Deck upgrade ideas anyone?

• Please log in to reply

04 April 2018 - 01:16 PM

Liamus77

Rookie Trainer

• Liamus77

Hello Folks! this is my first post and would like it if someone could give me some advice on how to better my deck? In the past I've had a lot of success but recently I've been losing a lot since coming back after a few months and can't get it working like it used to.

any advice or suggestions would be appreciated! it doesn't have to be a single type deck that's just how its been built so far.

my deck is as follows

Drampa GX x1

Crabrawler > Crabominable x1

Lucario EX > M Lucario x1

Machop > Machoke > Machamp ( with 20 att boost ability ) x 1
Regirock EX x1

Rockruff > Lycanroc GX x1

Zygarde EX x2

Crushing Hammer x1

Max Elixir x3

Bianca x2

Bridgette x2

Cilan x1

Cynthia x2

Gladion x1

Korina x2

Lysande x2

Pokémon Center Lady x2

Team Flare Grunt x1

Team skull Grunt x1

Teammates x2

Tierno x2

wally x3

Lucario spirit link x1

Muscle Band x2

Strong energy x4

double energy x2

fighting energy x11

All help is welcome! 

04 April 2018 - 02:46 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

Hi, welcome to forums.

Unfortunately, your deck is far from being competitive. Competitive decks follow some patterns that yours is missing. Good news are, there is a lot you can improve.

15-30-15 as a reminder for Pokémon-Trainers-Energies amount ratios. Not exactly though and adding more trainers is possible. 34 for example as 12-14 Pokémon is very usual so you get some extra space, and also not more than 12 energies most of the times.

If you need something, add more than one. So you add something to your deck and is useful and you need it to win. But adding just 1 will make very hard to get it through all the 54 drawing cards. And more, if it's on the 6 prized, then you are lost. That's why pokémon lines are thick, and trainers are repeated.

I see we are probably in a budget but, if you don't have the cards that are called Staples, your decks will always be some tier lower than the competitive ones. And the good is that once you have enough copies of that Staples, that will be for every deck and forever. Knowing that, only reasonable thought is, sooner than later, you need to get it.

Staples for Expanded looks kind of:

1 ACE SPEC

4 VS Seeker

4UBs

2-3 Juniper or Sycamore

2-3 N

3-4 Cynthia

1+1 Guzma AND Lysandre (but you can go with 2 of the one you like more or fits better)

1 Karen (for Night march)

Up to 2 Brigette, specially if Lele GX.

1 Acerola (if fits)

On the other hand, you are using some inefficient trainers like:

Bianca

P Center Lady

Gladion

Or just bad ones:

Tierno

Cylan

And a useless pokémon like Crabominable line and M Lucario EX.

Remove all those to have space for better ones.

So to build a deck, choose one main attacker, mainly an EX or GX. Hit hard, high HP, "easy" to set up.

That would be Lucario EX, or Zygarde or a mix of both. Lycanroc GX it's excellent. 4 of them. M Lucario it's not very good. While Lucario EX was in tons of decks, none of them had M Lucario and never saw competitive play. Lucario EX was able to hit hard with some effects added. The trouble to find the Link, evolve onto the Mega and only attack if 3 energies, was never worth.

After that you need some partners to help main attacker. Partners help to hit harder, to heal it, to free retreat, to draw...

Machamp is very good. But you need 2-1-2 or 3-1-3 or 3-2-3, with 2 or 3 Rare candy for a faster evolution. Your plan is not use Machoke for attack, ever. So cutting some copies helps you evolve faster and makes space to more important things. You could even go with 2-0-2! But we need to remember Seismitoad-EX and other item-lockers are in the format. Also Regirock helps, 1 or 2 is good if you see you will need those +10 recurrently. If not, then cut it.

About trainers it depends a lot. I see you use a bit on disruption. Although not being a purely disruption deck, sometimes is better to focus on just hitting as this is how you're going to win.

The ACE SPEC. Out of the best ones Computer search and Dowsing machine, I would suggest Scramble switch for this deck as it's a cheap one. Another possibility would be Scoop up cyclone.

You need +3 Vs seeker. You already own one starting the game.

You also need Rare candy.

Korrina is so huge in fighting decks, that you need 4. No brain. and with 4 Vs seeker, it's the trainer you're going to use every single turn.

If you like the Bianca effect, go for Lillie. Same supporter with more features. I would say one as much if you include her.

Teammates is good.

Add a couple of N (you start the game with 4 copies)

Focus sash it's very good for fight.

I don't see Brigette in this deck without Lele. Having Korrina, add some Ultra ball, Nest Ball, Level ball... and done.

Wally is not needed anymore. You'll have the Candies, also you can Korrina+Evosoda, so add a couple Evosoda to help. And you're not loosing the supporter turn into only evolve, but getting a lot of useful stuff with Korrina.

Crushing hammer, adding just 1 it's very random. I would cut it.

Max elixir, this is very good BUT, you don't have energy acceleration. What if you have a Lucario or Zygarde with 3 energies? Don't think you're going to discard everything. Set up again is slow. IT's good but imo, doesn't fit the deck.

Just 1 Gladion is pretty random also. Remove.

Spirit link, no need it anymore.

Muscle band is good. Take a look at Choice band either. More damage but only to EX and GX which have also higher.

The Team grunts,will be at the end just a space mater.

And add some stadium.

There's a lot more. Max elixir, Energy loto, Trainers mail, FFBelt, Enhanced hammer... but space is so tight. We would need 70 cards decks, haha.

I would try based on your deck, with a budget and not making a whole new different deck (although there's a lot of changes), something kind of:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 2 Lucario-EX FFI 54
* 2 Rockruff GRI 73

* 2 Lycanroc-GX GRI 74
* 1 Zygarde-EX PR-XY XY151

* 2 Machop FFI 44
* 1 Machoke GEN 41
* 2 Machamp FFI 46

* 1 Regirock-EX FCO 43

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 115

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Scramble Switch PLS 129

* 4 Korrina FFI 95

* 2 N DEX 96

* 2 Cynthia UPR 119

* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Guzma BUS 115

* 1 Teammates PRC 141

* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129

* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Rare Candy PLB 85

* 2 Focus Sash FFI 91
* 2 Evosoda XY 116

* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Muscle Band XY 121

* 2 Scorched Earth PRC 138

##Energy - 14

* 4 Strong Energy
* 2 Double Colorless Energy
* 8 Fighting Energy

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

:cool:

Edited by Chasista, 04 April 2018 - 02:55 PM.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista