Need advice with zoroark gx

• Please log in to reply

07 April 2018 - 01:10 PM

PokePlayer991

Rookie Trainer

• PokePlayer991
I feel like this standard deck is missing a lot. Any advice?

* 2 Dragonite-EX EVO 106 - just a filler card to help filling the bench
* 1 Darkrai {*} UPR 77
* 2 Hoopa SLG 55
* 4 Zorua BKT 89
* 2 Zoroark BKT 91
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 4 N DEX 96
* 4 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Misty's Determination EVO 80
* 2 Mallow GRI 127
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 2 Max Potion GRI 128

##Energy - 16

* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90
* 12 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Edited by PokePlayer991, 07 April 2018 - 01:11 PM.

07 April 2018 - 03:06 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
Zoroark Gx really needs a partner in standard as his damage output is pretty low without sky field in the format. Some popular partners are Golisopod GX and Lycanroc GX (Midnight). You are also using too many energies (most decks have 8-12). And remove all the dragonites (waste of bench space), misty, nurse joy and timer balls. Use 4 Ultra Balls instead. If you have Lele, then cut off one or two Brigette. Otherwise, I'd rather get rid of them all and add in more draw support.

I'm sure someone else can offer you more comprehensive advice. Alternatively, you can google search for Golisopod GX/Zoroark GX or Lycanroc GX/Zoroark GX for some decklists.

09 April 2018 - 01:34 AM

Darthscruff

Novice Trainer

• Darthscruff

Ive noticed Zoroark GX is pretty much Zoroark BKT 91 with its Break (being limited to one use per game) and a more easily controlled but weaker Mind Jack with higher HP. The disadvantages being lower HP and having to evolve a second time, but they seem to weigh against each other fairly evenly. Id drop two dark energies and throw 2 of these in maybe. A couple Lycanroc GX like previously mentioned would be cool too for more reliable high damage with some Strong Energy, plus it'd be a werewolf deck.

09 April 2018 - 03:09 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Ive noticed Zoroark GX is pretty much Zoroark BKT 91 with its Break (being limited to one use per game) and a more easily controlled but weaker Mind Jack with higher HP. The disadvantages being lower HP and having to evolve a second time, but they seem to weigh against each other fairly evenly. Id drop two dark energies and throw 2 of these in maybe. A couple Lycanroc GX like previously mentioned would be cool too for more reliable high damage with some Strong Energy, plus it'd be a werewolf deck.

You don't need to include the break. in fact, few decks use that nowadays. I think the main problem is that you can't include enough Zoruas to go around. If I were you, I would use 3 Zoroark GX and 1 baby Zoroark (maybe the break as well if you can find the space). Include super rods/rescue stretchers so you can recycle them.

I'll still suggest trying Golisopod or Lycanroc though

09 April 2018 - 07:52 AM

Darthscruff

Novice Trainer

• Darthscruff

You don't need to include the break. in fact, few decks use that nowadays. I think the main problem is that you can't include enough Zoruas to go around. If I were you, I would use 3 Zoroark GX and 1 baby Zoroark (maybe the break as well if you can find the space). Include super rods/rescue stretchers so you can recycle them.

I'll still suggest trying Golisopod or Lycanroc though

But Im thinkin still drop choice bands, I've noticed a trend away from EX as theres more cards that are against EX pokemon than GX currently, giving EX a massive disadvantage, but GX is normally lumped in with EX as these are earlier cards that target both, having 2 Breaks with your two BKT 91s and 2 GX Zoroark lines, leaving 4 spots for 2 Lycanroc lines, full dangerous and strong energy, two double colorless and trainers to get it all rolliing (like evos,  pokepuffs, poke fanclub if the enemy gets wise). Im just thinking the breaks are added benefit to normal BKT 91, if not playing expanded where I'd replace BKT 91 with Foul Play in a heartbeat.