[MAC] - Crashing - Mac Client uses up all of my RAM

• Please log in to reply

27 March 2018 - 10:56 PM

race530

Rookie Trainer

• race530

I have to quit my client after every match to clear out my ram. If I don't my Mac will automatically start closing excess windows to conserve ram, and I'll frequently get the message "Your system has run out of memory, please close programs to free up space". This is the only program I've ever used that has caused this problem. If I don't clear my ram in time, or shut down the program quickly enough I'm forced to force restart my computer out of it completely freezing. I really enjoy PTCGO, but this RAM issue is killer for me. I'm on a 2015 13" Macbook Pro, running High Sierra 10.13.2, with 8GB of Ram, an i5 processor, and over 30GB of Hard drive space available. 

28 March 2018 - 01:11 AM

Noble-Latios

Rookie Trainer

• Noble-Latios

Wow it Like The one time Flash On Firebox while on A Site Keep Useing Ram or CPU and keep Frezzeing the computer till i X Out of Said site.  The Program must have some type of Bug at eat up Ram or Something

Edited by Noble-Latios, 28 March 2018 - 01:12 AM.

28 March 2018 - 03:28 AM

picsupes

Junior Trainer

• picsupes

I stopped playing PTCGO on my MacBook for this very reason. I couldn't play more than a few games without the computer heating up like crazy. Indeed my computer crashed twice last year, both times while I was playing PTCGO, and I ended up having to replace both the battery and the hard drive. I understand that MacBooks aren't really built for gaming purposes, but I don't get why a game like PTCGO should put so much load on the processor and memory. It really isn't optimal. I play on my iPad now and it takes up a ton of space and I have to remember to clear my caches every few weeks or PTCGO pretty much takes over the entire device.  

30 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan
Hello Trainers,

Thanks for raising the issue.

First, I would suggest doing a full uninstall-reinstall. Below are the instructions on how to do so for Mac clients.

MAC Uninstall
    Delete your TCGO folder, along with any downloaded installation files.
    Click on 'Go' located on your top window, press the 'alt/option' key and select 'Library'.
    Go to 'Cache' folder. Delete any/all Pokémon related folders you find.
    From the 'Library' again, go to 'Saved Application State' and delete "unity.The Pokémon Company International.Refresher.savedState" folder.
    Empty your trash and then restart your Mac.
    Please ensure that you also delete all previously downloaded versions of the game. We recommend using a different web browser to download the file again (such as Firefox or Google Chrome). Visit http://pokemon.com/playtcgoto download the latest game installer.

If this situation persists, I'd suggest that you send a ticket to the support team so they can investigate this matter further. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question". Thanks for your patience, and good luck!

Moderator Rowan
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

09 May 2018 - 02:23 PM

andthenx

Rookie Trainer

• andthenx

This happens to me as well!

You should really look into it because I have checked Activity Memory and I don't have anything else running in parallel that would justify this "Your system has run out of memory, please close programs to free up space" message.

09 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello andthenx,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue! If you have tried the suggestions above, I would recommend submitting a ticket so our support team can assist you further. 

To submit a ticket, click the link in my signature, sign in, then click Pokémon Trading Card Game Online and finally Contact Us. 

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!