What's the deal with the Chinese spammer?

• Please log in to reply

01 April 2018 - 02:39 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Moderators, what's going on with this guy who keeps spamming this forum every night?  That must be a pain for you guys.  He posts so many, and doesn't seem to have a clue that (1) they get deleted almost immediately, and (2) not very many people here read Chinese, if any, so it's a complete waste of time.

Thanks for keeping things clean.  :)

01 April 2018 - 03:58 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

You're welcome :)

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

01 April 2018 - 06:54 AM

SharKing319

Expert Trainer

• SharKing319

That's what people call a spambot. Those accounts are made by automated programs that are designed to flood various sites with posts containing dubious links. Why these programs are made in the first place is beyond me, but that question can also be posed to the existence of spam as a whole.

In any case, good on the forum mods for erasing them as soon as they come up.

Edited by SharKing319, 01 April 2018 - 06:55 AM.

01 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Most of the bots I've seen recently actually spam in Korean. I know this info doesn't really help you, but I figured I might as well tell you regardless ;).

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

01 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

Most of the bots I've seen recently actually spam in Korean. I know this info doesn't really help you, but I figured I might as well tell you regardless ;).

And indeed those messages were in Korean. At least the two I checked. Something about wool suits and universities and... who knows. And who cares :lol:

Good job by mods.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

02 April 2018 - 01:04 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi Trainers,

If you see one that we miss, it can sometimes be helpful to report the user's post to bring it to our attention.

Thanks! 

Moderator Jynthu

03 April 2018 - 07:52 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Wow.  He (or they) went completely crazy tonight, filling up the front page of almost every section, and then some.

Any way you guys can block their IP address (or range) at some point?  That'd save some headaches for you.

Is there anything we can do to help, besides reporting the occasionally missed one?  Is it possible to give a couple trusted members the "limited" ability to delete spam?

P.S.  Disregard if necessary. ^^  Just throwing out ideas. ;)

Edited by RobRatt, 03 April 2018 - 08:02 AM.

03 April 2018 - 05:23 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Wow.  He (or they) went completely crazy tonight, filling up the front page of almost every section, and then some.

Any way you guys can block their IP address (or range) at some point?  That'd save some headaches for you.

Is there anything we can do to help, besides reporting the occasionally missed one?  Is it possible to give a couple trusted members the "limited" ability to delete spam?

P.S.  Disregard if necessary. ^^  Just throwing out ideas. ;)

It would be a good idea, but they probably use VPN. Anyone in their right mind would when doing something like that.

Friendship is magic!

12 April 2018 - 06:01 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Thank you all for being so eager in keeping our forum free of spam! We are doing our best to deal with this! Your interest is appreciated!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

12 May 2018 - 09:23 AM

Max_L_SpecTeam

Rookie Trainer

• Max_L_SpecTeam

(2) not very many people here read Chinese, if any, so it's a complete waste of time.

any people, who has Chrome-based brousers can use translator addon and see, what the SpamBots actually posting.

for example, i use Avast Secure brouser, based on Chrome, and have translator addon. Bots are actually posting topics about graduation diploma of colleges, universeties and something else.

if we can't help, they (moderators) can update captcha formula: add, for example, some challenges which bots can't solve it ('cause we, people, can do that).

Edited by Max_L_SpecTeam, 12 May 2018 - 09:24 AM.

13 May 2018 - 01:18 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi  Max_L_SpecTeam,

Thank you for the suggestion! I've passed that along for further review. 

Moderator Jynthu