Tapu Lele Damage Manipulation Deck

• Please log in to reply

31 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

callmeswisher

Rookie Trainer

• callmeswisher

I went out on a limb to create a deck around the new Fairy type Tapu Lele. My first and only match so far was successful against Vika/Bulu. I'm looking for tips to increase consistency and establish a better viability. Here's the list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Goomy GRI 94
* 2 Sliggoo GRI 95
* 2 Goodra GRI 96
* 2 Tapu Lele UPR 94
* 4 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 153
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 106
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 N FCO 105
* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Special Charge STS 105

##Energy - 13

* 3 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90
* 3 Water Energy XYEnergy 9
* 3 Fairy Energy XYEnergy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

31 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello callmeswisher,

Thank you for sharing your deck with us! I hope that you are able to make the improvements that you are hoping for!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

31 March 2018 - 09:11 PM

picsupes

Junior Trainer

• picsupes

Hey there, your deck is already pretty good! I would suggest taking out the Goodra line because I don't really think it contributes very much to your overall strategy and takes up a bunch of space in your deck. In its place, you could play the Rule of Evil Weavile, or Trashalanche Garbodor, or even the SHL Latios. Of all the options, running a split 2-2 split of Garbodor seems like the best option to me, because Garbotoxin is very strong in the meta right now (and also shuts down Mime which hard counters your strategy), and Trashalanche can clean up late game. It's also good against Buzzwole decks, where the spread route might not be the most effective. I also think that playing so many different energy types is not optimal. For the most part, counter energy will give you enough flexibility that you won't need the basic fairy energy. Some other inclusions you might consider are the Po Town/Espeon-EX devolve combo, Counter Catcher instead of Guzma, Brigette instead of Fan Club, and maybe some Enhanced Hammers to slow down your opponent. If you can afford it, another Tapu Lele GX wouldn't hurt either. Hope these suggestions help! Let us know how your deck evolves.

Edited by picsupes, 31 March 2018 - 09:13 PM.

03 April 2018 - 12:47 AM

Atraus

Rookie Trainer

• Atraus

Hey there, your deck is already pretty good! I would suggest taking out the Goodra line because I don't really think it contributes very much to your overall strategy and takes up a bunch of space in your deck. 

The Goodra is used to deal a decent amount of damage to ANY Pokémon they choose (mainly ones that already have been damaged on the bench). It is the decks "power sniper".

03 April 2018 - 01:20 PM

callmeswisher

Rookie Trainer

• callmeswisher

I've considered 3 Rule of Evil and 1 Evil Admonition but Buzzwole threatens the entire damage output and can efficiently run without abilities. I've always liked that Goodra card but its a slow setup since i could only fit 2-2-2 without candies. I prefer Fan Club over Brigette because I can choose to leave baby Lele in hand and not worry about Guzma as 110 isn't hard to achieve in this meta especially with a metal weakness. I think I just have to wait for more spread damage cards.