[CLIENT] General - I can't load in at all.

• Please log in to reply

08 April 2018 - 11:39 PM

comontoe

Rookie Trainer

• comontoe

"An error occured when downloading preload data. Please check your internet connection and try again. the app will now quit" Displays when i try to launch. 

08 April 2018 - 11:44 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

"An error occured when downloading preload data. Please check your internet connection and try again. the app will now quit" Displays when i try to launch. 

The only time I've had this happen is when (surprise, surprise) my Internet is down.  Sometimes the "bars" are full, but there's still a problem with Wi-Fi, and you need to reset your router.

There's always a possibility (fairly remote), if your Wi-Fi checks out, that the server for your local area is struggling.  In that case, you might need to wait a few minutes.

If it continues, after resetting, you'll probably want to call your Internet Provider.

Edited by RobRatt, 08 April 2018 - 11:52 PM.

08 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

comontoe

Rookie Trainer

• comontoe

I've had this problem all afternoon. i've restarted my router and the pc i am using has fine internet (70mbps)

08 April 2018 - 11:58 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I've had this problem all afternoon. i've restarted my router and the pc i am using has fine internet (70mbps)

Yeah, at 70 Mbps, your Wi-Fi is fast enough.  Hopefully one of the more proficient Mods will give you better input.  As a player, all I can tell you is that there is NOT a system-wide problem.  I have logged in multiple times today.

Most likely, they're going to recommend a clean uninstall & re-install.  That always seems like a pain, I know, but it might be your quickest solution if you're sure the Internet is working fine.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Edited by RobRatt, 08 April 2018 - 11:58 PM.

09 April 2018 - 07:54 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Ηι comontoe,

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game. In many instances, this will resolve the issue that you are describing. For specific instructions on how to do a full uninstallation of the TCGO Windows Client, please see this FAQ article: http://support.pokem...7&redirect=trueand after uninstalling, simply reinstall the game from the official download page.

You can also reach out to our support team if you continue to run into issues. If you click the link in my signature and select the "Ask a Question" option you will be able to open a ticket. Hope that helps!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

09 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

I edited the title of your thread to match the format used in this sub.

Moderator Vengr
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!