Glaceon GX/Alolan Ninetales/Zoroark

• Please log in to reply

04 April 2018 - 03:13 AM

LadyTsunade89

Rookie Trainer

• LadyTsunade89
I've actually had a lot of success with this deck. I went pretty far in my local card shop's tournaments. I was looking for some constructive feedback. I'm still pretty new to the game.

Pokémon:
Alolan Vulpix (beacon) x4
Alolan Ninetales x2
Alolan Ninetales GX x2
Eevee (energy evolution) x2
Glaceon GX x2
Zorua x2
Zoroark GX x2
Manaphy EX x1
Espeon EX x1

Trainers:
Brigette x2
N x2
Guzma x2
Cynthia x3
Acerola x1
Skyla x1
Cyrus x1
Gladion x1

Aqua Patch x3
Ultra Ball x2
Evosoda x2
Professor's Letter x2
Choice Band x2
Field Blower x1
Special Charge x1
Rescue Stretcher x1
Float Stone x1

Energy:
Splash Energy x4
Double Colorless Energy x4
Water Energy x6

I know I probably need Tapu Lele but I don't have any at the moment. Pretty much I feel like I have too many x1 and x2 trainer cards but I'm having a hard time deciding which ones are more important to have than others.

I appreciate any suggestions y'all have. Thanks! <3

04 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

The deck looks pretty well.

18-28-14 is quite good. How do you feel the speed? Do you find everything you need at play? Trainers could be increased a bit, up to 32 or 33. I would remove Gladion as looks very situational, to add 1 Sycamore.

Staple looks a bit like

3-4 Cynthia

2-3 N

1-3 Sycamore

2-4 Guzma

2 Brigette, specially if Lele

4 UB, although can be reduced if you play a lot of Basics having Brigette.

Not sure about the 2 Sycamore although would help with those Aqua patches. Then 4 Cynthia and 2-3 N. The idea is, if you have big hand drawers like those, then you don't need something so specific like Skyla (and I love Skyla, it always comes handy but use to be better spend the Supporter turn with another trainers) and you can "always" Zor Trade.

The hard choice is removing some pokémon as space is very tight and you can't remove everything from energies (maybe a couple, one Splash and one basic, having 2 letters I don't think it's a huge problem to find it but if you need it for evolution, then remove a DCE as you have the S. charge). BTW Puzzle of time is huge, although needing 4 spaces to play it.

Those decks tend to focus on one or the other attacker. So the choice would be focusing a bit more in Ninetales or Glaceon and remove 1-1 from the other. I would try 3-2/1 or 2-2/1 Ninetales GX/Ninetales to get a couple of spots for trainers.

With the deck being at a good level as it looks and as you told, it's a try and change. It's nothing wrong there.

Here's my sample of Zoro/Water toolbox:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 3 Eevee SUM 101

* 2 Glaceon-GX UPR 39

* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28
* 1 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 132
* 3 Zorua SLG 52
* 3 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Mew-EX DRX 120
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 3 N NVI 92

* 4 Cynthia UPR 119

* 2 Guzma BUS 115

* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Mallow GRI 127

* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113

* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109

* 2 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 2 Evosoda GEN 62
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166
* 7 Water Energy

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

XY Theme decks review: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/27938-the-best-xy-theme-deck-info-poll

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

04 April 2018 - 09:52 PM

LadyTsunade89

Rookie Trainer

• LadyTsunade89
Thank you for the suggestions! Your deck list seems really good too. My deck runs pretty consistently for the most part. I absolutely LOVE Mew EX. A friend of mine has that card and I'm so jealous of it. Lol. But anyways, I agree with you about the Skyla and Gladion. I might try switching those out. Although I do actually use Gladion pretty often. But I don't think he's super essential to the deck. Thanks again for complimenting my deck list and for the good suggestions. Right now I'm focusing on getting 2 Tapu Leles as they are a staple in nearly every deck.

04 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

Mew EX, same as Mewtwo (EVO 51) and Mew (FCO 29) if you run basics, is there to hit for weakness to Buzzwole GX (and Lucario GX also now). Had better times, but still is useful in the current meta.

Thanks for your kind words. I love to analyse decks. Give me also ideas, combinations and so on that sometimes doesn't come at first look to my decks.

And same as I said my thoughts and you have your deck and are different, is good for everyone to share and to adapt to your own playstyle, always. If we could only made 70 cards decks... hahaha.

The good thing is when you have 2 Lele, same as when you have copies enough of any other staple card, you can do any deck, for the rest of the life (or well, at least until next rotation).

Let me know the changes and if you feel it flowing better, I'll like to know :)

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

XY Theme decks review: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/27938-the-best-xy-theme-deck-info-poll

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

05 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

LadyTsunade89

Rookie Trainer

• LadyTsunade89
I took out the Skyla and put in a Mallow. It's such a great card to use with Zoroark bc you get to choose what 2 cards you're trading for. I kept the Gladion for now bc I actually do use him quite a bit but I'm probably gonna end up switching him out for another Mallow.

Also, being allowed to have 70 cards would be pretty great! Lol! Thanks again for the suggestions!