[GENERAL] Game appears on taskbar but won't open

• Please log in to reply

31 March 2018 - 02:01 PM

Dalgia111

Rookie Trainer

• Dalgia111

I really hope someone can help me out with this.  

I haven't played the game in a while, but when I re-installed it yesterday, the icon appears on the taskbar, and I can even hear the startup sound it makes, but it just doesn't appear on the screen. 

Even the small window is blank when I hover my mouse over the icon on the taskbar.  I've tried many things such as re-installing and restarting my system.  I've tried opening it in different resolutions, and using Alt+Tab to force the page up, but nothing's working. 

If anyone can help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Danny

31 March 2018 - 03:26 PM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

I really hope someone can help me out with this.  

I haven't played the game in a while, but when I re-installed it yesterday, the icon appears on the taskbar, and I can even hear the startup sound it makes, but it just doesn't appear on the screen. 

Even the small window is blank when I hover my mouse over the icon on the taskbar.  I've tried many things such as re-installing and restarting my system.  I've tried opening it in different resolutions, and using Alt+Tab to force the page up, but nothing's working. 

If anyone can help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Danny

Hello there Dalgia111, 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. 

Could you please confirm if you have PC or MAC? 

I've edited the title of your post to make it more descriptive.

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help from the Support Team visit the support portal and submit your ticket!

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules here.

04 April 2018 - 04:28 AM

Maximau5

Rookie Trainer

• Maximau5

Hi,
I am having the same exact problem. I am on a PC (windows 10) ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game many times but no luck

04 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

Hi,
I am having the same exact problem. I am on a PC (windows 10) ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game many times but no luck

Hello there Maximau5,

Sorry to hear you have the same problem.

I would recommend trying a full uninstall (Windows instructions).

Please also make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements (this link here). 

Also, if you still have the issue, please submit a ticket by clicking, firstly, the link to the Support Portal in my signature and, secondly, "Ask a Question". 

Hope this helps!  :)

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot

For more help from the Support Team visit the support portal and submit your ticket!

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules here.

04 April 2018 - 04:28 PM

Maximau5

Rookie Trainer

• Maximau5

Did what you said, still doenst work. I was playing this game fine for a week but now this happens. After the reinstall when I run it only a black window opens named refresher but its display is all black

04 April 2018 - 07:54 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Did what you said, still doenst work. I was playing this game fine for a week but now this happens. After the reinstall when I run it only a black window opens named refresher but its display is all black

Hey there!

If your system meets the minimum requires and your drivers are all up to date, please reach out to the support team so they can look into this further with you. 

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

04 April 2018 - 09:09 PM

Maximau5

Rookie Trainer

• Maximau5

Hey,

Technical support was of no use so I solved the issue myself.

Delete all the files from appdata like you mentioned and uninstall the game. Before reinstalling your game turn off your antivirus. Then install. And voila it works perfectly

07 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Maximau5,

Thank you for sharing that update. I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue!

Moderator Jynthu
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!