[GENERAL] Other - Network Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply

16 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

LastTemptation

Rookie Trainer

• LastTemptation
Im totally turning crazy. The past weeks im haveing terrible network losses. Just now i was playing 6 gamnes in versus, 6 times my network dropped. Im pretty sure its not a issue from my side cause i have tried 3 different wifi connections (my own home network, my phone's 4G network and my boyfriends network). It happens on all 3 of the all the time.
Can this be fixed? I really like the game but this is starting to **** me off and lose intrest. It doesnt matter if i win or lose, i will lose connection anyway.... 😢😢

16 April 2018 - 08:42 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Hey there!

I can totally get how network issues can be frustrating. Lets see if we can figure out what is going on. What system are you playing on? Do you have a chance to test out how the game runs on a wired connection? The 4G connection might not be stable enough for the game, but if your home internet connection meets the minimum requirements here I would definitely suggest trying a wired connection to see if that makes any difference. 

Some other things to try are:

Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer.
If you are using a WiFi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.
Open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 5222, 8181, 6967, and 39389
Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list.
Close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to occasionally cause issues).
It might help to flush your DNS cache again after troubleshooting the above

If you continue to run into connection issues and your system/internet meet the minimum requirements, please reach out to our support team. You can open a ticket by clicking the link in my signature and selecting the "Ask a Question" option. 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

16 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

LastTemptation

Rookie Trainer

• LastTemptation
At the moment i can only play on my android tab. This because i tried to reinstall the game on my laptop but that gives me a user profile error. I have been working with that issue for a whole day, did everything i found on the net to solve it but it didnt work. So i gave up on that.

I can understand that it might be not a good enough connection, but until a few weeks ago i had no issues with it.

16 April 2018 - 10:35 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

At the moment i can only play on my android tab. This because i tried to reinstall the game on my laptop but that gives me a user profile error. I have been working with that issue for a whole day, did everything i found on the net to solve it but it didnt work. So i gave up on that.

I can understand that it might be not a good enough connection, but until a few weeks ago i had no issues with it.

Thanks for the info. I would suggest trying some of the solutions below to see if we can get that user profile error issue cleared up on your laptop. If any of these methods work, please let me know. If not, definitely reach out to the support team so we can get you up and running. 

Refresher Method
Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page
Run the installer
Find the folder in which you installed the game, named PokemonTradingCardGameOnline, and run the Refresher executable manually.
Run the game client and log in

Manual Client Update Method
Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page
Run the installer
Open the add/remove programs window in control panel
Right click The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
Choose the 'Change' option
This will run the Refresher executable, after which you should be able to Repair or Uninstall the game
If repairing doesn't correct the issue, choose 'Uninstall' from the menu
After the game has successfully uninstalled, reinstall the game using the newest installer file (downloaded above)

New Admin Method
Create a new administrator account on your computer
Run the installer from the new admin account, indicating that you are installing for all users
If issues are still experienced, use the Refresher and Manual Program Update methods above with the newly installed files

Moderator RedDragon

17 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

LastTemptation

Rookie Trainer

• LastTemptation
I will contact the support team then. Cause none of these ******** will work cause the game is already uninstalled. I didnt k ow that whould cause issues when i did it.

17 April 2018 - 07:15 PM

melmarcant

Rookie Trainer

• melmarcant

Same problem as you, for the last week or so.

Not a problem on my internet, not on wifi...

20 April 2018 - 10:15 AM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan

Hello melmarcant,

If you tried all the steps above and it didn't help, please, contact our support team via our support portal. Please be sure to attach your system information to the support ticket so our team can assist you quicker.

You can find detailed instructions on how to do so here: How do I provide my system information (such as DxDiag) to the support team?

To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your patience, and good luck!

Moderator Rowan

29 August 2018 - 06:23 PM

swatchiefftw

Rookie Trainer

• swatchiefftw

I cannot log into my game. Every time I try to log in is says my connection is lost with the server but my connection works for everything else.