Eeveelutions

• Please log in to reply

08 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

Darthscruff

Novice Trainer

• Darthscruff
The first game I played after I came back from a brief hiatus, I saw someone play 2 energy evolution eevees, their first turn dropped another eevee and a grass on the active, BAM! Its Leafeon GX (which GX was new to me as well) and used the GX attack, BAM!! another Leafeon GX and a Sylveon GX, their second turn they put a double colorless on it... Lets just say I was not prepared, but I was a little inspired.

The idea is to be able to adapt the deck each game to get the best out of weakness or resistance (though it does lack against some decks). Obviously heavy on energy and energy grabbers and Cynthia for a couple hand resets if i dont start with a double colorless energy and the energy type i need. Think maybe swapping something out for a few switches, and I have Flareon EX and Jolteon EX but even Vaporeon EX seems a little like its just there to help prevent mulligans.
Anyways in my eyes its seems pretty straight forward, its won a few tournaments and averages a 10-15 win streak, but Im sure this has been done a million times and there are things I havent thought to change, probably in the trainer area *****

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 4 Eevee FFI 80
* 1 Umbreon-EX FCO 55
* 1 Umbreon-GX SUM 80
* 1 Sylveon-EX GEN 121
* 1 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 1 Leafeon-EX GEN 10
* 1 Leafeon-GX UPR 13
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 1 Espeon-GX SUM 61
* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 116
* 1 Vaporeon-EX GEN 24
* 1 Glaceon-GX UPR 39

##Trainer Cards - 24

* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FCO 107
* 1 Silver Bangle PLB 88
* 2 Wally ROS 94
* 4 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
* 2 Lucky Helmet AOR 77
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Winona ROS 96
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 1 Sparkling Robe FFI 99
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Cilan NXD 86

##Energy - 21

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 3 Water Energy 3
* 3 Darkness Energy 7
* 3 Grass Energy 1
* 3 Fairy Energy 9
* 2 Rainbow Energy BKT 152
* 3 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

08 April 2018 - 11:22 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

The idea is to be able to adapt the deck each game to get the best out of weakness or resistance (though it does lack against some decks). Obviously heavy on energy and energy grabbers and Cynthia for a couple hand resets if i dont start with a double colorless energy and the energy type i need. Think maybe swapping something out for a few switches, and I have Flareon EX and Jolteon EX but even Vaporeon EX seems a little like its just there to help prevent mulligans.
Anyways in my eyes its seems pretty straight forward, its won a few tournaments and averages a 10-15 win streak, but Im sure this has been done a million times and there are things I havent thought to change, probably in the trainer area *****

Guys we finally have an unbeatable deck now. I have never seen a deck with an average of a 10-15 win streak. 

08 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

Darthscruff

Novice Trainer

• Darthscruff

Guys we finally have an unbeatable deck now. I have never seen a deck with an average of a 10-15 win streak. 

Ahhhh i see we have here the forums' local failure of a troll, at least you're trying, bless your heart <3

EDIT:

Anywayyyyysss as Im sure its terribly difficult for the above person to troll children and newbies successfully on a regular basis, I did come here for some suggestions, maybe trainers Ive yet to come across or dont realize their worth in a deck like this.

Edited by Darthscruff, 08 April 2018 - 05:15 PM.

08 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Ahhhh i see we have here the forums' local failure of a troll, at least you're trying, bless your heart <3

EDIT:
Anywayyyyysss as Im sure its terribly difficult for the above person to troll children and newbies successfully on a regular basis, I did come here for some suggestions, maybe trainers Ive yet to come across or dont realize their worth in a deck like this.

The old timers do like to mess around every now and then. Me included. Think what you will.

Not too long ago there was this guy that made a topic regarding a supposedly 'unbeatable' deck (you can still see the topic in the first page), which is what probably inspired the poster to reply in such a manner. He's not really a troll btw.

Anyways, I've taken a look at your deck and honestly I don't think it's that great. Hitting many weaknesses is nice and all but your deck is way too clunky. You have far too little draw support and too many energies for instance.

This kind of deck is what I consider a newb killer deck. It's not a good deck, but it still cleaves through most new guys' deck. Because new players tend to have awful decks anyways, and you do have capable fighters that you can get out semi-easily thanks to Eevee's ability, you should have a head start against people who just toss in random stuff into their decks. Also, in expanded there are way many more newbs than in standard. A 10 win streak with this deck is still plausible as long as you keep your ELO rating low enough (which isn't hard; you need A LOT of wins to face the big guys of expanded, though I do admit that I have a hard time believing you)

Well, building a truly good deck with all the eeveelutions is probably a loss cause but there are a few very useful articles here that can help you. I'll get the links for you shortly

[url]http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/54657-why-do-you-lose-chapter-1-%E2%80%93-the-principle-of-four/%22%5Dhttp://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/54657-why-do-you-lose-chapter-1-%E2%80%93-the-principle-of-four/%5B/url%5D[/url]

[url]http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55311-why-do-you-lose-chapter-2-%E2%80%93-if-it-bleeds-we-can-kill-it/[/url]

Edited by BowserLuigi, 08 April 2018 - 06:45 PM.

08 April 2018 - 08:53 PM

Darthscruff

Novice Trainer

• Darthscruff

The old timers do like to mess around every now and then. Me included. Think what you will.

Not too long ago there was this guy that made a topic regarding a supposedly 'unbeatable' deck (you can still see the topic in the first page), which is what probably inspired the poster to reply in such a manner. He's not really a troll btw.

Anyways, I've taken a look at your deck and honestly I don't think it's that great. Hitting many weaknesses is nice and all but your deck is way too clunky. You have far too little draw support and too many energies for instance.

This kind of deck is what I consider a newb killer deck. It's not a good deck, but it still cleaves through most new guys' deck. Because new players tend to have awful decks anyways, and you do have capable fighters that you can get out semi-easily thanks to Eevee's ability, you should have a head start against people who just toss in random stuff into their decks. Also, in expanded there are way many more newbs than in standard. A 10 win streak with this deck is still plausible as long as you keep your ELO rating low enough (which isn't hard; you need A LOT of wins to face the big guys of expanded, though I do admit that I have a hard time believing you)

Well, building a truly good deck with all the eeveelutions is probably a loss cause but there are a few very useful articles here that can help you. I'll get the links for you shortly

[url]http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/54657-why-do-you-lose-chapter-1-%E2%80%93-the-principle-of-four/%22%5Dhttp://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/54657-why-do-you-lose-chapter-1-%E2%80%93-the-principle-of-four/%5B/url%5D[/url]

[url]http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55311-why-do-you-lose-chapter-2-%E2%80%93-if-it-bleeds-we-can-kill-it/[/url]

What is an ELO rating? Id assume its your wins to losses ratio and how the game tries to match you evenly, this is my "just for fun" kinda deck but it has been getting my highest streaks, just lost a 16 streak, so I keep using it, but it is unstable at points and struggles against some combos and especially against troll decks full of team flare grunts and crushing hammers (my dark deck would wreck it haha). One thing would obviously be Alolan Ninetails, but I found if I put Glaceon EX out it creates a stale mate til the defending player gets fed up and switches Ninetails out, which saved me a number of times. Any suggestions on trainers to prevent or delay getting this lame beautiful fox out? And it literally just dawned on me that Espeon EX should get through this like Dialga GX.... Anyone confirm this? I know theres a couple bugs (like guard press not reducing damage) but I havent checked if this is one yet.

09 April 2018 - 01:37 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

I was just joking sorry if that offended you though :D  . Anyway, though I understand that this is a fun deck I agree with suggestions provided by Bowserluigi above. Hitting for weakness is of course, nice, but a glance at your deck seems there is really too much going on in your deck and you might not get the resources you need at the right time. In addition, some card choices (e.g. vaporeon EX, leafeon EX) are really problematic and you might not even to OHKO your opponent with those attacks. In the expanded format, the decks that perform well must fulfil at least one of the following conditions or more:

1. Energy efficient: You are able to attack with one single energy attachment (e.g. garbodor, zoroark, night marchers) OR with the help of multiple energy attachments on one turn (kiawe, aqua/dark patches) deal considerable amount of damage, mainly OHKOs.

2. Being offensive and defensive: if your deck does not aim to OHKO your opponent, it has the ability to slow your opponent down (energy denial, ability lock) OR 'cheat the prize trade' (max potions, acerolas, focus sash) and hence you will still be ahead of the prize trade. You can also simply give up the thought of taking prize cards and just exhaust your opponents resources and deck them out before they take all six prizes (stall, mill).

3. Good draw power and supporter ‘cheating’: Other than playing a draw supporter each turn, you can draw additional cards and fetch certain resources and seem to use more than one supporter with the combination of items (order pad, battle compressor), stadiums (scorching earth, brooklet hill), abilities (zoroark, Lucario, shaymin (bianca), hoopa (an upgraded pokemon fan club))

4. A simple yet aggressive aim: The aim of each deck is different and yet cannot be concluded. But it should be relatively easy to carry out and your deck contain many cards that revolve/accelerate/help you achieve your aim.

5. Contain one/few tech cards that counter certain top tier decks that your deck is weak against: For example, including a mew-EX in zoroark decks to punish buzzwole, including an oricorio/Karen in EX/GX decks to destroy night march

6. Contain cards that help you recycle/reuse resources: For example: baby volcanions power heater, rescue stretcher, puzzle of times etc.

7. Speed: Are you able to attack/place pressure on turn 2? Can you charge up a new attacker each turn?

These altogether help you construct a deck that is consistent, flexible, and aggressive. Sadly, when I looked at your deck it seems that it fulfils none of the above criteria. Please note that many fun decks are also competitive and vice versa. If you want to stick to eeveelutions and hit for weakness, I would suggest using umbreon/zoroark in expanded. The decklist is listed below:

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Eevee SUM 101

* 3 Zorua BKT 89

* 2 Umbreon-GX SUM 154

* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 77

* 1 Flareon AOR 13

* 1 Leafeon PLF 11

* 1 Jolteon AOR 26

* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

* 1 Vaporeon AOR 22

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110

* 2 Professor Juniper PLF 116

* 2 Cynthia UPR 148

* 1 Brigette BKT 161

* 4 Dark Patch DEX 93

* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165

* 1 N NVI 101

* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 162

* 1 Acerola BUS 142

* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161

* 1 Ghetsis PLF 115

* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a

* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 11

* 7 Darkness Energy BUS 168

* 4 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This deck fulfils most of the conditions above and you can check one by one. If you have questions for certain choices just ask.

09 April 2018 - 02:41 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

What is an ELO rating? Id assume its your wins to losses ratio and how the game tries to match you evenly, this is my "just for fun" kinda deck but it has been getting my highest streaks, just lost a 16 streak, so I keep using it, but it is unstable at points and struggles against some combos and especially against troll decks full of team flare grunts and crushing hammers (my dark deck would wreck it haha). One thing would obviously be Alolan Ninetails, but I found if I put Glaceon EX out it creates a stale mate til the defending player gets fed up and switches Ninetails out, which saved me a number of times. Any suggestions on trainers to prevent or delay getting this lame beautiful fox out? And it literally just dawned on me that Espeon EX should get through this like Dialga GX.... Anyone confirm this? I know theres a couple bugs (like guard press not reducing damage) but I havent checked if this is one yet.

You're right. ELO rating is basically a point system that tries to match you with opponents of similar ELO rating. Of course, sometimes the game can't find the most suitable opponent for you and may pair you up with an opponent with an ELO rating that's a certain point higher or lower than you. That's why you sometimes see the advantage symbols when you start a match (the one with advantage is the one with much higher ELO rating than the other).

Espeon EX's Psyshock will pierce through Luminous Shield but here's the thing: You're trying to fight a one prize pokemon with a two prize pokemon. You can't OHKO an Icetales. And while Icetales cannot OHKO back, with a choice band it can at least 2HKO if it gets the first hit in. Alternatively they can just retreat and smash your espeon with say an Alolan Ninetales GX which will OHKO with a choice band.

A far better pokemon to deal with it would Oranguru (Instruct). With 3 colorless you can OHKO an Icetales that's ready to attack.

The decklist that Sadra posted is also a fun deck. Not competitive but should get you some wins. You don't need every single eeveelution (only ones that will help you hit weakness). And there's only one energy type, which makes charging up your pokemon easier as you do not need to find different colors of energy.

10 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

You're right. ELO rating is basically a point system that tries to match you with opponents of similar ELO rating. Of course, sometimes the game can't find the most suitable opponent for you and may pair you up with an opponent with an ELO rating that's a certain point higher or lower than you. That's why you sometimes see the advantage symbols when you start a match (the one with advantage is the one with much higher ELO rating than the other).

Seek details on the internet. "ELO" is Electric Light Orchestra, a '70s rock band with Jeff Lynne  and....

The Elo rating system is named for Arpad Elo, who created it as an improvement over the then-current chess rating system developed by someone else.

With a worldwide 24-hour-a-day game like this, there may be blocks of people who interact mostly with other people who play at that time, and the ratings are comparative, so may not be entirely consistent if you change the time you play.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

16 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

In addition of all said, and focusing in your list, it's far from the 15-30-15 idea of most competitive decks.

And although you have 15 pokémon, you miss 6 to 10 more trainers to make it work better, that you should add, removing energies.

Also as said, you don't need every single type because there are some that you won't need to counter as are not played so much.

And you don't have nothing to fight Alolan Ninetales or a Glaceon EX. Not even an Hex maniac or a simple Guzma or Lysandre.

So in trainers, you should look for some staple:

1 ACE SPEC

4 VS Seeker

4UBs

2-3 Juniper or Sycamore

2-3 N

3-4 Cynthia

1+1 Guzma AND Lysandre (but you can go with 2 of the one you like more)

1 Karen (for Night march)

Not all of them or the precise number but remove some low skilled trainers that, even focused into the deck idea, still only benefit in certain situations but not in every (general) situation. Those are Cilan (you have P letter), P Center Lady (maybe Acerola better), Sparkling robe and Lucky helmet.

Trainers mail and some Nest ball/Level ball could help to remove some P Fan club and/or Winona. The 4 UB and some Evosoda would help to remove also Wally and with all changes, you still would keep the supporter turn for any of those big hand drawers like Juniper/Sycamore or Cynthia. Energy loto, although a bit random, could be useful maybe,

Ghetsis, Colress, Teammates, Pokémon Ranger, Acerola..

And you are also missing so important items like Field blower/Startling megaphone, Rescue stretcher/Super rod or Special charge, And some that could fit like Puzzle of time, Enhanced hammer, Town map...

As for pokémon, Team Plasma Leafeon (PLF 11) seems way better to me than Leafeon EX, and Team Plasma Flareon (PLF 12) could be a nice addition.

Knowing you need to reduce the number of energies, any of those Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon from Ancient origins would be quite useful.

Also you'd need to look for Eeveelutions with 1 type energy+2 colourless as much for its attacks. Will be way harder and slow to attach 2 type energy and requiring a colourless 3rd.

Umbreon EX just doesn't seem to be a good attacker. You won't find a lot of Mega out there.

I already commented about Leafeon EX.

Vaporeon EX seems useless and you have Glaceon EX and GX for water weakness. Also you could choose if AOR's in the list.

Also Jolteon EX would be cool or AOR's Jolteon to choose another Eeveelution hitting hard and use it as electric.

Last but not least, Marshadow GX would give you Fighting type. Battle compressor is widely used also in Expanded.

Edited by Chasista, 16 April 2018 - 03:12 PM.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

16 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for the helpful replies!

Darthscruff, welcome back from your hiatus! Good luck with improving your deck!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

17 April 2018 - 03:44 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 160
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 156
* 1 Buzzwole-GX CIN 115
* 2 Marshadow-GX BUS 156
* 3 Rockruff PR-SM ****
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 2 Lycanroc-GX GRI 138
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 153
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 116
* 1 Seismitoad-EX FFI 106

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Acerola BUS 142
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Colress PLS 135
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 158
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Cynthia UPR 148
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 3 Choice Band BUS 162
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 2 N NVI 101

##Energy - 11

* 3 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137

Total Cards - 60

This is the decklist I was using before based on what chasista suggested. But to bad its not revolved around eeveelutions anymore :)

17 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 160
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 156
* 1 Buzzwole-GX CIN 115
* 2 Marshadow-GX BUS 156
* 3 Rockruff PR-SM ****
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 2 Lycanroc-GX GRI 138
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 153
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Glaceon-EX FCO 116
* 1 Seismitoad-EX FFI 106

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Acerola BUS 142
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Colress PLS 135
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 158
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Cynthia UPR 148
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 3 Choice Band BUS 162
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 2 N NVI 101

##Energy - 11

* 3 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137

Total Cards - 60

This is the decklist I was using before based on what chasista suggested. But to bad its not revolved around eeveelutions anymore :)

A nice Anti-Meta Toolbox deck. Actually not tier 1 probably but definitely close to, and can create problems to almost any deck you face in front with a nice ratio of wins for sure. Although Necrozma, maybe just missing some anti-Buzzwole/Lucario GX tech? Regarding Eevelutions, just a different deck tho.

Glad if something I said (here or in other threads) was useful in any way :)

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

18 April 2018 - 06:02 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

This deck does have some problems though as

1. it is not energy efficient in many cases and there will be problems setting up crystal/flash ray OR lycanrocs attack if your opponent has guzma on turn two, which is very common in expanded.

2. Marshadow has very low HP, compared to other GX's and gets knocked out more easier than you think.

3. Most evolution decks have tapu-lele as an alternative attacker and therefore crystal ray is ineffective.

4. Vulnerable to oricorio (yep, sad but true).

Its a fun deck but definitely not top tier. 

24 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

xXTheStalkXx

Novice Trainer

• xXTheStalkXx

Since you are playing expanded and want to hit many weaknesses, may I suggest Silvally-GX + the Eeveelutions from Ancient Origins? 

With this deck you could hit for fire, water, electric psychic and fighting weakness (that's if you run the three eeveelutions + two of the memories), Silvally is an efficient attacker and it's colorless so your energy requirements won't be that awkward (don't get me wrong, this deck is VERY clunky, but fun), not to mention it can accelerate energy and has a decent GX attack, it's weakness to fighting is horrible, though, you know, with Buzzwhole and Licanrock running wild. 

Anyway, the deck is cheap and fun, if you give it a try, you might like it. 

Edited by xXTheStalkXx, 24 April 2018 - 05:29 PM.