Slow game download speed in PC + Can't uninstall old version

Installation Login PC Patching

• Please log in to reply

28 March 2018 - 02:54 AM

olucaspontes

Rookie Trainer

• olucaspontes

Hello, 

tonight I tried to login into the game (like I successfully did in the morning) and the loading bar went up to around 70% and it failed, over and over again, going really slow in the process. I tried to uninstall the game and I got the well known "Property USER Profile" error.  

So, I went to https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/ to download the game again, and the download is REALLY slow, like 5,0 kbps (my internet connection usually goes for 5 mbps). 

I tried in Chrome, Edge and Firefox, all the same stuff, over and over. Tried a different WiFi, no luck. Tried via a LAN connection, also no luck. 

I'm playing on Windows 10 - x64, 8GB RAM, Intel i5-7200U

What's going on? thanks

Edited by olucaspontes, 28 March 2018 - 03:00 AM.

28 March 2018 - 04:23 AM

ColdFortune

Rookie Trainer

• ColdFortune

Had the exact same problem, couldn't even uninstall also, until I found a work around and yeah download starts slow then eventually completely stops working.

Edited by ColdFortune, 28 March 2018 - 04:24 AM.

28 March 2018 - 10:17 AM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

Hello, 

tonight I tried to login into the game (like I successfully did in the morning) and the loading bar went up to around 70% and it failed, over and over again, going really slow in the process. I tried to uninstall the game and I got the well known "Property USER Profile" error.  

So, I went to https://www.pokemon....play-online/ to download the game again, and the download is REALLY slow, like 5,0 kbps (my internet connection usually goes for 5 mbps). 

I tried in Chrome, Edge and Firefox, all the same stuff, over and over. Tried a different WiFi, no luck. Tried via a LAN connection, also no luck. 

I'm playing on Windows 10 - x64, 8GB RAM, Intel i5-7200U

What's going on? thanks

Hello there olucaspontes, 

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. 

I would recommend trying a Refresher Method:

- Without uninstalling the game, download the latest installer from the TCG Online download page
- Run the installer.
- Find the folder in which you installed the game, named PokemonTradingCardGameOnline, and run the Refresher executable manually.
- Run the game client and log in.

Hope this helps!

Let us know if the situation persists after all these steps.

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Installation, Login, PC, Patching