5th day Log in pack is random? Got a GUR :DD

• Please log in to reply

29 March 2018 - 12:31 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

I can swear it's not only me that, I've been getting almost only EVO packs, since January.

I can remember to get 1 UPR, 1 STS and 1 SUM, but ALL the other were EVO, in Daily log in, in daily challenges for 16 KOs, in ladder boxes... It's free, it's a gift, ok but at least if they were going to be from XY era could have been more random. A ROS or a BKT or BKP, not being the optimum, would have been more welcome

It's weird, if this is random, to have gotten only EVOs. And if not random... I better don't speak :rolleyes:

I was going to make a thread asking if getting EVOs was only me, a ton of times... but then I thought, is this going to fix something? And didn't came to write. Happiness make me write this one though.

By now, I didn't saw any B/W pack, nowhere :( But a GUR, even locked, it's a good new 2 months later.

BTW, does this work as everyone gets the same pack in the same week (for example)? My 5th day can be different than others but one week a GUR is given, the next a BKT, the next a SUM and 5th day of that week it's same pack for everyone... or is it also random picked in the moment?

GUR

SUM

STS

CRi

EVO

CRi

FCo

STS

STS

-Celestial Storm released-

EVO

Edited by Chasista, 10 August 2018 - 04:31 PM.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

29 March 2018 - 01:06 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Well, I got an EVO today so...

29 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

it's a random standard pack, maybe excluding the most recent set (like the mystery boxes do), and definitely excluding special sets like generations, double crisis, etc.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

30 March 2018 - 01:05 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

it's a random standard pack, maybe excluding the most recent set (like the mystery boxes do), and definitely excluding special sets like generations, double crisis, etc.

It doesn't exclude generations (dunno about SL). I got generations.....once....a long time ago. Maybe it's patched out

31 March 2018 - 02:37 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I definitely feel like I get more Evo than other packs, but I dunno, maybe we're all just unlucky and the lucky people don't use the forums.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

01 April 2018 - 05:31 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

I definitely feel like I get more Evo than other packs, but I dunno, maybe we're all just unlucky and the lucky people don't use the forums.

Just got my Day5 a few hours ago, it was a BuS pack with a pair of Simisear (1 reverse holo) and an Azumarill. So, nothing I'm instantly jumping on to build a new deck.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

01 April 2018 - 07:56 PM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

Hm, I get 90% BREAKpoint boosters from my 5th day pack.

I blame the rng algorythm that often proves to be faulty and tends to hang up, getting you the same result over and over. (which is a year-old problem never fixed by the devs because apparently they think the rng would be okay) 

Edited by Oldschool1990, 01 April 2018 - 07:57 PM.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

01 April 2018 - 11:49 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Hm, I get 90% BREAKpoint boosters from my 5th day pack.

I blame the rng algorythm that often proves to be faulty and tends to hang up, getting you the same result over and over. (which is a year-old problem never fixed by the devs because apparently they think the rng would be okay) 

That would make sense, were the RNG rolled on your local PC, but I expect it's determined by the server, since that's more secure (you could use a local hack to influence it otherwise), and the pack has to be registered there as being assigned to you anyway.

For the server to have an RNG that uses your data to make the randomness not work? Not believing it without a whole lot of real evidence.

02 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

Oldschool1990

Veteran Trainer

• Oldschool1990

For the server to have an RNG that uses your data to make the randomness not work? Not believing it without a whole lot of real evidence.

Nobody ever said it uses my data for anything.

I dont know where you got that weird idea from.

Fact is, the servers rng is faulty, especially on peak times.

Everybody playing this game for a longer time should have noticed that.

Specialized on Theme Deck Tournaments.

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

02 April 2018 - 10:03 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Nobody ever said it uses my data for anything.

I dont know where you got that weird idea from.

Fact is, the servers rng is faulty, especially on peak times.

Everybody playing this game for a longer time should have noticed that.

Where did I get that idea? Well:

• You claimed it gives you a booster from the same set 90% of the time because it's broken
  • Other people don't get that same set at anything like that %

The only way that it can be bad in a way that fits that is to make the selection based on who you are. Otherwise everyone would be getting 90% Breakpoint boosters. At peak times, there would be more people getting that result. If they aren't, and it isn't identifying you, it can't be faulty RNG.

03 April 2018 - 12:53 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
ANDDDD I got another EVO (contains all trash btw)

03 April 2018 - 02:59 AM

xXTheStalkXx

Trainer

• xXTheStalkXx
Yeah, I get EVO most of the time as well from the5th day reward, can't say that about the other rewards, though, I get quite a nice variety in the 16 KO's challenge.

03 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

5th day SUM gotten. Well at least is from this era.

They change me the pack for the complaint, hahahha :lol:

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

03 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

ANDDDD I got another EVO (contains all trash btw)

Getting nothing good is VERY common, of course, especially as you build up your collection more. :)

08 April 2018 - 03:18 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Annnnndddddd got ANOTHER EVO pack. Third in a row! Halp

08 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD!

You'll get the EVO curse...

08 April 2018 - 08:40 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD!

You'll get the EVO curse...

Heh. Mine was another BuS with another Azumarill, so I didn't say anything.

16 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

It doesn't exclude generations (dunno about SL). I got generations.....once....a long time ago. Maybe it's patched out

Yeah, that was fixed 2 years ago.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

16 April 2018 - 02:50 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Yeah, that was fixed 2 years ago.

Aww :(

17 April 2018 - 03:38 AM

LegendofZapdos5

Veteran Trainer

• LegendofZapdos5

HEY, HEY! Those words are burning my ears bro! LUCKY PEOPLE DO use this forum. (I even seen a topic on lucky pulls not too long ago in Game Feedback) ^_________^

P.S I love you brother!  :P