Deck Help?

• Please log in to reply

12 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

Pyhrrous

Rookie Trainer

• Pyhrrous

Hey, I'm working on my main deck right now and I'd like to get some feedback for it.

Spoiler

The basic idea behind it is that I swap between Yvetal and Zoroark, using Zoroark's Doom Crush a lot, then swapping for Yvetal's Oblivion Wing to build up the discarded energy.

What do you guys think?

12 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

Princess_Aurora

Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Hi! Here will be my list of suggestions:

1) Waaayyyyy too many energies. Just use 4 Double Colorless and 8-10 Darkness Energy, and you should be just fine.

2) Use Raticates, I don't know why anyone would use Rattata without Super Fang.

2) Take off the Nurses and a few of the fan clubs, you'll need a couple of Ns and Cynthias. You can get Cynthia in the mach strike theme deck.

3) Use one or two Gladion, since that your deck relies heavily on Yvetal and Zoroark, getting either of them prized can be a real problem.

I can't think of anything else that won't completely change your deck, but I'll recommend using a few Foul Play Zoroark, Zoroark BREAK or Zoroark GX when you can get them.

Friendship is magic!

12 April 2018 - 08:53 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Hey, I'm working on my main deck right now and I'd like to get some feedback for it.

Spoiler

The basic idea behind it is that I swap between Yvetal and Zoroark, using Zoroark's Doom Crush a lot, then swapping for Yvetal's Oblivion Wing to build up the discarded energy.

What do you guys think?

I copied this into my game to look closer, and I hope you don't mind a bit of realistic criticism. ...iron sharpens iron, so there's no sense being all soft and fuzzy.

You should start with version 2.0, and scrap most of this.  I don't think it would beat my Empoleon Theme Deck (Imperial Command).

I see where you were headed, but only halfway.  The 30 HP Rattata can go away altogether.  There's no need for Purrloin/Liepard either.  And Float Stones would work better than Doduo/Dodrio most of the time.

If your "basic idea" is to swap between Yveltal and Zoroark, why do you only have one of each, and all these lesser Pokémon?  The best advice I can give is, "Do what your deck does, and do it well."  Focus on a precise mechanism, or combination, and exclude any inessentials.

Your Trainer Engine needs work too, I'm afraid.  Maybe you can look at recent Tournament winners for the Format you're interested in (Standard or Expanded), and see how they've done it.  Then plug-and-play your Zoroark/Yveltal cards into that template?

https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/championship-series-event-results/

P.S.  If cards are a problem, send me a PM here in the forum, okay.

Edited by RobRatt, 12 April 2018 - 09:12 PM.

12 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

Princess_Aurora

Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
@RobRatt Now that you mention it, I do have a few Yvetals lying around that I don’t plan on using...

@Pyhrrous I can supply you with three SLG 54 Yvetal and a Yvetal BREAK, Yvetal dosn’t really suit my playstyle. Can you send me a in-game friend request? IGN: Princess_Aurora

You’ll probably want to line up your trainer cards set-up with one of the Championship decks as RobRatt said. It’ll provide your deck with a smoother draw system, and overall better flow of cards.

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 12 April 2018 - 11:54 PM.

Friendship is magic!

14 April 2018 - 03:55 AM

Pyhrrous

Rookie Trainer

• Pyhrrous
Alright, I've been working on my deck a little bit. This is what I've got now:
Spoiler

I've dropped the Ratattas, Purrloin, and Doduo in favor of another Zorua and three more Yvetal.
I don't have any Float Stones, so I just went with Temple of the Moone instead; should be easier to get that retreat discount now.

I'm still working towards getting the Zorua from the Destruction Rush box, but once I get them, hopefully those will work better. Nasty Plot should be an easy way to evolve Zorua, given that Zoroark isn't prized.

How's this, now?

Edited by Pyhrrous, 14 April 2018 - 03:56 AM.

14 April 2018 - 01:06 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Pyhrrous,

Thank you for sharing your updated deck! 

Good luck!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

14 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

Knowing low chances to be a competitive deck, still in the budget, it evolved pretty well

Even though, you miss some staples so maintaining the core idea, some minor changes could slightly make it still a bit better.

Lets use the rule of: "If you need something, add more than one".

Thicker lines will help you play your strategy. Will help you find the needed card in the right moment. So knowing that,  if you missing Float stones and you decided to add Altar, add 2 or 3. Of course you could be missing those extra copies, probably you added the one from Hidden moon Theme deck.

In mind get a couple of stadiums or if you feel better to get some Float, keep it in mind for the future. Actually if you have a tradeable copy of any other stadium, a public 1 to 1 change must work, I've done it several times. For Float stones, you could get 3-4 for just a pack, or try to change some other items 1 to 1.

Where to get the spots needed for extra cards?

1st, remove 3 dark energies. Should work anyway with just 10+DCEs. If not, then it's an strategy failure and need more work but 14 energies, should be enough for almost any deck.

Don't use random items as Great ball or a lot of "Flip a coin". To gain in consistency, you need to be sure it will work. Remove the 3 GREAT and add 2 extra UB. You can use also Nest ball. It's better than Fan club as you can still use your supporter turn.

Add two more Cynthia. Or up to 4. She's a great supporter. Get 2 more in Mach strike Theme deck if you don't still have it. And if its already in your collection, I don't see a reason to not being both copies in the deck!

The 3 N are perfect and you could go even with 4. Add a couple Sycamore also, will help you a lot.

Remove supporters as Wicke and Judge. N is better and you have Lillie also. Pokémon Center lady has hardly seen competition. Although it's a nice supporter for theme decks with low HPs and attacks, she's not the same in competitive leagues. If Wally it's important, add a second. If not, you can also remove it. Having jus tone and use it randomly when appears doesn't seem to be part of a plan.

Cut Town map down to 1. Once used, you don't need more. And it's probably not so important in the strategy as to waste a space for a second one.

I would try kind of:

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 3 Great Ball BKP 100
* 3 > 2 Lillie SLG 62
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138
* 1 Wally ROS 94
* 3 N DEX 96
* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94
* 2 > 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 3 > 2 Escape Rope PLS 120
* 1 > 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 1 > 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 > 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 > 3 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 1 Judge BKT 143
* 1 Weakness Policy PRC 142

* 1 Wicke BUS 127

3 Nest ball

2 Sycamore

2 Guzma

And still there's nothing there like Float stone, Field blower and Fighting fury belt (or Choice band) that are some of the most common tools used in game right now. Another well known items to recover some resources are Rescue stretcher and Super rod for example. You'd have some extra space for that removing the above mentioned 3 energies.

Any of 3-2 Zoroark line or 4-2 Yveltal would help reinforce the consistency of the deck if you feel still missing something through Trainers.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

XY Theme decks review: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/27938-the-best-xy-theme-deck-info-poll

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista