11 May 2018 - 08:15 PM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

People crying about mill again? Meh.

A toast to the players who won the “I wonder how long it takes for THAT thread to be created again” lottery.

Thanks, how many booster packs did I win? :D

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

04 July 2018 - 07:28 AM

RayezFou

Rookie Trainer

• RayezFou

hahahaha love this part :D

btw completely agree!!

13 July 2018 - 11:38 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

Dear trainers,

The salt is real.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

13 July 2018 - 01:57 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

The salt is real.

C'mon, man.  It's been ages.  Let the thread die.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

14 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

C'mon, man.  It's been ages.  Let the thread die.

Bahaha, BAHAHA, BAHA *cough cough*, i'm too old for this $#!&

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads