Please remove Mach Strike Theme Deck

• Please log in to reply

30 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

Pepto

Rookie Trainer

• Pepto
Hey everyone was going to post this a long time ago decided to ride it out perhaps something will be put in place.

Same old scenario. I would say every 1 in 5 games i play personally and within tournaments use this deck and the same old pattern of play kinda starting to annoy me really putting me off the game.

The deck is a gimme for people who are playing to exploit the mechanics of the game i would say out of 100 games v players using the mach deck i have won 5 maybe and perhaps 5 by people conceding when they couldn't pull gible and a strength card.

Tournaments start to become obsolete and pointless entering theme decks as nothing comes close to countering it.

Eventually there will be a huge percentage of the user base using this deck in the sense " If ya can't beat them join them"

There is no real brain power behind building and using decks this way it's counter-productive to the competitive side of the game i enjoy playing the game regardless if i win or lose if i get beat in a really tight game i'm happy because it's challenging to get losses time after time with the Mach Strike deck just makes the game really stink for me personally.

I understand people will say "Well build a deck that counters" It's not as simple as that perhaps users do not have cards or be able to build a deck that can and again all the games are random so going into battle with your Anti-Cheat deck doe's not work.

I also understand people will say "It aint cheating though it's allowed" Yes your right and i don't mind playing against people who have a gibble in there deck but 3 or 4 starts to get a bit mindless.

I cannot be the only one who finds this annoying so i am asking you personally the decision makers either get rid of this deck/amend it or cap the maximum allowed of the exploit cards or reap what you sow . It's happened with games through the years so don't allow this to happen to this one Call of Duty - no scoping to name one.

I am old enough to remember when Call of Duty was competitive ok not the same criteria of game but the basis is the same eventually it became a user base of people combating with a flaw in the game and COD obliging by making every other game afterwards catering for it .

[url="*****************************************************************************************"]*****************************************************************************************[/url]

Thank you for your understanding.

30 March 2018 - 07:53 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

People own this deck.

It is an official PTCG deck that you can buy in stores. They can't change this one like they did the online exclusive decks. When someone buys it and uses the code, they wouldn't be getting the deck they bought online.

No one will say "build a deck that counters" it, as it's a theme deck, and only plays against other theme decks.

I'll say it isn't cheating, because: what part of it is cheating? Just being a relatively good theme deck? There'll be another that's better. Maybe they could revisit the changes they made to the online exclusive decks, though.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

30 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Maybe they could revisit the changes they made to the online exclusive decks, though.

With an entire format dedicated to Theme Decks, this is really an Online problem.  Your solution, to rebuild or create new online exclusive decks is probably our only chance.  Like the OP mentioned, I don't mind losing in a tight battle, but it is so boring to play against both of the Ultra Prism decks, over and over.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Edited by RobRatt, 30 March 2018 - 08:36 PM.

30 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

Lupvirga

Rookie Trainer

• Lupvirga

the deck isn't even FAIR to theme decks.  It has a superb backup in the form of Gumshoos and most decks just CAN'T keep up.  You could run this in standard format and probability be consistent in wins.  I've NEVER seen a theme deck so far that has been so FOCUSED on one Pokemon before.  Even the new Imperial Command deck isn't as good, as it takes way to long to set up and Mach Strike can just kill it.  There's only two ways to beat it, One, kill gibil/gibite before it evolves (which won't happen very often) OR Pray to god he/she has them in the prize pile.  I've only beaten it once with out those advantages and that's because i managed to pull out 2 Lunalas super fast....and Hidden Moon isn't as consistent.

Edited: i don't think it should be removed but i think it should be banned from theme tournaments.  It's so good you can be consistent in Standard, heck, i'm already seeing this deck already in Standard.

Edited by Lupvirga, 31 March 2018 - 05:50 AM.

31 March 2018 - 01:02 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Pepto,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding this deck. Please note that only official URLs are permitted on the forums, per the forum rules

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

31 March 2018 - 03:35 PM

Pepto

Rookie Trainer

• Pepto

People own this deck.

It is an official PTCG deck that you can buy in stores. They can't change this one like they did the online exclusive decks. When someone buys it and uses the code, they wouldn't be getting the deck they bought online.

No one will say "build a deck that counters" it, as it's a theme deck, and only plays against other theme decks.

I'll say it isn't cheating, because: what part of it is cheating? Just being a relatively good theme deck? There'll be another that's better. Maybe they could revisit the changes they made to the online exclusive decks, though.

Could ban the certain cards on the online game don't see what the issue is really could also cap it or amend it for online use. Could even go as far to ban the themed deck from enter any tournament or game ?

Gave you a thumbs up btw

31 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Pepto

Rookie Trainer

• Pepto

With an entire format dedicated to Theme Decks, this is really an Online problem.  Your solution, to rebuild or create new online exclusive decks is probably our only chance.  Like the OP mentioned, I don't mind losing in a tight battle, but it is so boring to play against both of the Ultra Prism decks, over and over.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Again since the games are random being backed into a corner by building your deck specifically to counter it really doesn't do anyone good. 

If someone builds a deck that's anti-offensive maybe one that's used to burn an opponents cards away sits ok with me it involves a tactic behind it but using the mack deck requires no real skill but going into games . They will have the data of wins by that deck and i'm certain it's going to much higher than most of the other decks in comparison.

31 March 2018 - 04:15 PM

grriffinn

Trainer

• grriffinn

As SandaledOtter has already pointed out the TCGO staff can't make alterations to these decks due to it being one that's available as a physical product. But with that said, that's largely in part due to TPCi and the TCGO staff not giving theme decks the same "items obtained via this code may not be the same as those in the physical product" sort of deal that booster packs have. If they had that kind of clause then the TCGO staff would be able to make the alterations needed to make the Theme format a bit better.

I don't think it should be removed but i think it should be banned from theme tournaments.  It's so good you can be consistent in Standard, heck, i'm already seeing this deck already in Standard.

Garchomp/Lucario is iffy in Standard. You're HEAVILY reliant on Cynthia for OHKOs (meaning no using Guzma or any other Supporters) and you're weak to Pokemon that can attack the Bench (Buzzwole-GX) along with being threatened by Pokemon that can pull out weakened Bench-sitters (Lycanroc-GX GRI). There's a reason why it's not getting past Day One of any IRL Standard format tournaments (that aren't League Challenges) right now.

But come Ultra Force's international release (which will most likely be lumped into our Forbidden Light set) Garchomp will get ANNOYINGLY good due to a Fighting-type reprint of Garchomp ULP.

Edited by grriffinn, 31 March 2018 - 04:17 PM.

01 April 2018 - 09:20 PM

Lupvirga

Rookie Trainer

• Lupvirga

As SandaledOtter has already pointed out the TCGO staff can't make alterations to these decks due to it being one that's available as a physical product. But with that said, that's largely in part due to TPCi and the TCGO staff not giving theme decks the same "items obtained via this code may not be the same as those in the physical product" sort of deal that booster packs have. If they had that kind of clause then the TCGO staff would be able to make the alterations needed to make the Theme format a bit better.

Garchomp/Lucario is iffy in Standard. You're HEAVILY reliant on Cynthia for OHKOs (meaning no using Guzma or any other Supporters) and you're weak to Pokemon that can attack the Bench (Buzzwole-GX) along with being threatened by Pokemon that can pull out weakened Bench-sitters (Lycanroc-GX GRI). There's a reason why it's not getting past Day One of any IRL Standard format tournaments (that aren't League Challenges) right now.

But come Ultra Force's international release (which will most likely be lumped into our Forbidden Light set) Garchomp will get ANNOYINGLY good due to a Fighting-type reprint of Garchomp ULP.\

here's the thing, Garchomp is wicked fast to get out, the only way you could actually beat it is if you have a EX/GX pokemon.  It doesn't NEED to 1 shot kill due to the fact two shoting stuff works just as good.   Anything threatening come up and you don't have Cynthia, retreat it for NO COST and put out Hippowdon.  Not to mention very few pokemon could actually successfully 1 shot a Garchomp due to it's 150 HP.  Now, Lucario IS all about it's ability, not the damage it does, and it works even if garchomp is on the bench.  So really, when are you NOT going to have Cynthia in your hand.  not to mention it can attack benched pokemon. It's a solid card that you can work around and the deck already gave you tools to do it. 

However, the issue isn't that there isn't counters to the deck in standard, the issue is that there isn't counters in THEME format

Edited by Lupvirga, 01 April 2018 - 09:20 PM.

03 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

I think what we want is better matchmaking while playing theme decks: I'd rather wait longer and not face the latest theme decks when trying to play with an older one.

That's not possible for tournaments though. More variety may come with the next set.

I thought Mach Strike was better then Imperial Command until I learned to play them better. Now I'm not sure. You can't judge on a few games since you may have a streak of good/bad rng luck.

Theme deck Mach Strike is very bad as a Standard deck. A cheap standard deck can be built from two Mach Strike decks and can get somewhat good with the addition of other cards. But I'd rather advise players who had enough of Mach Strike / Imperial Command to build Alolan Dugtrio. (Credits to reddit; sorry for my French.)

* 1 Gouroutan SUM 113
* 4 Taupiqueur d’Alola SUM 86
* 4 Triopikeur d’Alola UPR 79
* 3 Stari BKP 25
* 3 Staross EVO 31
* 4 Hyper Ball DEX 102
* 4 Mont Couronné UPR 130
* 1 Registre Ami UPR 132
* 2 Lettre du Professeur BKT 146
* 3 Méga Canne NVI 95
* 4 Faiblo Ball SUM 123
* 2 Évolusoda XY 116
* 1 Pêcheur BKT 136
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Nettoyage de Terrain GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 N FCO 105
* 1 Pierrallégée BKT 137
* 2 Professeur Platane XY 122
* 11 Énergie Métal  8

04 April 2018 - 01:25 AM

Snk1982

Rookie Trainer

• Snk1982
I feel bad for new players, when I first started I had a legitimate chance to win theme deck tournaments with any of the free decks they gave. It kept the grind fun. These new decks are just too overpowered to play anything else. Only solution I can think of is to split theme into divisions ..it’d group the sm series ones, then everything else.

04 April 2018 - 02:33 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

All i can say is "lol".

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

04 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

QlnwtheOctoGuy

Rookie Trainer

• QlnwtheOctoGuy

Aggre. Also please kill the Imperial Command deck. Both are equally bah-roken than everything else.

05 April 2018 - 08:20 AM

Lupvirga

Rookie Trainer

• Lupvirga

Aggre. Also please kill the Imperial Command deck. Both are equally bah-roken than everything else.

Imperial Command is only good if your opponent dosen't have back ups.  you only need to kill the Two Prinplups to actually win/beat the game.  Not to mention that if the Empoleon is in the prize pile, it's pretty much done for.  Several decks can easily beat that deck with ease, it's just really easy to play around.  It's annoying, but not outlandish in Theme Format.

Edited by Lupvirga, 05 April 2018 - 08:29 AM.

05 April 2018 - 12:06 PM

STo0oRM

Rookie Trainer

• STo0oRM

all new Sun and moon card's is much much stronger not only theme deck ... 

For new player maybe they need to change the 1st 3 free theme deck So players can use them .. and the upcoming be in the same range ..

I was SO powerfull with mega mewtwo ex ... now gx is 250 hp .. and the best move of mega ex mewtwo you can find it in basic tapu lili gx with ability .. !! that card is like glitch in the game same as the new sun and moon theme decks ... 

I think the game need big update to balance what happened or maybe it's new era of the sun and moon with gx cards that will replace all old cards and new themes will replace all the old themes .....

27 April 2018 - 01:22 PM

Tolmidget

Rookie Trainer

• Tolmidget

I'm new to the pokemon TCG both online and in general, just started today actually. Noticed a lot of these Mach Strike decks, tricky ones to fight. I've lost 3 matches and won 6 using the Imperial Command deck. I kinda feel like this one is more OP than Mach Strike since a lot of pokemon have moves that let you stall, and Empoleon ends up a cannon and only needs 2 energy to do so.

27 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

When you start it's easier because you face new or bad players. Win a lot and see what happens after 100 games. You'll have winning and losing streaks.

It could be the case that Empoleon is slightly stronger than Garchomp though.

27 April 2018 - 10:47 PM

Tolmidget

Rookie Trainer

• Tolmidget

The Empoleon is a big part of it, as well as Abomasnow and Floatzel. The sleep from Manaphy and Paralyze from Prinplup are pretty helpful too. Floatzel is by far the mvp though. But yeah I'm starting to see how this deck is a pain. I've done two tournaments so far, won the first one, started off against someone with the same deck as me and then the next two battles were Mach Strike decks. Then in my second tournament I won the first round against a Mach Strike Deck and then after it was another Mach Strike Deck. More I do VS it's almost always Mach Strike decks now. If they get the momentum at the very start they're guaranteed to win. Can get lucky with sleep effect from Manaphy to stop the annoying little Gible from growing up, but when you're not so lucky it hurts. I tried playing with Mach Strike as well, easy deck to use, but really boring. It's almost always the exact same. Get Garchomp, get Lucario, grab Cynthia, get another Garchomp. Kill everything with 1-hit. Because of Lucario's ability you get the 2 Cynthia cards guaranteed unless they end up in your prize cards, and then you bring the two Cynthia cards back into circulation with your Pal Pad. And if something does start getting close to killing your Garchomp you can easily retreat to your other Garchomp and continue killing. Or even to any of the other high hp pokemon this deck is full of and use that to bide your time while you get set up. Then if you're playing Mach Strike and vs another Mach Strike it call comes down to turn order. Whoever is 2nd turn and has their gible active gets to Garchomp first and wins. I've had some pretty fun matches with Imperial Command going up against others who had it. The deck feels so much more versatile. You can be winning one moment, losing the next, start winning again, then outa nowhere you're gonna lose, and then at the last moment you manage to string something together and win.

28 April 2018 - 12:09 AM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

Can you already play Mach Strike optimally after just a few tens of games? Never a misplay, always wager on the most favorable odds? I found this goal difficult to reach, which made up for the repetitive part of playing theme.

Edited by SingingFlyEx, 28 April 2018 - 12:10 AM.

28 April 2018 - 03:23 AM

matthewm109

Rookie Trainer

• matthewm109

Since you see everyone and their dog seeming to use it during theme matches you already have the gist of what to do with it. A quick read through the deck gives you a further idea each roll things will play, and then after a dozen or two games you have it down quite easily. I wouldn't say never a misplay though, pokemon isn't my first TCG there are TCG's I've put hundreds of hours into with certain set ups and would still miss play things. My favourite one with this particular TCG is I've developed a habit of using an ultra ball, scrolling to the pokemon I want, and clicking done. Then instant regret becausse I didn't click the pokemon and just wasted the ultra ball.