[CARD] Hoopa (SLG #55) - Ability Bug

• Please log in to reply

16 April 2018 - 10:59 PM

Drunkinmoose

Rookie Trainer

• Drunkinmoose

I was just fighting a Shining Legends Hoopa with the ability that says it prevents all damage done to it, which to me doesn't sound like it should stop damage to bench. So my M Blastoise-EX should of been doing 30 to his bench Pokemon every time I attacked. It just did the shaking card effect like it says the move failed. I used the same move against an Alolan Ninetails with the same ability earlier and it let me damage bench.

16 April 2018 - 11:39 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I think you're right about this being a bug that needs to be fixed.  Hoopa's Ability only prevents "effects of attacks, including damage" done TO ITSELF.  Your Mega Blastoise should have still done damage to 2 Benched Pokémon.

Scoundrel Guard >> Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon-GX or Pokémon-EX.

Hydro Bombard >> Does 120 for 3 Water Energy.  "This attack does 30 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon."

Edited by RobRatt, 16 April 2018 - 11:42 PM.

17 April 2018 - 02:05 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Yeah, but it dosn’t say anything along the lines of « As long as this is your active Pokemon », so I think that their EX/GX shield is still active while on the bench.

It may be a similar condition to the one of a Kirlia with Wonder Energy on the bench. My opponent used Dark Call GX and tried to discard the Fairy and Wonder on my Kirlia, but it did nothing. My favourite moments. XD

Wonder Energy:
« This card can only be attached to Fairy Pokémon. This card provides Fairy Energy only while this card is attached to a Fairy Pokémon.
Prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, except damage, done to the Fairy Pokémon that this card is attached to. (Existing effects are not removed.)

(If this card is attached to anything other than a Fairy Pokémon, discard this card.) »

Oh, and also, there’s a difference between « 10 damage » and « 1 damage counter ». While that both usually give the same result, « 10 damage » is considered as damage and thus be affected by items/abilities such as Hard Charm or Sparkle Veil. « 1 damage counter » is considered to be an effect (not a special effect, that’s another thing), and won’t be affected by Hard Charm, Pressure or Sparkle Veil, but will be prevented by Wonder Energy or Megearna’s ability.

Friendship is magic!

17 April 2018 - 02:59 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Yeah, but it dosn’t say anything along the lines of « As long as this is your active Pokemon », so I think that their EX/GX shield is still active while on the bench.

I think TC meant that Hoopa's ability somehow stops bench damage altogether, as in, his Mega Blastoise couldn't harm benched pokemon that don't have an ability that provides immunity.

17 April 2018 - 04:00 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

@OP, if you were trying to attack other Hoopa on the Bench, they wouldn't be damaged either.  I think that's what she's alluding to.  If your opponent's Benched Pokémon didn't have a "safeguard" type Ability, they should have been damaged, and this is a game bug?

Can you clarify which Pokémon were on the Bench?

18 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

I have updated the title of this thread to match the formatting used by this subforum. 

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

27 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

Drunkinmoose

Rookie Trainer

• Drunkinmoose

The pokemon on the bench did not have "safeguard abilities". i believe they were just some Zoroark GX's that he was using to trade cards in with. I just ran into the same problem today with a Carbink with the same exact ability. It said prevent all damage done to THIS pokemon, which meant I should of been able to hit his 2 Rockruffs on bench or his Machoke.

27 April 2018 - 06:16 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

The pokemon on the bench did not have "safeguard abilities". i believe they were just some Zoroark GX's that he was using to trade cards in with. I just ran into the same problem today with a Carbink with the same exact ability. It said prevent all damage done to THIS pokemon, which meant I should of been able to hit his 2 Rockruffs on bench or his Machoke.

Hold on...which Machoke was it? Cuz there's one that blocks bench damage.