[GAME] Marshadow-GX's Ability: Using this to attack with Glaceon-EX's Crystal Ray

• Please log in to reply

05 April 2018 - 06:58 AM

SuperPichu62

Rookie Trainer

• SuperPichu62

For two games now, using Crystal Ray with having Marshadow-GX as my active and Glaceon-EX discard pile to use Marshadow's ability, hasfailed twice to work correctly with Crystal Rays subtext. What I mean by this is that I will have Marshadow use Crystal Ray, meaning all damage is prevented from Evolution Pokemon for my opponents turn. In Game 1, a Sylveon-GX attacked me using Fairy Wind for 110 and it went through without the effect of Crystal Ray activating to prevent the damage. In Game 2, an Espeon-GX hit me with its Psychic attack and it ALSO went through even though I used Crystal Ray to prevent that damage. It is unknown whether this is a glitch with Marshadow-GX or Glaceon-EX itself.

05 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

For two games now, using Crystal Ray with having Marshadow-GX as my active and Glaceon-EX discard pile to use Marshadow's ability, hasfailed twice to work correctly with Crystal Rays subtext. What I mean by this is that I will have Marshadow use Crystal Ray, meaning all damage is prevented from Evolution Pokemon for my opponents turn. In Game 1, a Sylveon-GX attacked me using Fairy Wind for 110 and it went through without the effect of Crystal Ray activating to prevent the damage. In Game 2, an Espeon-GX hit me with its Psychic attack and it ALSO went through even though I used Crystal Ray to prevent that damage. It is unknown whether this is a glitch with Marshadow-GX or Glaceon-EX itself.

Hello there SuperPichu62,

Thank you for taking your time for the report. We do see issues with Marshadow-GX and Glaceon-EX. 

I have just forwarded your feedback along to the developers.
This is the thread for known issues where you can see all the current updates. 

Stay tuned!  ;)

I've also updated the title of your thread to match the format used by this subforum.

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

06 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

Xerxes8134

Novice Trainer

• Xerxes8134
Just popping in to say I've had the exact same thing happen twice. I opened a support ticket on 4/4. Obviously the latest patch broke something.

06 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

Xerxes8134

Novice Trainer

• Xerxes8134

I just got a reply from TPCi on my support ticket, indicating this is a reported known issue. The "known issue" log doesn't contain any card-specific entries that seem to relate to this issue, but it does include this general gameplay entry from March 21:

Attack effects that create a damage reduction effect on the attacking Pokemon, such as Golisopod-GX's Armor Press attack, are removed at the end of the attacking player's current turn, rather than at the end of the opponent's next turn.

This is kind of a big deal, and suggests that the involvement of Marshadow GX in the equation is actually irrelevant. I recently played another game with the same deck and was using Jolteon-EX against a Passimian deck, and after using Flash Ray, the opponent wouldn't even try to attack, so I couldn't tell whether the protection effect would have worked as expected or not. This "known issue" entry suggests that it wouldn't have.